• 138 results
#101 Posted by Chaos Prime (10857 posts) - - Show Bio

@chaos_prime: Same here I'm really enjoying the Horus Heresy and that one will be in my hands when it comes out,

Quick question do you listen any warhammer fantasy or even warhammer 40k podcast at all ?

No, are there any good ones i should listen to?

@doomdoomdoom Great stuff there with those Skavens :)

#102 Posted by DoomDoomDoom (4249 posts) - - Show Bio

http://4thcompanyultra.blogspot.com/2012/11/expand-your-warhammer-knowledge.html. found a good list of them when this thread first went up but I've yet to try one.

#103 Posted by ShadowSwordmaster (15475 posts) - - Show Bio

@chaos_prime: There is a good Horus Heresy call After Ullanor which goes through each of the books in detail they just did Decsent of Angels.Then Garagehammer is a pretty cool warhammer one and the Bad Dice podcast are pretty one for 40k.

#104 Posted by MaccyD (4486 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish there was some/a hero novel about some of the slann. Even a legends (that's history/past WH novels, right?) novel would do. I feel there's so much potential with their view of the world and powers for a novel.

#105 Posted by Chaos Prime (10857 posts) - - Show Bio
#106 Posted by ShadowSwordmaster (15475 posts) - - Show Bio

@chaos_prime: I'm using my phone right now if you type them into google they should the first links that show up.

#107 Edited by Chaos Prime (10857 posts) - - Show Bio
#108 Posted by DoomDoomDoom (4249 posts) - - Show Bio

@chaos_prime: sorry was on a tablet and couldn't link, every link I try to make takes to a blank blog page on that site I'll copy and past it.

Bad Dice. The best Warhammer podcast. Period. Ben also has a daily show, which is insane. The regular show co-hosts Mark and Gareth are awesome. Some great tactics and rules discussions.

Garagehammer. Best overall American cast, imo. Good mix of casual and tournament. I like the long episodes. Spans tournaments, hobby progression, as well as campaigns and large scale battle reports.

Pointhammered. Better than Garagehammer as far as tournament performance experience and specific hobby chat, if that is what you're looking for. Can be very crude, but it's alright with me.

Skull Bros Awesome. My favorite new podcast. Rising Star. Also very crude, haha.

Ohiohammer. Andrew is another work horse for podcasting. Lots of different episode types.

The Black Sun. Another very tournament focused cast from the UK, but also very crude.

Wisco Dice. Another Midwest podcast. Solid hobby balance with frequent tournament reports.

Painting Tabled. Hobby focused cast, with some tournament reporting when they go.

Canhammer. Another international cast. Chris is a good tournament player and the cast reflects that.

6 Dice Monkeys. Newer cast, haven't listened much other than their good VC review.

Bull City Wargaming. South East US cast. Need to listen more.

Chumphammer. Literally just downloaded for the first time. Will listen more.

And more I have been turned on to via Twitter:

Dwellers Below. Australian Warhammer. They probably play Warhammer upside down (I haven't listened yet).

Tale of 4 Geeks. Another new podcast in my list.

Westcoast Hammertime. Was told to check them out. So I will.

Noobhammer. Another new cast. Will check it out.

taken from http://4thcompanyultra.blogspot.com/

#109 Edited by Chaos Prime (10857 posts) - - Show Bio

@doomdoomdoom Thxs for that will start checking a few out now :)

#110 Edited by DoomDoomDoom (4249 posts) - - Show Bio

I would love to make a Beastmen army. Anybody using them?

#111 Posted by ShadowSwordmaster (15475 posts) - - Show Bio
#112 Posted by Dragonborn_CT (23180 posts) - - Show Bio

I am so happy to see this thread still active ;)

#113 Posted by Chaos Prime (10857 posts) - - Show Bio
#114 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33882 posts) - - Show Bio
#115 Posted by DoomDoomDoom (4249 posts) - - Show Bio

@chaos_prime: Had time to check out any of the Warhammer podcasts yet?

#116 Posted by Chaos Prime (10857 posts) - - Show Bio

@chaos_prime: Had time to check out any of the Warhammer podcasts yet?

Not at the mo been too busy but will get round to it sunday :)

#117 Edited by Strider92 (16720 posts) - - Show Bio
#118 Posted by ShadowSwordmaster (15475 posts) - - Show Bio
#119 Posted by Tenebrous_Guile (311 posts) - - Show Bio

@shadowswordmaster: @doomdoomdoom: @jonny_anonymous: @chaos_prime: @dragonborn_ct: Big news! GW just announced the return of Nagash!!!

The Warhammer world is gonna get very dark real soon.

Nagash: The End Times

Coinciding with some tabletop stuff right?

Also have you heard that Creative Assembly, makers of the Total War series, are making a Warhammer Fantasy game?

It'll be like Dark Omen all over again! (Only vastly more hard drive melting).

#120 Posted by ShadowSwordmaster (15475 posts) - - Show Bio

@tenebrous_guile: That what it seems and I have heard about that too actually a while back.I hope it's total war style game but I'm not sure.

#121 Posted by Tenebrous_Guile (311 posts) - - Show Bio

@tenebrous_guile: That what it seems and I have heard about that too actually a while back.I hope it's total war style game but I'm not sure.

They're using the same engine they used in Rome 2 so it's unlikely to not be a total war style game.

#122 Edited by ShadowSwordmaster (15475 posts) - - Show Bio
#123 Posted by Tenebrous_Guile (311 posts) - - Show Bio

If Nagash doesn't have army facerolling level stats I'll be disappointed.

#124 Posted by ShadowSwordmaster (15475 posts) - - Show Bio

@tenebrous_guile: I have only heard rumors about the stats but all I know that it's going to be a high cost .

#125 Posted by Strider92 (16720 posts) - - Show Bio

@shadowswordmaster: @tenebrous_guile: Either of you guys got any feats for Nagash? was thinking of making a battle thread but I can't for the life of me remember what his power limit was in his prime. Wasn't he continent level threat?

#126 Edited by ShadowSwordmaster (15475 posts) - - Show Bio

@strider92: He was and he also a powerful necromancer , pretty much the father of necromancy but that is what I know at the top of my head.

#127 Posted by Tenebrous_Guile (311 posts) - - Show Bio

@shadowswordmaster: @tenebrous_guile: Either of you guys got any feats for Nagash? was thinking of making a battle thread but I can't for the life of me remember what his power limit was in his prime. Wasn't he continent level threat?

If I'm not wrong, he's solely responsible for the curse on Nehekera, reducing once fertile landscape to a sterile desert and ensuring that the dead of that land never know true rest. He was also capable of standing against the whole of the Skaven under-empire throwing itself against him.

#128 Posted by Xaos (497 posts) - - Show Bio

@strider92 said:

If I'm not wrong, he's solely responsible for the curse on Nehekera, reducing once fertile landscape to a sterile desert and ensuring that the dead of that land never know true rest. He was also capable of standing against the whole of the Skaven under-empire throwing itself against him.

And, as said before, he created the curse of vampirism in the Warhammer universe.

#129 Posted by DoomDoomDoom (4249 posts) - - Show Bio

@tenebrous_guile: A Warhammer Fantasy game that's combat on a large scale would be awesome. Please gawd let Skaven be an army.

#130 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33882 posts) - - Show Bio

I always love necromancers!

#131 Posted by ShadowSwordmaster (15475 posts) - - Show Bio
#132 Posted by Dragonborn_CT (23180 posts) - - Show Bio
#133 Posted by ShadowSwordmaster (15475 posts) - - Show Bio

@dragonborn_ct: There are some interesting fluff in the Endtimes Nagash , which us the first in a series .I have learned that it's Nagash , Chaos , Skaven and the Elves .

#134 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (33882 posts) - - Show Bio

@shadowswordmaster: I think this is my time to fully jump in to the Warhammer Fantasy fluff, I want to read about giant Death Popes lol

#135 Posted by ShadowSwordmaster (15475 posts) - - Show Bio
#136 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33882 posts) - - Show Bio
#137 Posted by ShadowSwordmaster (15475 posts) - - Show Bio
#138 Posted by ShadowSwordmaster (15475 posts) - - Show Bio
#139 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33882 posts) - - Show Bio
#140 Posted by ShadowSwordmaster (15475 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: Yeah even from what I read in Return of Nagash , they seemed to going all out.