NYCC 2012: Marvel NOW! All-New X-Men Panel Recap

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

The X-Men are invading Marvel NOW! with a slew of brand new titles. Some of Marvel's A-listers, including Mark Waid, Rick Remender, Jason Aaron and Peter David, took to the stage to share some details about their upcoming titles.

No Caption Provided

ALL NEW-XMEN will feature the classic X-Men roster traveling to the present (or in their case, the future) and it isn't what they expected at all. Senior Editor Nick Lowe described the comic as "a huge, huge story in the works for years."

Already on the shelves, Rick Remender shared a bit about his latest title, UNCANNY AVENGERS. Speaking about Captain America, Rick says the Avenger feels the need to step up to the plate after Xavier's death and prove to humanity that not all mutants should be feared. Regarding the Red Skull's plot, Remender added it'll be a "bad, bad problem for the Marvel universe" and won't be resolved any time soon.

No Caption Provided

Fortunately, CABLE & X-FORCE sounds quite awesome. Writer Dennis Hopeless described the title as "taking all of the cool, badass '90s X-Force stuff." Cable is now cured of the T-O Virus and the team is on the run from the Uncanny Avengers. It was also added that Hope would be a regular in the title.

Cable's team isn't the only X-Force in the Marvel U, though. Psylocke will lead the team (consisting of a "female Fantomex" and Bishop serving as the villain) and Nick Lowe said the best way to describe the title would be "If David Lynch directed a James Bond movie."

Speaking of X-Force, Remender also shared a few remarks about UNCANNY X-FORCE... which is sadly coming to an end. "It's like getting divorced in a really great marriage. Don't buy the new series! Only remember mine!" he joked. He also assured that there's still a lot of surprises left before the series ends with issue #35. So while it's sad to see it go, it's great to hear there's plenty of twists to come.

No Caption Provided

As expected, Wolverine will appear in quite a few titles. However, his new title will be SAVAGE WOLVERINE. The runt will scout the Savage Land and it was swiftly summarized as "babes, brawls and brachiosaurs." Meanwhile, Wolverine's Uncanny X-Force teammate and longtime thorn in his side, Deadpool, is going to have his hands full with slaying zombie Presidents. When asked about a potential team-up with Cable, co-writer Gerry Duggan casually responded "stay tuned." Also, while this first story looks hilarious, Duggan hinted at the title eventually getting into darker territory.

No Caption Provided

As for X-FACTOR, Peter David promised that issue #245 will make you reach a point where you'll mutter "wait... WHAT?!" He joked that Marvel loves to tease big events well in advance (so true), but he says there's a moment or two thrown in there that'll completely shock you and make you wonder why Marvel didn't hype it up for months in advance. Pip fans, you be happy to know an entire issue will focus on the Troll.

Just like many others, I was wondering why Punisher was selected for the new THUNDERBOLTS team. After all, Frank isn't really known for getting along with others. Well, Editor Axel Alonso says all shall be addressed in the very first issue.

Viners, what title are you looking forward to the most?

Avatar image for sweetesttoaster
sweetesttoaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By sweetesttoaster

I am so excited for All New X-Men. Bendis and Immonen is one hell of a team, so I have no doubt that that series is going to be great. Also, Deadpool looks awesome. Looks like it'll be tons of fun to read.

Bitchgurl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Bitchgurl

REALLY loved X-Force, and hate to see it end-esp.since it doesn't NEED to.

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

I am looking forward to some of these X-men titles

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SmashBrawler

@Bitchgurl said:

My thoughts exactly.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By Mercy_

Hmmmm. Interested to see how Hope is handled

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Nice work Katz, not really interested in these books though.

Smurfboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Smurfboy

Very interested in Wolverine new ongoing series. I am tempted to buy All-new X-Men. I probably will buy the first issue to see how it goes. If it's really good, then I'll be supporting it. :) Any news about Gambit, though? I bought entire comic books (#1-3 issues) of recently Gambit new series and loved it thus far. Looking forward to buy more issues from him.

**Comic books rule!!!**

whiteknight67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By whiteknight67

I get laughed at work everyday because I am a comic lover...they just don't understand. Wolverine will be awesome and Deadpool as well. Those people just don't understand. Why read your people magazine Sarah, read some comics, great stories and awesome art most of the time.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#9  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

lookin forward to all new xmen

ShockTrooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ShockTrooper

MatKrenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 255

#11  Edited By MatKrenz

Always looking forward to X-Factor.

PAD FOREVER !!!!!11!1!1!

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#12  Edited By McKlayn

@Smurfboy: Gambit is still going on, no changes in writers or numbering or anything. It, Hawkeye, Winter Soldier, Daredevil i think, were all unaffected by Marvel now (a few others too i believe)

And yea I am really Excited about the new X-force's and ANXM, I think legacy will be a unique read too with Legion as main character, what i REALLY want to know is what are the plans for Astonishing X-men and X-men, i havent heard anything but it's apparent their teams will have to be shook up some

MisterKetch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MisterKetch

All new xmen looks great, a lot of potential there and suddenly im really excited for cable and xforce. I've been reading AvX and a few tie ins but is the other X force team there talking about going to be another new comic or is already going?

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Awesome k4tz! Also, did you get my PM?

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Eternal19

"Babes, Brawls, and Brachiosaurs" really?

EnSabahNurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By EnSabahNurX

SO happy cable's arm isn't actually that long, it's probably to help compensate for his atrophied arm that's been kickin under the TO virus for decades. Because if that mechanical arm was literally his entire arm I would have been ridiculous lol Thor sounds really cool but I am at maxed capacity on my comics budget and am actually cutting back. I guess i might get it in trade if i hear good things.

Avatar image for baberaham_lincoln
Baberaham_Lincoln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Gonna get all Marvel NOW #1s... but best one's imo are All new X-men, Uncanny Avengers, Cap America (remender mainly), Thor, Cable and X-force, Iron Man, Hulk and AVENGERS!!! (looking forward to this the most)

zackattack529

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By zackattack529

@ShockTrooper said:

.....yaa im going to go with Cable and the X-force better aha

lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#19  Edited By lorex

Both the X-Force titles look interesting and I will be getting them. Savage Wolverine, that title seems to imply this book will be going against the grain of the way Wolverine is being portrayed as of late. Reciently he has become a respectable leader, teacher and member of the Avengers. To make him more savage to me it would seem he would need to lessen some of those qualities. Of course if could just be a title as well. I am dubious about All New X-Men but will try it out. I hope they don't make Jean the main character to appese the people pining to have the real one come back. Deadpool meh.

cuddles666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By cuddles666

@k4tzm4n said:

T-Bolts. Punisher and Deadpool on the same team? Shut up and take my money!

hyenascar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21  Edited By hyenascar

Deadpool, xfactor, and both xforces are cool, but what about the real x-men titles. All new x-men definitely does not count. I want to hear what is going on in the x-men.

kid Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By kid Apollo

wait... theres Pip fans?

on a more serious note i wasnt too sure of the uncanny xforce squad but seeing that cover may have sway me just a little bit, sooooooo looking forward to cable's crew of xforce!

whatre the chances that the female Fantomex is really E.V.A.s new look?

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Even though Indestructible Hulk is all I'm getting for NOW (pun maybe intended?) I have to say that these titles are really intriguing me. Especially All New X-Men. I so love that cover. Cable an X Force, truly awesome. Savage Wolverine...AMAZING. Deadpool sweet. And Uncanny X-Force, wonderful!

You_Got_Thored

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By You_Got_Thored

deadpool now

GREGalicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By GREGalicious

My #1 is the All-New X-Men. Im interested in seeing young JEAN's reaction to how the future (and her future) has turned out and how she'll most likely try to change it.

Cable and X-Force looks good as well and a strong third for Uncanny X-Force.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#26  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Cable & X-Force is the only one that interests me 

SolthesunGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27  Edited By SolthesunGod

You left out Peter David's announcment for the Hell on Earth War. Apparently he's been buliding it for 15 years but he's only been on X-Factor for 7 years. Could we maybe get an article about the threads that have been building in the other books? It could be helpful for readers to jump on during that storyline which apparently starts after breaking points and it's supposedly going to make X-Factor the most hated people in the marvel universe. It might be helpful for readers to jump onto to this series if they know about these threads in advance. David's been on Hulk, She Hulk, Captain Marvel and Spiderman during this period of 15 years too and I don't know too much about those characters' series. If you haven't read those books that's a lot of ground to cover.

If maybe you don't think there would be a big enough audience for an article add it to the Ask G-Man questions? Thanks.

Avatar image for jesusdisciple001
jesusdisciple001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By jesusdisciple001

@EnSabahNurX said:

SO happy cable's arm isn't actually that long, it's probably to help compensate for his atrophied arm that's been kickin under the TO virus for decades. Because if that mechanical arm was literally his entire arm I would have been ridiculous lol Thor sounds really cool but I am at maxed capacity on my comics budget and am actually cutting back. I guess i might get it in trade if i hear good things.

I agree about cable.

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

From this I want Deadpool, might  give all new X-men and Savage Wolverine a shot... and I want the New Iron Man, Cap America, Spider-man, and Daredevil titles.

jcbart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By jcbart

@Bitchgurl said:

But that's what makes the ending so important. End it before people get fed up with it or before it runs stale. Uncanny X-Force has been, in my opinion, the best comic book series in years by either Marvel or DC. It makes sense to end it on a high note.

Plus, these two new X-Forces sound awesome! Very on-the-run in a post AvX world when the Avengers are hogging all the limelight. I actually am warming to the idea of some X-Men being classed as 'villains'.

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#31  Edited By Jenkale

@ShockTrooper:

thanks for the cover. just made my day/week

The_Grey_Queen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By The_Grey_Queen

The one thing i'm shocked about with the new uncanny X-force series, is that Storm will be part of the team. After what happened in Second Coming, she viewed the team as monsters. Maybe her divorce from Black Panther got to her. Anyway, i can't wait for the All-New X-men series, it looks so promising, i'm also rooting for the new X-men: Legacy series too.

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Dman1366

I wish I had Bendis' number so I can tell him what a horrible person he is. He is going to ruin the X-Men, like he ruined Avengers. What is the point of bringing more dopplegangers? What? Can he not write a character without having to start from the beginning? Everyone should boycott All New X-Men.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#34  Edited By TDK_1997

Cable and X-Force is the thing from the X-Men universe that I am most excited.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#35  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

@cuddles666 said:

@k4tzm4n said:

T-Bolts. Punisher and Deadpool on the same team? Shut up and take my money!

Cant wait for TBolts

Howlverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Howlverine
Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#37  Edited By Timandm

So... "Marvel Now" is like "Marvel Ultimate Universe" in that it is an entirely different reality?

VioletPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By VioletPhoenix

The first couple of paragraphs of this just revealed an AvX event for me. Lack of spoiler alert. Here's to repressing!