Off THEIR Minds: What Comic Character Should be in a Movie?

lagoonman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#201  Edited By lagoonman

-Aquaman 
 -Wonder Woman 
 -Flash 
-Zatanna 
-Green Arrow 
-Captain Marvel 
-Plastic Man 
-Metal Men 
-Swamp Thing 
-Hawkman
-Animal Man 
-Shadowpact 
-Teen Titans 
-Sandman 
-Phantom Stranger 
-Ronin 
-Luke Cage 
-Iron Fist 

jubilator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#202  Edited By jubilator

Wonder woman. please lord do it right.

Feliciano2040

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#203  Edited By Feliciano2040

Joe Quesada saying dumb crap, who would've thought ?

stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204  Edited By stumpy49er

Gambit  (done better/ in his own movie)
Mr. Sinister
Apocalypse
Sauron
Omega Red 
Green Arrow 
Flash 
Firestorm
Killer Crock
Riddler (done right)
Harley Quinn

GraveSp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#205  Edited By GraveSp

Grendel.  I think he would make a great neo-noir gangster movie

SuperZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#206  Edited By SuperZero

Invincible and Atomic Robo rightfully deserve a big screen movie. Grifter might make a nice flick too.

fbdarkangel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#207  Edited By fbdarkangel

X-23! 

No Caption Provided
WobblySnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By WobblySnake

I think Hush would be a real interesting villain to be in a Batman movie and he'd be pretty easy to pull off. Just a guy in a trenchcoat and face bandages.

Nightwing would be pretty awesome, perhaps a sequel to a Batman and Robin movie done right.

Also: Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool, but done right. I think Ryan reynolds would do a great Deadpool, he's funny and if he's willing to look a little mutilated he could really pull Wade off. And the potential for a Deadpool movie is huge! Deadpool's got humour, action and can be pretty emotional when he needs to be. Also, he's got a pretty interesting origin / backstory; not too many action movie protaginists have cancer and / or are butt-ugly. Maybe even a Hugh Jackman Wolverine cameo! Oh, the possibilities!!

Musedp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By Musedp
@trinity_stormbreaker: OMG YES!! couldn't agree with you more, on every point you just made..especially seeing the scarlet witch on screen..maybe if we hassle marvel studios enough they'll do it?! aha
Avatar image for the_velvet_rabbit
The Velvet Rabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@bakafish007 said:
Really? nobody suggested Transmetropolitan? Patrick Stewart has wanted to be Spider Jerusalem since the comic first published. Hell, Warren Ellis wants Captain Jean-Luc Picard to be the main character! sigh. Also, Runaways would be a good possibility
I always heard that, but I never really thought Patrick Stewart would make a very good Spider (not 'Gonzo'-ey enough, I guess....).   maybe somebody more along the lines of John Malkovich with a little more grit, Stewart's style is just a little too clean-cut.   me, I'm still holding out for a Wonder Woman movie that will never exist.   oh well - a person can dream....
Avatar image for christopherwalken
christopherwalken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Robin (Jason Todd). 

And they ought to kill him again. 

Avatar image for greencrapweasel
greencrapweasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#212  Edited By greencrapweasel
  • Teen Titans!!!!!!!! 
    Avengers Academy!!!! 
    Deathstroke 
    Ravager/Rose Wilson 
    Superboy 
    Kid Flash 
    Moon Knight 
    Venom/Flash Gordan
    Flashpoint 
    The Flash 
    Nightwing 
    Superman & Batman 
    Hawkeye 
    Roy Harper 
     (in no specific order......except for teen titans cause they be awesome)
Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#213  Edited By Captain13

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
xybernauts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By xybernauts
@TheAvenger802 said:
Black Panther, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, A new and better Blade, and Hawkeye
What he said minus Hawkeye.  

Add Doctor Strange, Spawn (done right). 
sonofchaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By sonofchaos

ENOUGH with the origin's stories.  Sum it up at the begining of the movie and STOP with the original story lines made for the masses.  There are AMAZING stories that have already been written and can start from scratch without getting into origins or dumbing it town for the masses.  I want to see actual runs from recent comic book story lines like:

X-Force - Series 3 - Purifiers Story line ala horror film style OR 4th Series current run is amazing visually and story telling. 

Batwoman - Detective Comics story line 

Blackest Night/Green Lantern - Do a 3-part triology 

Deadpool -  Secret Invasion

Avatar image for gambitsprincess
gambitsprincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By gambitsprincess

gambit and the young avengers
the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

I heard it was in the works, but "Y the last man" would be an amazing movie or tv series 

Skyfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By Skyfire

Sentry

gavinsanity254

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By gavinsanity254

Fairuza Balk as Harley Quinn, anyone?

J1ml33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#220  Edited By J1ml33

an re-vamped animated series  true to the spirit of what makes this comic great and always interesting to read (well to me and other people who read it )Savage Dragon (as Directed/Produced by Bruce Timm  and Written by the creator himself Erik Larsen, also with co-writing/Co-Plotting assists by Paul Dinni ) and to have it produced/ Animated  by Gainax Studios studios / Madman Entertainment and animated true to the arts tyle of the comic  and with better voice actors (but keep jim cummings as the voice of dragon )and to add a little bit more cowbell have Malcolm McDowell do the voice of Overlord (hey His perfect for the role in his own right ,he voiced Metallo in superman:the animated series and he was the star of a clockwork orange so he`s a perfect it to be in the new animated series (I wish would get made ,hey the first 26 episodes of it on DVD would make me a happy man ) but The New show in my opinion should be just as over the top and as mature as the Comic creator Erik Larsen as intend . but if was to ever get made and it was to air on TV  I think it would do well on Adult Swim but Even better on places like HBO or IFC  . ( just  a thought for any producer from either of these networks reading ) 
anyways I would love to see the saga of the Savage Dragon/ Emperor Kurr  from his wild and crazy beginnings as his time as a Chicago Cop to his Time as a Bounty Hunter then as a Government Operative  .....Many many other things that I have enjoyed over years of up on till his recent  untimely death (and return kind of ..!) anyways if anyone is Willing to Make two animated Hellboy Movies and the Amazing Screw on Head  (my favorite Mignola adapted story by the way ) then I think Savage Dragon could do well giving it a little of the Hellboy Treatment .then anything is possible ( Also I hope someone makes a Savage Dragon/Hellboy animated crossover movie or if they could make this would be Savage Dragon series that is just a flight of fancy in my mind right now ..but they could /do a three part episode  crossover  but done in the Mike Mignola`s Art style for Hellboy  and Dragon in Erik Larsen`s  to make it very  interesting to watch ...but yes there should be a re-vamp of the Savage Dragon :the animated series ) but for now it`s just a little fantasy to indulge in watching the Original 90s Series produced by universal on Youtube . ( but in a better world that better animated series already exist and is probably is going on it`s 92 season and out selling stuff that Big Two have been doing for years but that is what I think as I ramble on ..) 
so Re-Vamp Savage Dragon :the animated series  (as animated in the style of Erik Larsen`s Art style with bit`s of Bruce Timm thrown in for Good Measure ) 

No Caption Provided

also I think That their should be a Daredevil animated series Produced by Marvel Studios (co-plotted /Animated by Bruce Timm and Written/Co-Plotted by Paul Dini ) and have them basically do everything (or almost everything that Made Batman the Animated series Great just Apply that to Daredevil and His Rogues Gallery (and also Maybe Adapted as much of his Better Stories (the Frank Miller run )+Born Again  and his earlier Adventures where he was more of a Swashbuckler and was Silver Age Happy Go Lucky  kinda guy  (the stan Lee ,Everett ,Romita ,Colan Era /Run ) With post Miller stories from the 80s and 90s to round everything off and to top it all off have Daredevil /Matt Murdock Voiced by Christian Bale , Elektra voiced by Sasha Grey , Kingpin voiced by Michael Clark Duncan and Bullseye voiced by Collin Farrell . and Foggy Nelsen should be voiced by John Favreau , Ben Urich by Joe Pantolino , Stick voiced by Terence Stamp , Turk as voiced by Coolio  , Gladiator as voiced by Vinny Jones , Mr Fear as voiced by Cillian Murphy   ,Budo Henry ''TNT Kenkoy as voiced by Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa , John Garrett as voiced by Brad Garrett (of Lobo fame and everybody loves Raymond)  and round this fantasy casting off  John De Lancie should Voice the Owl (as one of the lead villains  from daredevil`s rogues gallery )and I find the owl to be worthy of titled arch Nemesis of the lead , so marvel/Disney if your reading this please give it the time of day just make a Dark ,Moody ,mature animated series of Daredevil (and give it the care you would if you was producing an X-Men ,Spider-Man ,avengers (what your doing right now ) but let Bruce timm and Dini give it life and make everything that defines Daredevil as one of the great Marvel characters and amplify that by 1000 + (you can do it marvel ) just think ...Daredevil :the animated series ( the perfect show for die-hard fans of the book and others who would want to enjoy a action packed  late night noir show ( anything above a PG-13 more like an R animated series for HBO or Adult Swim )and also with black widow too (she should be voiced by Scarlett Johansson ) think of the Possibilities People ^_^ ?
Superhero Team-Up
Superhero Team-Up
SnowyMountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 9

#221  Edited By SnowyMountain

Quite frankly I don't think that any comic book character are really capable of transitioning themselves to the silver screen.  The writers often try to compact an entire storyline into a SINGLE movie and it's hard.  They have to try and simplify things and make things fit in a very short period of time usually about 2 hours.

For example, the Sam Raimi first Spider-Man movie was one of the better ones in how it had Peter Parker's origin and how he became a superhero in the first place, but there was also a bit rushed feel in how the Green Goblin got shoehorned into the thing in a duel to the death at the climax of the film.  I think that is how a lot of superhero movies fail, in that they have to try and introduce the audience to the character which usually details their secret origin and then try to work in the super villain.

On contrast, having the heroes in a TV series enables them to work in a longer and more intricate storyline.  Yet I've noticed that rarely happens and instead many times, they have to fit in a single story in one episode because they might lose their audience if they can't understand it and they usually have a 20-minute window (minus commercials) for an animated cartoon that has been 'kid-ified'.  

Young Justice Season 1
Young Justice Season 1
Not to mention that rarely do the TV series manage to match the big budget of a movie resulting in not as powerful special effects and the like.  Smallville was one of the better attempts I think; but I believe that the comic book companies should start looking at what Japan has been producing in anime; serious cartoons for adults.  In a lot of these anime series, they aren't afraid to have characters seriously hurt or even die, which is a big no-no for American cartoons.  One of the better TV series that I have seen recently has been the Young Justice TV series in which it feels more like a comic book than some of the other stuff that I've seen on TV with a much more serious feel to it.

Back in the day, they did have something like serial movies according to my dad where movie theaters would show a weekly serial feature which broke down a movie into 12 separate parts that you had to go see in order.  Of course, they can't do that these days with the insane movie prices and I believe our generation really lacks the attention span needed to do that.  That's why we are forced to deal with inferior movies and TV series and the like.
JBBuc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By JBBuc

#1 For me is Cassie Hack. I'm picturing Minka Kelly or (if it really needs to sell) Megan Fox. 

Other than that, I would like to see a Colossus for more than 5 minutes. 
There is always Luke Cage rumors. I'm not sure where that stands right now, but I want to see it happen. 
I'm a big Jennifer Kale fan. Maybe a spin of from a Dr. Strange series?  
Lastly, I would LOVE to see a Squadron Supreme movie.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223  Edited By Jnr6Lil

Justice League Unlimited, for live action movie

arcanineryu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By arcanineryu2

im still holding out for a freakazoid movie, but technically he's not a comic book character sooo...

the question.
creeper
deadpool
venom
plastic man or elongated man in an animated movie
flash- animated movie

CainPanell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225  Edited By CainPanell

HURRY UP WITH DEADPOOL!

YoungDoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226  Edited By YoungDoctor

Death's Head 

Abslom Daak 

Combat Colin
Avatar image for thunderxagent34
ThUnDeRxAgEnT34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227  Edited By ThUnDeRxAgEnT34

Nightwing 

Doomsday 

Teen Titans 

Static Shock 

Solomon Grundy 

Aquaman 

Blue Beetle

Avatar image for deactivated-5c97835f97617
deactivated-5c97835f97617

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

• Venom
  • Cable
  • Captain Mar-Vell
  • Hobgoblin
  • The Skrulls
  • Deadpool
  • Nova (Richard)
  • Silver Surfer
  • Carnage
  • Scarlet Spider
  • She Hulk
  • Luke Cage
  • Iron Fist
  • Black Cat
  • The Age of Apocalyse
  • Flash
  • Wonder Woman
  • Captain Britain
  • Red Hulk
  • Mandarin
labarith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By labarith

Better question:  What story arc would you like to see in a movie? 

I wonder if they could do an adults-only Marvel Zombies cartoon movie at some point.

SpidermanWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#231  Edited By SpidermanWins

Rocketeer should be made a movie.

progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By progenitorigin

The Sentry 
Namor 
Winter Soldier 
Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#233  Edited By Thunderscream
Sickenly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By Sickenly

I gotta say Invincible. That would be so freaking awesome!

ArachKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235  Edited By ArachKnight

Wonder Woman - Done right with all her god like powers - Ya know - Back to her Power Girl, Superman Ass Kick'n Self. I saw Thor in theaters and I was given new hope !!  

And who should play her- I no longer know but I do know your can find just about anyone in a wonder woman photoshop pic. 

I think Lucy Lawless or Linda Carter should play Hippolyta.  

I think the Film should have all sorts of Gods and Godesses - and I would perfer they were in Modern Dress like the Greg Rucka Series. 

I would have Ares be a Villian - and I would have him played by somone good looking like Paul Walker or Matt Damon.  

Since DC has not the Gonads to make such a movie 

I would like to see a Ms. Marvel movie.  

ArachKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236  Edited By ArachKnight
@Illuminatus

Aw JeeZus! no no no no. NO! Too Far!  

I would be a good super hero if I could just get out bed and quit being so crazy - OH! and I am only Kindof a blonde superman... 

Not sad that he is Dead-di-di -DEAD!
Major Canuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237  Edited By Major Canuck

Savage Dragon 

Pitt 

The death of Hellboy 

Super Dinosaur 

The Irredemmable storyline

Nexy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238  Edited By Nexy21

Ms. Marvel
Avatar image for grandmaster_fro
Grandmaster_Fro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239  Edited By Grandmaster_Fro

Deadpool 
Azrael 
Blue Beetle 
Moon Knight 
Deathstroke

undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240  Edited By undeadpool

As always, my answer to this remains "Taskmaster." Or Darkhawk, but at that point I may as well ask for a pony.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#241  Edited By Teerack

The Inhumans would be great. I'd also love to see Taskmaster.

EugeneSaxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242  Edited By EugeneSaxe

Plastic Man, w/ Jim Carrey or Paul Reubens.  And I STILL demand Superman vs Mr. Mxy/Bizarro.

Avatar image for fenixrevolution
fenixREVOLUTION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243  Edited By fenixREVOLUTION

A Doom Patrol movie, preferably Morrison or Giffen influenced would make me a happy man. Since that won't happen, The Question or Zatanna, still won't happen, but it's nice to want things.

RedHush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244  Edited By RedHush
Nuff Said
Nuff Said
kajitatsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245  Edited By kajitatsu

Loeb said Red Hulk, Surprise surprise. A Flash movie and maybe Shang Chi/Iron Fist wuld be interesting in my opinion!

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246  Edited By ssejllenrad

The original WildC.A.T.S.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#247  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt
@Danial79 said:

Moon Knight featuring Werewolf by Night.

other way around. 

@xander_cole said:

Batman sons!!!! 

I would like to see all of the wayne boys in a Batman film of Christopher Nolan  
No Caption Provided
those are truly the worst choices in the history of all bad bat choices....
BarelyAverage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248  Edited By BarelyAverage

Deadpool directed by Robert Rodriguez or Quentin Tarantino! Plus it has to be rated "R". NO PG-13 crap. 

That would truly be epic. It's time for them to get really serious about comic book movies and for them to stop making all of this family friendly garbage.

Leopaldon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249  Edited By Leopaldon
  • Heroes for Hire. I always imagine an awesome martial arts exploitation film with the good old team. 
  • Taskmaster. When I read Taskmaster's series made by Udon, I started to think of him as movie material.   
  • Runaways. Their story can be easily adapted into a movie.
goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250  Edited By goldenkey
@Teerack
These are the 2 I would pick.  I actually thought the Inhumans would make for a better show then a movie.  So much to work with.  After reading the Task Master mini from last year I thought it would make a great movie, but Im not how they could cut in the body parts of other hero's that showed the hero moves he's taken.  He's just so cool anyway, kinda cool to see that he's actually working the side of the angels he just doesn't know it.