#1 Posted by a88378438 (3421 posts) - - Show Bio

who can some explain????very thank you~

i can't belive this GOD...too devilishness

#2 Posted by Larkin1388 (1760 posts) - - Show Bio

I have no clue.

#3 Posted by a88378438 (3421 posts) - - Show Bio

i mean,why god eating them?

this is GOD or evil god?i don''t understand this scan....

#4 Posted by Saren (24334 posts) - - Show Bio

That wasn't the Presence. It was Jim Corrigan's perception of what God must be like, molded from his experiences as the Spectre. As the spirit of vengeance, he devoted himself to a quest of rage and anger, and accordingly his perception of God was shaped to that vision.

#5 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

This had to be the inspiration for that particular panel, even if this technically isn't a Judeo-Christian image. Nevertheless, the parallel does exist.

#6 Posted by Saren (24334 posts) - - Show Bio

@RedheadedAtrocitus said:

This had to be the inspiration for that particular panel, even if this technically isn't a Judeo-Christian image. Nevertheless, the parallel does exist.

I love Goya.

#7 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane: Me too! :)

#8 Posted by Outside_85 (7107 posts) - - Show Bio

Ostranders The Spectre #62 from 1998, pretty much the culmination of a long story where the Spectre, or rather Jim Corrigan had been out look for God since he was becoming increasingly detached from his job. As CitizenBane points out, what you see is what Corrigan thought God was, based on his long chore as the Spectre and how his father used to define God for him (since he was a priest of the less likeable sort). And Corrigan did start out his Spectre days by roaring about how God didn't give a toss about all the evil in the world (his own death in a cement filled barrel included).

#9 Posted by Saren (24334 posts) - - Show Bio

@Outside_85: It was #61, actually. Just sayin'.

#10 Posted by Deadcool (6809 posts) - - Show Bio

Holly crap...

#11 Posted by Outside_85 (7107 posts) - - Show Bio
@CitizenBane: My apologies, #61 it is.
#12 Posted by The Devil Tiger (1263 posts) - - Show Bio

Look like an author tract.

#13 Posted by a88378438 (3421 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

That wasn't the Presence. It was Jim Corrigan's perception of what God must be like, molded from his experiences as the Spectre. As the spirit of vengeance, he devoted himself to a quest of rage and anger, and accordingly his perception of God was shaped to that vision.

so,this not really?

p.s,i think you hate me.....sorry,