Posted by Inverno (13232 posts) - - Show Bio

It has been a long time since I blogged, since I am bored now its the perfect time :D

Do people still remember Batman & Dracula: Red Rain? It was one of my favorite Elseworlds stories (well at least the first book anyway), where Batman fights Dracula and becomes a vampire himself in the end. It was cool concept at first until it goes way overboard in the sequels Bloodstorm and Crimson Mist, but the first part Red Rain is the best one IMHO. I was wondering if DC would make a animated original movie based on it, instead of just taking elements and making The Batman vs Dracula or showing up randomly in a Batman Brave and the Bold episode. I also wouldn't mind seeing some variation on the next Arkham game too.

What do you guys think? Did you read Red Rain too? Does Vampire Batman interest you?

#1 Posted by Decept-O (7278 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree with you regarding this. I absolutely loved the concept behind this, and really enjoyed the incredible art. I still do, ranks as my second favorite Elseworlds title ( after Kingdom Come) and my fave Batman Elseworlds book. The "sequel" comics weren't too terribly bad and its been a long time since I've read them.

It would be incredible if, somehow, some day, some type of interpretation of this were done in some other medium, either as a video game, as you suggest ( great idea ) or as an animated movie. Who could go wrong with Batman as a Vampire?

#2 Posted by blackwolf0925 (147 posts) - - Show Bio

One question about the pic though. Is batman crouching or what I really can't tell with the aesthetics of the pic. To me it looks like his chest inflated dramatically.

#3 Posted by Billy Batson (58031 posts) - - Show Bio

I've only read Bloodstorm <_<
BB

#4 Posted by Inverno (13232 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decept-O said:

I agree with you regarding this. I absolutely loved the concept behind this, and really enjoyed the incredible art. I still do, ranks as my second favorite Elseworlds title ( after Kingdom Come) and my fave Batman Elseworlds book. The "sequel" comics weren't too terribly bad and its been a long time since I've read them.

It would be incredible if, somehow, some day, some type of interpretation of this were done in some other medium, either as a video game, as you suggest ( great idea ) or as an animated movie. Who could go wrong with Batman as a Vampire?

Well, there is Skyrim: Dawnguard as proof you can make a awesome vampire game. Just saying :)

@blackwolf0925 said:

One question about the pic though. Is batman crouching or what I really can't tell with the aesthetics of the pic. To me it looks like his chest inflated dramatically.

I suppose he is crouching. The reason why he looks like this is the result of being driven mad by lack of blood. He is supposed to look decayed, and yet he looks inflated O_o

@Billy Batson said:

I've only read Bloodstorm <_<
BB

It was not that bad. Inner monologues aside, it was a pretty cool follow up to Red Rain. Crimson Mist on the other hand goes way too far in the bleak territory, it becomes unintentionally funny :P

#5 Posted by judasnixon (6586 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not really a Batman fan, but I absolutely loath vampires, and it's not because of twilight ether. Thanks to Anna Rice every whack job and weird-o with a cape and fake fangs comes down here to New Orleans. I see these A-holes all the time in the French Quarter on their way to a goth dance club that looks like something out of a Blade movie. They try to talk all dark, scary, and melodramatic, but they just sound retarded. They aren't fooling anyone with their act. I know the truth. They poop just like everyone else. They need to get up on out of here with their stupid ass platform boots with five hundred Buckles on them. There is nothing funnier than a fat vampire with braces that reeks of AXE body spray and black hair dye. While I'm at it screw True Blood too. Vampires are not sexy. They are people with very low self esteem, who got beat up by the chess team in high school. They need help, New Orleans gangster (that all look like Lil' Wayne) keep stealing their top hats, those thing can't be cheap........

#6 Posted by Inverno (13232 posts) - - Show Bio

@judasnixon said:

I'm not really a Batman fan, but I absolutely loath vampires, and it's not because of twilight ether. Thanks to Anna Rice every whack job and weird-o with a cape and fake fangs comes down here to New Orleans. I see these A-holes all the time in the French Quarter on their way to a goth dance club that looks like something out of a Blade movie. They try to talk all dark, scary, and melodramatic, but they just sound retarded. They aren't fooling anyone with their act. I know the truth. They poop just like everyone else. They need to get up on out of here with their stupid ass platform boots with five hundred Buckles on them. There is nothing funnier than a fat vampire with braces that reeks of AXE body spray and black hair dye. While I'm at it screw True Blood too. Vampires are not sexy. They are people with very low self esteem, who got beat up by the chess team in high school. They need help, New Orleans gangster (that all look like Lil' Wayne) keep stealing their top hats, those thing can't be cheap........

Um... okay...?

#7 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18083 posts) - - Show Bio

DC making an animated movie about it is interesting.But there are other major Batman stories that I would rather seen done first.

#8 Edited by Decept-O (7278 posts) - - Show Bio

@CaioTrubat: Def. Bloodrayne ( OK I am old but that one was popular as a Vampire based video game ), and I know there are plenty others, I think CastleVania although I've never played it, just know about it, so yes, Vampire based video games can succeed.

Batman as a Vampire would be GREAT to play in terms of a video game, something different and something visually fun and potentially awesome as it would allow a player to have Bats do things he "normally" wouldn't be able to do. Fly, battle opponents using super strength, even be resistant to many attacks as a human he wouldn't be able to withstand. Potential exists for many different scenarios. Hopefully some higher ups at DC or video game companies would consider this idea. :)