Now that several Marvel heroes have "outed" themselves, will they have"contracts" on them by hitmen

Paracelsus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Paracelsus

Now that several Marvel heroes( Iron Man, Captain America and more recently Daredevil ) have "outed" themselves(ie revealed their formerly secret identities), does that mean that they will have "contracts" taken out on them by hitmen hired by their super enemies or just the "ordinary" underworld?. I doubt it(even though neither is married or with a family of their own-they can afford to do so)- firstly some such as Tony Stark or Steve Rogers are de facto federal officials and their assassination would lead to a big investigation. Secondly their enemies(Mandarin, Red Skull, Owl) would most likely scorn to simply hire a hitman and much prefer to do the job themselves_ they are "hands on"killers..

Thirdly as I noted, although criminals at least in the US frequently threaten law enforcement officials( cops or FBI/ATF/DEA agents) with violent retaliation- "man, I'm going to get you"- no self-respecting hitman in his right senses( I do not use the masculine pronoun by coincidence, if there are "hitladies" around, then I have never heard of them) would agree to take a contract on a cop or Fed, far less a superhero-it simply creates too much "heat" and not just from the regular law enforcement community but also from that of the superhero community.

Anybody think as I do?

Terry