Oh look, Marvel is marginalizing the X-Men/FF again...

• 50 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Marvel has asked XM Studios Premium Collectibles to put a stop to all X-Men/FF products. I guess it's not enough to put a trash writer on the flagship books, exclude them from merchandising, and cancel their series. Now we can't even have collectible figures.

link

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By dimitridkatsis

Not surprised.

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

K

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Rpgesus

Eh xmen and ff are the worst

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Geez.

Beata

Mr_Sinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly I believe its a power play. Until they get all the movie rights back I expect to see more of this.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rpgesus said:

No Caption Provided

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93 said:

Marvel has asked XM Studios Premium Collectibles to put a stop to all X-Men/FF products. I guess it's not enough to put a trash writer on the flagship books, exclude them from merchandising, and cancel their series. Now we can't even have collectible figures.

link

Because they have to share with Fox, and they don't want to do that anymore. Especially since Fox has bombed out everything but a few X-Men movies so far, and won't give Doom or the Skrulls back.

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Inhumans and GOTG will become the next F4 and X-men

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Skit

Fox:No it's cool Disney, it's not like we made Marvel a name among film while you guys had you're thumb up butts or anything.

I honestly don't care about the fact I can't but a $100 figure of Hugh Jackman now, but the hell Marvel, you petty fools who don't know how to business.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93: Your forgetting the F4 have been losing popularity even before marvel did things like this to them. And what's wrong with the Inhumans and the Guardians ?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skit: I don't have the money nor the desire to buy any of the figures, but they're still pretty cool.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93: They're cool no doubt, the cable one especially.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: Nothing, I like both of them. However, I don't want to see them 'replace' two properties that have more clout and much larger fanbases. Do people actually want the comics to mirror the MCU? That's the way it's going at this point.

Gjgp27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@kgb725: inhumans and guardians vs Xmen and f4?

............Hahahahahaha

Chazz85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

one day one day we shall get the rights back and infinity war will be the best movie till the marvel v DC film comes out.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#21  Edited By GraniteSoldier

And yet, Dr. Doom and the FF are central to the current Secret Wars event. And Scott Summers is once again the Phoenix.

I also only know, even on this site, about 6 people who still even like the FF. X-Men are fine, but it seems no one cares about them since Logan died.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wrglfan2814: It does make sense from a business standpoint: they don't have full control over the properties.

"Theirs just as many xmen comics now, as their ever was"

That's actually false. There could be 50 X-books out right now, but it doesn't mean shite if they're all garbage.

Where are the TV shows, toys, collectible figures, t-shirts? Why are they omitted from promotional art? Why are dozens of credible sites putting out articles about this topic? I think we're way past 'conspiracy theories' at this point.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ScouterV

Do people really believe marvel is neglecting some of their most popular and iconic characters simply because they don't have the movie rights? That would make no sense at all from a buissness standpoint. I don't think Marvel is dumb enough to deprive themselves of the money they would make from characters like the x men because their mad. Theirs just as many xmen comics now, as their ever was. The only reason they cancelled fantastic four was because nobody bought it, and even then the fantastic four still play a huge role in the secret wars event comic. Stop pushing conspisparicy theories.

Marvel doesn't have to make smart business moves. They're playing with Mouse Money now. They can pretty much do whatever they want.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wrglfan2814 The evidence is there. Fox owns the "live-action" rights when it comes to the X-Men, and that's it. Marvel has everything else: merchandise, toys, cartoons, comics, and video games. Yet, out of all of those, we're only getting 7 crappy books.

It's plain as day that Marvel is denigrating their own properties. Anyone who says otherwise is fooling themselves.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

hhhhmmmm

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stahp. Plz stahp bein c*nt Mahvel. It not noice.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 the_stegman  Moderator

I don't know if I believe Marvel is petty enough to do all of this just cause they can't have movie rights, but if they are, i'm on Fox's side. Marvel GAVE them the rights, know why? Cause they went bankrupt and Fox/Sony saved them. But now that they have Disney bucks, they want them back? Pfft. Why would Fox give up a franchise that literally makes more money with each installment??

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Disney has ruined MARVEL COMICS. Fact.

Marvel sold those rights to Fox. Now they want to force them back. That's not cool. And the thought that everything that Marvel studios dishes out in theaters is gold, is pure bs.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If this has something to do with the movies.
If this has something to do with the movies.

It would make no sense.

Merchandising is bigger that box office.

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

That kind of stuff will be back on the shelves again in no time.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And yet, Dr. Doom and the FF are central to the current Secret Wars event. And Scott Summers is once again the Phoenix.

I also only know, even on this site, about 6 people who still even like the FF. X-Men are fine, but it seems no one cares about them since Logan died.

Not reading it but I'm betting when you say central it's central as in plot device and the main focus as point of view characters are not from the X-Men franchise.

Impervious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

-_-

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#36  Edited By GraniteSoldier

@dextersinister: I'd *SPOILER* block the following but I'm on my phone:

Well, Doom is the 'God' of Battleworld. He has an army of Thors at his beck and call. He somehow stopped the multiverse from being erased by the Beyonders and created this Battlworld (at least, that's what we are led to believe thus far). He took Sue as his wife, and her and Reed's kids believe they are Sue and Doom's kids.

Reed on the other hand saved a small group of Marvel heroes (Star Lord, Black Panther, Spider-Man, Captain Marvel) from the destruction of the 616/1610 universes and although they haven't yet arrived on Battleworld are likely to be integral to the story that is going to play out there. Oh, and Thanos is angry it seems. Very angry. Ult Reed Richards looks like he'll be a big part of this too.

So it doesn't seem like Marvel has given up on it's First Family despite not having the movie rights. X-Men I can't comment on, but the title that was simply 'X-Men' with the all-female team was really good. I had to cut it and a few other titles due to budget constraints though, and I haven't followed the X-Men since. I only like a handful of X-Characters like Psylocke.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d945143d79a
deactivated-59d945143d79a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rpgesus said:

Yes the books that have some of the greatest runs at Marvel are the worst ever.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

I'm not overly invested into F4/X-Men toys or even comics. There is only a few X-Men I like and most of them are side characters who rarely are in the spotlight. I have little to no interest in F4 comics (I've been trying to read Lee's run at some point but I'm too busy lately).

All that being said, it is getting a little pathetic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93: I'll ask you one more time, do you seriously think marvel is intentionally trying to lose money out of spite. You do realize that marvel isn't a ten year old saying "if I can't play with my toys no one can". Right?

That's what you'd think, right? But Marvel's been ackin' cray cray for a minute now, and I don't know what else to think.

SuperAdam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thank goodness. Now if Marvel would just cancel the rest of their line. Except Spider-Gwen. She's cool. She's the only Marvel Comic I read.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thank goodness. Now if Marvel would just cancel the rest of their line. Except Spider-Gwen. She's cool. She's the only Marvel Comic I read.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for dathomiesilversurfer
DatHomieSilverSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not overly invested into F4/X-Men toys or even comics. There is only a few X-Men I like and most of them are side characters who rarely are in the spotlight. I have little to no interest in F4 comics (I've been trying to read Lee's run at some point but I'm too busy lately).

read Hickmans run, if anything. I've read every F4 issue, and that run is most likely to resonate with someone who isn't already attached to the property.

poeticwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They took yer toys.

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rpgesus:

There are many, but you only need to know Claremont's Uncanny X-Men -- the best superhero run of all time(fact).

The best X and F4 comics put other super hero properties to shame.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

@fallschirmjager said:

read Hickmans run, if anything. I've read every F4 issue, and that run is most likely to resonate with someone who isn't already attached to the property.

Thanks for the suggestion but I'll have to pass. I don't like Hickman's writing at all.

SuperAdam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By SuperAdam

Marvel is going to be releasing a comicbook called "The Quirky Quartet" I called it! When it happens I get bragging rights!

Avatar image for deactivated-59d945143d79a
deactivated-59d945143d79a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rpgesus:

For FF: the Lee/Kirby run, Byrne's run, and Hickman's run.

X-Men: Claremont's run