• 49 results
#1 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

Some say "Superman gets killed because of Mjolnir"

then others say "Thor doesn't get any power at all from mjolnir its more just a focus-er"

????? can I get some clarity here? If mjolnir gives him power isn't losing it a weakness? and if mjolnir gives him no power then what is the point of having it? you cant have the cake and eat it to

#2 Edited by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6093 posts) - - Show Bio

Doesn't he turn into Donald Blake when he isn't in contact with Mjolnir? That would mean he has less power when he doesn't have it, so in a way Mjolnir kind of does give him his power.

#3 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

ive heard that and bunch of other conflicting themes

#4 Posted by deaditegonzo (3624 posts) - - Show Bio

Doesn't he turn into Donald Blake when he isn't in contact with Mjolnir? That would mean he has less power when he doesn't have it, so in a way Mjolnir kind of does give him his power.

That has been done away with, decades ago. But yeah, the magic of Mjolnir is really the only credible argument that could give Thor a chance, seeing as Superman totally towers over Thor in every other category.

So, losing the hammer would pretty much guarantee defeat (I see Thor losing 8/10 at least anyway).

#5 Posted by AweSam (7373 posts) - - Show Bio

@v_scarlotte_rose: I know that's how it used to be, but I think they changed that. Not sure, I don't read Thor.

Thor fans are just confused individuals.

#6 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6093 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe it just depends on how you look at things. There might not be a "correct" answer.

#7 Edited by deaditegonzo (3624 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor is super strong, super durable, and above peak human in speed, with or without Mjolnir. However, Mjolnir grants all of Thor's more exotic capabilities, including energy absorption and redirection, travel through hyperspace, god blasts, control of storms, etc, and it enhances his striking power SIGNIFICANTLY. The hammer is super important unless you believe a mid-level brick could beat Superman.

#8 Posted by DigbyKong (300 posts) - - Show Bio

"Thor fans are cnfusing the crap out of me"

Sounds like a great laxative.

#9 Posted by Wolverine08 (38561 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: OK. Mjnoir is Thor's mystical hammer. The reason why us Thor fans say Thor can beat Superman with it is because it can amplify Thor's already adroit magical powers. And to answer your other question, Thor does NOT receive his powers such as super strength, super speed, from Mjnoir. It only increases his weather controlling abilities and magic power.

#10 Posted by MagnificentStorm (1380 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: Thor has minimal weather controlling powers nothing all that powerful. Mjolnir has weather controlling powers of its own through magic which is why Thor is so powerful. An except from a few Marvel characters can take Mjolnir from Thor because of enchantments

#11 Edited by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6093 posts) - - Show Bio

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

That has been done away with, decades ago. But yeah, the magic of Mjolnir is really the only credible argument that could give Thor a chance, seeing as Superman totally towers over Thor in every other category.

So, losing the hammer would pretty much guarantee defeat (I see Thor losing 8/10 at least anyway).

Oh, fair enough then. Now that I think about it I don't think I've seen it happen in later issues.

Maybe I would have noticed if I read solo Thor comics. I only know him from Avengers issues really.

#12 Posted by Wolverine08 (38561 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo:

Ehh I see it is a pretty even match that can go either way.

#13 Edited by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08:

ok that makes more sense to me. but you just wait. there will be 4 conflicting descriptions coming my way and

Edit: ive been reading Thor god of thunder and ive only seen him have fast travel speed.

#14 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@magnificentstorm:

I saw thormakeit rain fire without mjolnir so od say his weather powers are more than minimal

#15 Posted by Wolverine08 (38561 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc:

Just go to Thor's page on Marvelwiki.com it will explain Thor's abilities scrupulously.

#16 Posted by deaditegonzo (3624 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

@wolverine08:

ok that makes more sense to me. but you just wait. there will be 4 conflicting descriptions coming my way and

Edit: ive been reading Thor god of thunder and ive only seen him have fast travel speed.

Thor is slower than Wolverine, Spider-man and Captain America, at least in combat. Like a space shuttle, he can open a wormhole and travel through Hyperspace, many times the speed of light, or by "riding" Mjolnir after throwing it, he can travel near lightspeed.

He doesnt have super speed reflexes or combat, merely above peak human.

#17 Posted by Wolverine08 (38561 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Edited by MagnificentStorm (1380 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: must have been some magic spell or something because he has been shown to have hardly no power other than for high strength and durability an minimum weather control.

#19 Posted by deaditegonzo (3624 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo:

Uhhhh no......

I can post scans proving all the above. Wolverine hits Thor several times before Thor even lands a blow, and he goes so far to say "He's faster than me." Captain America says Masterson Thor's weakness is that he is too slow, just like his predecessor.

#20 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08:

no way jose' I got chewed out by mods for referring to wiki's about SMP1M if there is a scan proving his super speed during combat being on par with supermans then ill take your word for it.

#21 Posted by Wolverine08 (38561 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc:

I don't have a scanner, but he has hit people with super speed such as Quicksilver easily. You'll really should do some research on Thor. It is kind of basic knowledge that he has super speed and reflexes.

#22 Posted by GodTriggerHulk (1998 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor has Mjolnir-esque abilities without his hammer, though not to the same extent.

#23 Edited by MagnificentStorm (1380 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: Who hasnt hit quicksilver lol. But u have to admit even if he does have them most writers dont have him use them.

#24 Edited by cameron83 (6638 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor has Mjolnir-esque abilities without his hammer, though not to the same extent.

#25 Posted by deaditegonzo (3624 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc:

I don't have a scanner, but he has hit people with super speed such as Quicksilver easily. You'll really should do some research on Thor. It is kind of basic knowledge that he has super speed and reflexes.

He didnt hit Quicksilver, he did an area of effect attack that Quicksilver was actually caught in. He didnt actually tag Quicksilver, which would be some evidence of super speed reflexes.

#26 Edited by Wolverine08 (38561 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo:

The ability to even catch Quicksilver off guard shows he has super speed. May you please learn about Thor before you talk about him?

#27 Edited by Wolverine08 (38561 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is this even a debate? Thor's opponents usually have super speed. How would he fight them if he was "peak human"?

#28 Posted by deaditegonzo (3624 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo:

The ability to even catch Quicksilver off guard shows he has super speed. May you please learn about Thor before you talk about him?

Did you look at all the scans I posted? I posted three.

And no, being able to cause damage across a wide area which Quicksilver could not avoid says NOTHING about Thor's speed. Thor is slow, this is common knowledge, even amongst his fans.

#29 Edited by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@magnificentstorm:

he just did it without mjolnir and in a weakened state 2 issues ago

@wolverine08

actually the knowledge ive accumulated from reding the current Thor series have not shown him to possess super reflexes or speed aside from travel speed. do you have a scan I can google?

Edit: and quicksilver isn't as fast as superman is he? superman is FTL

#30 Posted by deaditegonzo (3624 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

@magnificentstorm:

he just did it without mjolnir and in a weakened state 2 issues ago

@wolverine08

actually the knowledge ive accumulated from reding the current Thor series have not shown him to possess super reflexes or speed aside from travel speed. do you have a scan I can google?

He just blatantly misrespresented the Quicksilver and Thor encounter, I highly doubt he will give you any credible feats that you can look up. Except maybe Thor's so-called nanosecond feat from like the 70s.

#31 Posted by Wolverine08 (38561 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc:

Quicksilver has incredible super speed. If Thor can catch him off guard, he definitely has super speed.

#32 Posted by Wolverine08 (38561 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor isn't Superman fast, but he does have superhuman speed. Writers usually have him hit stuff with his hammer, and forget to show his speed. That's why people question his speed. SMH.

#33 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc:

Quicksilver has incredible super speed. If Thor can catch him off guard, he definitely has super speed.

qft youre right. but I still don't think he is fast as Supes. but we're off topic now

#35 Posted by MagnificentStorm (1380 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: yea like i said probably magic which most people of a magical nature can still use even when weak

#36 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

ok so if thor fought superman and had no mjolnir....what happens then

#37 Posted by Wolverine08 (38561 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc:

It would go either way really.

#38 Edited by deaditegonzo (3624 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

ok so if thor fought superman and had no mjolnir....what happens then

You want anyone to reply, or only people who identify as Thor fans?

#39 Posted by BaneStrokeLoboGrundyBatArrow (1391 posts) - - Show Bio

OH GOD I DON"T KNOW!!!!

#40 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay these conflicting answers are really confusing me....

So Thor does have a superhuman physique and control of storms without Mjolnir.

But Mjolnir increases his powers, and also grants him a bunch of other powers?

Is that right?

#41 Posted by Wolverine08 (38561 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark:

Mjnoir increases Thor's magic and weather controlling abilities. Nothing else.

#42 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo:

anybody. Superman is my fav character so Im not trying to make a "Thor is awesome" thread. I just want a solid answer to the questions

#43 Posted by MagnificentStorm (1380 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark: Almost Thor has minimum weather control an superhuman strength and durability.

Mjolnir has its own weather control abilities an other powers such a enhanced speed, time travel (but not any more) energy absorption an others

#44 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait a minute wait a minute wait a minute.....if mjolnir only boosts his weather and magic powers then whats woth the "whosoever holds this hammer shall possess the power of Thor" thing? ive seen Cap WW and BRB hold it then basically become Thor....so whats the deal with that?

#45 Posted by MagnificentStorm (1380 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: The sayings is most likely from his title he is the god of lightning. An he does have weather controling powers but Mjolnir has the real power. An if u have mjolnir u can also use its weather controlling magic

#46 Posted by deaditegonzo (3624 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

@deaditegonzo:

anybody. Superman is my fav character so Im not trying to make a "Thor is awesome" thread. I just want a solid answer to the questions

I dont dislike Thor, he is ok, but he is certainly not one of my favourites. That said, without Mjolnir, he gets curbstomped every time against Supes. Basically, at that point all he brings to the table is strength and durability, he is typically below Superman in both categories, and then you bring in Superman's extraordinary speed advantage and it isnt even fair.

With Mjolnir, it becomes a lot more debatable. Essentially Thor's versatility vs Superman's advantages in everything else. The first question you have to ask, before debating anything else is: Is Thor even fast enough to respond to a Superman who is going all out before he gets KOed/Killed? I doubt his brain will even get the chance to interpret the data being sent from his eyes before his head is ripped off. But, if you do assume he is fast enough to even stage a counterattack, then the question becomes: Does Thor have any magical abilities that could put Superman down, before he succumbs to the barrage that he is assuredly facing? Once again, this is a no from me, but if yes proceed to Question 3. What other variable are at play? How far are either willing to go, in the sense that, if they lack the ability to win as is, would they leave the battle to better prepare? Would Supes Sundip? Would Thor get an Odin Force boost? IDK. But I think the battle ends with question 1.

#47 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark:

Mjnoir increases Thor's magic and weather controlling abilities. Nothing else.

So why are others saying that it gives him god blasts, energy absorption, teleportaiton and et cetera?

@sog7dc said:

Wait a minute wait a minute wait a minute.....if mjolnir only boosts his weather and magic powers then whats woth the "whosoever holds this hammer shall possess the power of Thor" thing? ive seen Cap WW and BRB hold it then basically become Thor....so whats the deal with that?

When Cap lifted it, he didn't become Thor, but he did say he was filled with so much power that it was 'intoxicating'.

#48 Posted by MonsterStomp (15813 posts) - - Show Bio

What needs to be cleared up, is that Superman takes Thor 7-8/10 times because Thor can't react that fast.

#49 Posted by RustyRoy (10884 posts) - - Show Bio

Its like police with a gun, he can take down a thug without using guns but if the guy is stronger than him then he can use the gun.

#50 Posted by comicace3 (3469 posts) - - Show Bio

That was looooong time ago. Decades ago.

@sog7dc said:

Some say "Superman gets killed because of Mjolnir"

then others say "Thor doesn't get any power at all from mjolnir its more just a focus-er"

????? can I get some clarity here? If mjolnir gives him power isn't losing it a weakness? and if mjolnir gives him no power then what is the point of having it? you cant have the cake and eat it to

Mjolnir is more of focus than anything. It helps him control the weather, create portal, create massive lighting blasts, and fly, ( I think godblast people too although I think he did without mjolnir.. I'm not sure),and energy absorbtion. Without it he still has: Super strength ( enhanced with the belt of strength, Super durability, speed, super reflexes, minimal weather control, and he also has a connection to the earth as his mother is Gaea.