Off THEIR Minds: How do Heroes Protect Loved Ones if They Die in Action?

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
Click To Unmute

Want us to remember this setting for all your devices?

Please use a html5 video capable browser to watch videos.
This video has an invalid file format.
00:00:00
Sorry, but you can't access this content!
Please enter your date of birth to view this video

By clicking 'enter', you agree to Comic Vine's
Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

iceslick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 83

User Lists: 0

I always wonder what would happened to the original supporting cast of Ultimate Spider-Man after Peter Parker died. But nothing ever happened to them, they just suddenly disappeared to obscurity and reappeared as little guest stars. :-(

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

I imagine that when you're dead you don't stress all that much...
I've never been dead though so who knows.

Bloxxeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Don't die.

scouts1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

Kelevra216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

What's with the sad emotion-inducing music?!

I'm with Rucka's idea. The equivalent of the best friend watching over the hero's SO, then as time passes by they fall in love, then obviously dead superhero comes back to life and goes "WTH?! not cool." Boom! "2001 Pearl Harbor-Movied"

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iceslick: Aunt May and Gwen has the huge Funeral to attend to and then were taken care by Tony Stark who relocated them to France. Mary Jane was left to fend for herself :/

I like how they did it in Ultimate Spider Man.

Nick Fury made sure SHIELD would always be nearby the Parker Family, while Tony paid for all expenses and relocating the Family. That was brilliant way if any way of handling that scenario.

Paracelsus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm-given that most "out" superheroes(such as the Fantastic Four) are probably ineligible for insurance due to their high risks(like law enforcement officers, members of the military/emergency services), it may very well be that having their own private arrangements is the best idea-not that most heroes have wives and children anyway( except Reed and Sue Richards of the Fantastic Four)!

iceslick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 83

#10  Edited By iceslick

@cadencev2: I knew all that, I read all of those Ultimate Spider-Man issues. I'm a big fan of the series. I was just pretty disappointed that nothing ever happened to them. It's like they were all forgotten after they moved to Paris while MJ was left by herself. I was kind of wanted them to be more involved with Miles Morales and his friends. I know they did eventually but they will always disappear all the time. It's like no cared about the supporting characters. I don't think they realize that there's always an interest for supporting characters not just the main ones.

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 17

That music!

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iceslick: True, they had there own little views when Petes comic was going and had face time doing there own thing. In Miles book they only show up when he has a personnel crisis.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

I didnt know how Matt Fraction looks like......i thought of him,like a small chubby bald mid aged man.....God,am i wrong.

@iceslick said:

@cadencev2: I knew all that, I read all of those Ultimate Spider-Man issues. I'm a big fan of the series. I was just pretty disappointed that nothing ever happened to them. It's like they were all forgotten after they moved to Paris while MJ was left by herself. I was kind of wanted them to be more involved with Miles Morales and his friends. I know they did eventually but they will always disappear all the time. It's like no cared about the supporting characters. I don't think they realize that there's always an interest for supporting characters not just the main ones.

They are preety present in the series,but they couldnt do more than they\ve already done.....ok,Peter was THE Spider-Man,but MIles is Spider-Man now,and that has nothing to do with Aunt May,or Gwen,or MJ......

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Pokergeist

@punyparker: I think they need Gwen and Stacy, ect in there. Becuase we as a audience have a attachment to them, Miles has no family or friends to fill the role (Uncles was bad guy and dead, Mother is dead, father is such a unlikable retarded character, Gengi kid is flat out a annoying BF) and unlike Gwen or MJ who are threaten by Spider Man foes, Miles has no one. He is kinda Dull with his kid problems.

The only real cast member that they should developed more is Spider Woman.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: I think they need Gwen and Stacy, ect in there. Becuase we as a audience have a attachment to them, Miles has no family or friends to fill the role (Uncles was bad guy and dead, Mother is dead, father is such a unlikable retarded character, Gengi kid is flat out a annoying BF) and unlike Gwen or MJ who are threaten by Spider Man foes, Miles has no one. He is kinda Dull with his kid problems.

Yeah yeah yeah,we agree......but see it from a storytelling perspective.....what desire have both Gwen and May to be attached to the "New Spider-Man" when her beloved person,Peter Parker was Spider-Man in the first plave,and died.......i cant even imagine the phsycological stress May is dealing with every day,after both Peter and Ben died in less than 2 years......
I thank Bendis for even fitting them in every issue....and yeah,the supporting cast of Miles is annoying,but i cant blame Bendis......you have to antagonise with supp.cast like Aunt May,Mary Jane,Gwen etc. The best supporting cast in comic book history,and more.....it's tough.

And because i lost track of the book 3 months now,what new on the Mary Jane front...she seems dissapeared...

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: Last book I read with Mary Jane was after the Venom thing. We have Gwen Stacy trying to convince Miles to be Spider Ma again, then that is it. It tried focusing on this new cloak and dagger that no one gives 2 craps about lol.

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

They should clone themselves, duh! Maybe fax a body over the Gantz network to an empty apartment. Maybe don't let X-23 watch over the Jean Grey School.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: Last book I read with Mary Jane was after the Venom thing. We have Gwen Stacy trying to convince Miles to be Spider Ma again, then that is it. It tried focusing on this new cloak and dagger that no one gives 2 craps about lol.

From my understanding,last 2-3 pre-event issues, kinda suck,and now we have Cataclysm on our noses......let's see.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because the villians wouldnt attack them, They dont need protection because the heroes wouldn t fell nothing so it has no point

GrenadeFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm guessing you haven't read the last 10 issues

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

anurag_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A hero dying is sad. Very sad.

And if it's Spidey, it is sadder than anything else.

RageTH22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers