Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By marvel123

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

don't pay attention to the characters themselves but just the concepts of their suits. judging from the trailer, i like the direction that pacific rim is heading. DON'T UNDERESTIMATE HUMAN POTENTIAL. sometimes in comics, humans (our special forces, non powered heroes, ect) are portrayed as almost helpless against super powered threats. the police just get in the way, the military always gets stomped on and in the world of comics, they just seem so useless. imagine if the military/ special forces had powersuits like these. they'd show that humans at least have some fight in them. i liked seeing in the transformer movies that some of the decepticons could be taken down by humans, i like seeing iron man take down enemies, i like how batman defeats people that are sometimes much stronger ans faster than him; those are examples of human potential at its best. if the military had technology such as these power suits in comics, could you see them holding their own against darkseids parademons,or the, skrulls, or the atlanteans,or the amazonians, or whoever else you can think of.....(unless humans could mass produce synthetic kryptonite, they'd flat out loose to an army of kryptonians, so don't include them)

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Technically Master Chief/John-117 is powered slightly via augmentations (enhanced strength, speed, agility, stamina, reaction speeds, etc.)

ImmortalT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ImmortalT1000

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

Technically Master Chief/John-117 is powered slightly via augmentations (enhanced strength, speed, agility, stamina, reaction speeds, etc.)
marvel123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By marvel123

yeah...i know....thats why i was saying not to pay attention to the featured characters, but just the suits...(essentially having a power suit that either looks similar or works similar to those)...but you bring up a good point, bio engineering (like captain america, or even master cheif as u said), i'd count that....................how do you think humans would fair against super powered or alien individuals, who do you think they'd have a chance against??

lorbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By lorbo

Armored suits are great except for one thing...shock impact. Even Ironman would not survived his first movie if real world physics applied to him. When he was shot down, the force alone on his body when he crashed would have smashed his insides. Even if the suit remained intact.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Decoy Elite

Depends on the armor and the superhuman. 
For instance Batman can't beat Spider-Man with MC's armor because he'd break his own arms.

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Jorgevy

@Decoy Elite said:

Depends on the armor and the superhuman. For instance Batman can't beat Spider-Man with MC's armor because he'd break his own arms.

what about Captain America? could he use MC armour?

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Decoy Elite
@Jorgevy said:

@Decoy Elite said:

Depends on the armor and the superhuman. For instance Batman can't beat Spider-Man with MC's armor because he'd break his own arms.

what about Captain America? could he use MC armour?

Not sure, his enhancements seem kind of inconsistent at times.  
When he's above peak human I'd say yes. 
Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jorgevy

@Decoy Elite: that's what I thought... what about movieverse? i think movie Cap could do it, but im not a Halo Player, it's just the movie cap seems to be super human

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Decoy Elite
@Jorgevy: In the Halo books it's stated that the armor would make an unaugmented person break their own bones just by moving.  
MC nearly killed himself when he first used it and didn't realize just how much it boosted his stats.  
So I'd say movieverse Cap wouldn't be able to use it.
Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jorgevy

@Decoy Elite: he was able to break a sub's glass window underwater.....

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Decoy Elite
@Jorgevy: I forgot that scene.  
But still, you have to factor in inexperience and the fact that movie Cap probably doesn't have the heightened reaction times of a Spartan.
Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Jorgevy

@Decoy Elite: good point. I dont remember any good reaction time feat right now, but the experience thing would totally be a pain in the butt

Avatar image for the_lunact_and_manic
The_Lunact_And_Manic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Depends..

Master Chief wouldn't last much against a morals off Dante (DMC) or Black Canary (DC), yet he can give Spiderman a run for his money.

And Stark with the Bleeding Edge could arguably beat Storm.

What I'm trying to say, is that humans do have a limit, Stark isn't going to beat Thor, Master Chief is never going to kill Flash and Batman will never be able to beat Superman.

Sad but true.