No Avengers/ GOTG crossover???

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 86

Edited By RavenVice01

James Gunn recently spoke to Screen Junkies, saying he wants to keep GOTG and Whedon's Avengers mutually exclusive from each other. If Gunn is gonna keep GOTG separate from the Avengers then why have the Infinity War movie or for that matter split it into two parts. Gamora, Drax and Yondu are members of the Infinity Watch. Each of them is entrusted with an Infinity Stone after the Infinity War is over and Thanos is vanquished.

Plus I wanted to see the witty repartee between GOTG and the Avengers. I mean can u imagine Rocket pissing everybody off on the Avengers. Widow trying to shoot Rocket, Hulk trying to smash Rocket, Groot and Drax, Rocket and Starlord arguing with Iron Man over whose plan is better. Somebody please just give James a fat check and have him as well as his recently inflated ego just shut up. Either James plays ball and does an Avengers/ GOTG crossover or fire him and find someone who will.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Wolfrazer

There doesn't need to be a crossover, if they wanna keep em separate, that's fine. Don't threaten Gunn to be fired just because he doesn't want a crossover, that's just being rude and selfish.

Avatar image for marvete_e_dcnauta
Marvete_e_DCnauta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer:

There doesn't need to be a crossover, if they wanna keep em separate, that's fine. Don't threaten Gunn to be fired just because he doesn't want a crossover, that's just being rude and selfish.

Agreed

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

They are going to indirectly tie in with the Infinity Stone and who knows what else

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The way that GoTG movie went, it's kinda inevitable that Marvel will let him keep them apart.

Marvel >>> James Gunn

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So what? Everything that the GOTG has done or will do with Thanos and the Infinity Stones will only serve as a reference to the Infinity War film. Sounds kinda of like a cheat to me and a cheap tactic to avoid a massive crossover.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 rogueshadow  Moderator

Doesn't bother me.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The problem with doing a crossover is how do you give enough screen time to both groups in order to really justify it? The studios don't want to add all of that extra salary to a movie imo just so they can cut down on the amount of screen time the Avengers would get if its in one of their movies or vice versa. Keeping them separate is fine imo.

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot: I get what u r saying but if the infinity war film is being split into two parts and I wager each movie is about 2 hours and 30 mins long. I think u would hav enough screen time and interaction between all characters to do it justice

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

They're still going to crossover.

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ravenvice01: Still though I think you lose the momentum of the movie and the characters in each group if you try to have both groups in the same movie. Its hard enough to keep that momentum with just one group. Like I said though, I don't think Marvel wants to spend an extra $40-50 mil in salary just to get the gotg cast in an Avengers movie. Its not really necessary and would detract from the Avengers imo.

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot said:

The problem with doing a crossover is how do you give enough screen time to both groups in order to really justify it? The studios don't want to add all of that extra salary to a movie imo just so they can cut down on the amount of screen time the Avengers would get if its in one of their movies or vice versa. Keeping them separate is fine imo.

I'm with you on this despite how much I'd love to see the avengers and guardians together, it probably wouldn't really work without splitting the movie in two and even then... In worst case scenario such a film would be almost nothing but a collection of oversized messy fan service scenes and even at best some of the featured characters would be sidelined for the sake of the story & plot and nobody really wants that.

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Russo Brothers are directing Infinity War. Gunn is keeping GOTG 2 with just the characters he likes filming. Is that so bad? We'll see them fight alongside the Avengers , the Defenders and the Inhumans against Thanos, don't you worry.

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oscars94: inhumams aren't nearly as interesting or entertaining enough as GOTG. The least they can hav is yondu, gamora and drax involved in the infinity war since they r members of the infinity watch.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

Good

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

A crossover most likely ties his hands creatively in some way and also hands his baby over to someone else to raise temporarily. It would make sense for Gunn to avoid it for as long as he can to bring it to a more level and fair playing field with the Avengers franchise.

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ms-lola: As much as I would like to see Tony Stark arguing with a raccoon and star lord, I'm willing to settle for Drax, Gamora and maybe even Yondu being involved in the Infinity War movie along with Moon Dragon. At least u would have members of the Infinity Watch being involved.