#1 Posted by dave_beckett9 (2 posts) - - Show Bio

howdo guy

I've just purchased journey into mystery issue 121 for £13 (original) and I am not sure if I should get it restored there is significant damage to the spine (tearing, almost coming away from staples, these are intact and fine) also there is slight damage to the cover where the shop put a price tag on it, the gloss is gone and the pages are yellow there is also some tearing (only minor) inside any advice would be welcomed

cheers

#2 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (8728 posts) - - Show Bio

@dave_beckett9:

I did a little looking around, and depending on how much it will cost to restore it could be well worth it if you plan selling, or just having for the heck of it. It's quite valuable.

#3 Edited by dave_beckett9 (2 posts) - - Show Bio

@battle_forum_junkie: yes I was thinking that, not selling just keeping it what I need tho know now is if theres any where in the uk I can get it done

#4 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (8728 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Edited by Battle_Forum_Junkie (8728 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by Queso6p4 (1465 posts) - - Show Bio

The only thing about restorations is that it can affect the sale value of the book and you'd have to disclose that to potential buyers. That being said, I'm sure you could find someone to buy it, but if you just wanna keep it for yourself why not?
Here's a link to a UK company that does comic restoration.