Official Dragon Ball Universe Info

JuzaCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Seeing how people don't like doing their own quick research and going by false second hand information, some do this on purpose, while others we can chalk it up to being lazy. Here is the official information on the size of the dragon ball universe given by Akira Toriyama. As you will read Toriyama based the universe from what we know and speculate with our real universe. Difference is Dragon ball universe IS an ever expanding universe, while we only speculate if ours is infinitely spanning beyond our observable universe.

Off Topic Rant: This in itself explains why there must be gods of destruction. As well as beerus being as powerful as he is, universal level mind you. being on planet, solar system, or galaxy level would be insufficient power to keep balance in a ever expanding universe. His job would take too long to keep up with if he was at such low levels.

"The universe continues to expand beyond human comprehension"

Chozenshuu 1

The Living World

The Living World is also called the Present World. To be frank, it means the vast universe. This universe is divided into four galaxies

Incidentally, Earth, where Son Goku and his friends live, exists in the North Galaxy. The North Galaxy seems to have some of the most beautiful planets.

The Universe

The endless, expansive space wrapped around every celestial body that exists in the Living World. Along with the "Demon Realm," it is a single, large world in the Living World. In the world of Dragon Ball, the universe is located beneath the World Beyond, and it is hermetically sealed by a barrier that is engraved with a strange design. Within the universe, there are "nebulae" composed of innumerable stars, and there are "galaxies" composed of innumerable nebulae. There is a ruling Kami for each galaxy. Earth resides in the Solar System, a galactic nebula on the outskirts of the North Galaxy.

Galaxy

A gathering of local planets in the universe. Planets gather and form a nebula, and beyond that, a collection of gathered nebulae is called a galaxy. The four Kaiou who rule over the east, west, south, and north [sections] of the universe actually govern these galaxies. Because the Kami in the Heavenly Realm and the Kaiou supervise the galaxies that exist infinitely in all the universe, the sections known as the East, West, South, and North Galaxies are denominations that came into use through their duty.

Avatar image for josteinfleurme65
Josteinfleurme65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Josteinfleurme65
Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Cool.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

JuzaCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is good to know. I was getting tired of seening all the threads saying it was small.

Ryokuma100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for majinblackheart
MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#11 MajinBlackheart  Moderator

So you don't want people to get second hand information, yet provide no sources?

Avatar image for midnightdragon18
midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MajinBlackheart  Moderator

@midnightdragon18: I know. The only one so far that has been officially translated, right? So why not post scans?

TheMan44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juzacloud:

Doesn't that technically make Beerus power infinite.

JuzaCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jloneblackheart: post scans of what? The universe that toriyama made and everybody has seen a million times?

I get the feeling you're about to ask for something unreasonable like a picture of every single galaxy, while ignoring official word and the universe globe pic we already have.

If that's the case then don't even bother to continue discussing this with me. I don't entertain people who think their word/opinion is over the creators.

Peace

MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MajinBlackheart  Moderator

@juzacloud: I wasn't going to ask the slightest. You made this thread to inform people, but provide no actual source or offer any credibility on your knowledge of the subject. It's no different than everything already out there.

My biggest problem with all the daizenshuu info is it was never translated officially (except the first book). So when people post info from it, I have a hard time believing it. It's the old language barrier.

If you don't have scans or sources, at least provide some type of information as to why you are a credible reference on the subject, not something that could very well just be copy/paste from the Internet.

I'd love to know the info from the source books, but I have a hard time believing every random Internet dude speaks and reads Japanese. Obviously, the first volume was translated. Say so.

As for the creators word, I'm on board provided the content of the material is within the boundaries of the statement. I tend to see narrator and character statements dismissed for American comics when said character has never shown the ability, but Manga (specifically DragonBall) having character statements be considered the word of God despite not showing said ability.