No anime vs comics???

JBlaze94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By JBlaze94

I've been lurching this site as a guest for months, finally decided to join. Why are anime vs comic matches banned? Too much fanboy rage? If so why should a few people spoil the fun for everyone else?

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

They start flame wars (heated arguments that just lead to people insulting one another) that and many battles are either unfair or mismatched. The mods tried like a year ago to temporarily lift the ban..but nope, the flames spread faster than...okay, I don't have an analogy to go there, but it just spread fast.

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Twentyfive

Flame wars that will rage on until either the end of time, or the eventual zombie apocalypse occurs. Neither side will be productive in it either. Fanboys all end up looking like savages on the internet, and nobody wins.

JBlaze94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By JBlaze94

Well that sucks, is it really only anime vs comics that such idiocy takes place?

Razero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Razero

No but they are the most prone to it.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By evilvegeta74

They got on me about this subject several times. I still say that Reed Richards, Plastic Man, and Enlongated Man, all need to take fighting lessons from Monkey D. Luffy. Luffy could help them all up their game. Maybe they could catch a few of his showson tv.

Avatar image for 7am_waking_up_in_the_morning
7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JBlaze94

I totally understand how you feel. I mean, AnimeVice allows them and heck, even the mods over there participate in the decisions. (Notice how they debate in good manner) I guess to goes to show that the general populace in Comicvine are not so... How shall I say? civilized.... 0_0;

Magneto Vs Father

Topic started by One_Piece_God on Sept. 10, 2012. Last post by DBZ_universe 6 hours, 53 minutes ago.
Post by One_Piece_God (225 posts) See mini bio Level 7
FollowSend a PM
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Both Are In Character

Farther Has Prep

Only Basic Knowledge Of Each Others Ability e.g Magneto Can Control Metal etc

No Speedblitz

Farther Is Able To Keep "God" Inside His Body For The Entire Fight

Battle In Amestris

20 Metres Apart

Posted 2 days, 17 hours ago
Post by sickVisionz (3,369 posts) See mini bio Level 24
FollowSend a PM

I'm pretty sure Father would stomp. Magneto can control objects with magnetic elements in them. The very nature of alchemy is having elemental control over objects in your environment and Father is like a god level alchemist hopped up Philosopher Stones. I'm not sure what Magneto could even do to him considering that Father could manipulate the elemental makeup of objects and take them out of Magneto's reign of control.

Posted 2 days, 13 hours ago
Post by Dream (3,685 posts) See mini bio Level 19
FollowSend a PM
With what feats Father has demonstrated in his God mode, I'm willing to wager Magneto has a very good chance of taking him out provided he keep his distance from Father, as the Master of Magnetism has no resistance to soul absorption which the Homunculus can pull off if his foes are in close enough range to him. Magneto's force fields provide him a very strong defense as they've tanked volcanic eruptions and nuclear blasts, thus I doubt Father's nuclear fusion blasts will be taking Magneto out. While Father's alchemy is seemingly God-like in its qualities for the standards of his series, the range in which he can perform it is limited compared to Magneto's entire control of a planet's electromagnetic field which could allow him to wipe out all life on Earth if he were tempted (which I doubt Father would survive) and control of the field allows him control over any energy that is part of the electromagnetic spectrum such as electricity, gamma rays, ultraviolet light and infrared radiation. This power also allows him the ability to create wormholes to transport himself and others, meaning he could use this ability on Father to win via BFR. While Father is quite the threat within FMA and a number of other popular shounen anime titles, Magneto is a far worst threat for the Dwarf in the Flask to be dealing with.  
Posted 2 days, 11 hours ago
Post by taichokage (4,502 posts) See mini bio Level 16
FollowSend a PM
Father should be the winner, but why do I feel like Mags could pull off a win here? Maybe it's because over the years he has defended himself against the likes of a calm Phoenix, Thor, Captain Universe and so on. By their listed powers Father should win, but Magneto seems to find a way around foes more powerful than himself. Forgive my uncertainty in this one. I really am not sure who would win. I suppose it would be Father but again, not sure.
Posted 2 days, 10 hours ago
Post by Fehafare (2,026 posts) See mini bio Level 12
FollowSend a PM

Magnet wins... God mode Father has nearly no feats.

Posted 2 days, 9 hours ago
FollowSend a PM
That's not really enough of a reason to say that Magneto wins. If there are too few feats then it is an indeterminate battle. I've been thinking now and the ability to bring souls back to life and create nuclear fission casually are no small feats. As a character he is very out of place in FMA, a story where most of the important characters are not much above street level.
Post by Dream (3,685 posts) See mini bio Level 19
FollowSend a PM
@taichokage: By the standards of FMA, Father would be an uber-powerful threat to his world. But I wouldn't call it too impressive in the standards of Marvel Comics characters when Mags has been shown to have dealt with far worst threats than Father, even taking a blast from Galactus during the Secret Wars.
Post by Fehafare (2,026 posts) See mini bio Level 12
FollowSend a PM

@taichokage: I wouldn't call it very impressive when it comes to direct combat especially since his nuclear fission has no feats and best you can say is that it's multi-city block level which is the top of tops for FMA.

(lol MvC idiots think it has the power of a star...)

Posted 2 days, 8 hours ago
Post by SMXLR8 (178 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Online Now
FollowSend a PM

wait a min didn't people say in my post that mag can do crazy stuff? like what the hell

Posted 2 days, 6 hours ago
FollowSend a PM
He can, it's just that just like Magneto, Father is far more powerful than Bison. This is a much closer battle, although I think the general consensus is that Magneto would still win.
Posted 2 days, 5 hours ago
Post by SpeedForceSpider (1,071 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Online Now
FollowSend a PM

Couldn't Magneto just BFR him by creating a wormhole?

Posted 2 days, 5 hours ago
Online Now
FollowSend a PM

what about the blood crontol and the other stuff he can do like droping a big rock on him

Posted 2 days, 4 hours ago
Post by FalconC2 (289 posts) See mini bio Level 9
FollowSend a PM

@SpeedForceSpider said:

Couldn't Magneto just BFR him by creating a wormhole?

Ayup. He could probably drop Father into deep space or something. Magneto's electro-magnetic barrier is also powerful enough to defend against attacks from the Silver Surfer and Thor IIRC. So, there's nothing Father can do to get past it.

Posted 1 day, 11 hours ago
Online Now
FollowSend a PM

@FalconC2: wait he can creat a wormhole???? since when and how

Posted 1 day, 10 hours ago
FollowSend a PM
Yes he can. It's a newer ability of his. Magneto is much more powerful than he is depicted in movies and animations and even earlier incarnations from the comic.
Posted 1 day, 10 hours ago
Post by FalconC2 (289 posts) See mini bio Level 9
FollowSend a PM

@SMXLR8 said:

@FalconC2: wait he can creat a wormhole???? since when and how

Yeah, Erik can do that.

Here's a good feat. He pulls a FTL planet busting bullet all the way to earth, and after he dragged it to earth he used a wormhole to pull Kitty Pryde out of the bullet. It's from Uncanny X-Men #521, I believe?

It shows power, great range, and Magneto's infamous swag.

Edited 1 day, 10 hours ago
Post by SpeedForceSpider (1,071 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Online Now
FollowSend a PM
Thanks for the support Falcon.
Posted 1 day, 7 hours ago
Post by phantomrant (70 posts) See mini bio Level 5
FollowSend a PM

Comic Magneto vs a Full Power Homunculus?

magneto stomps.

Posted 1 day, 6 hours ago
Post by DBZ_universe (2,901 posts) See mini bio Level 17
Online Now
FollowSend a PM

I go for magness here as well... his shield will protect him from any attacks Father can pull out... or just a BFR could do the job... but if Father touches Magneto than I say Father wins because he can transmute Magneto into a chimera or something.

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

#8  Edited By StMichalofWilson

Anime vs Comics eh? It's like Autobots vs Decepticons.

ms__omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ms__omega

Shhhhhhhhh do not anger the Comicvine yo will be banished to The Forbidden Zone

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By Hazlenaut

I think flame wars shows the stages from fan to fanboy/fangirl than finally showing fanbrat. This also reveal that there some people can’t take the truth or does not desire their character to lose.

This asks do they really like the character if they are defeated. Do they really like the character or just like flashy stuff and do not mind that he/she/it is a cannon sue. This why there is concept of being depowered. There are possibilities that the character will fall. Battle can only give likely scenario but not 100%.

Mizz_Coconut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Mizz_Coconut

This may sounds stupid but why do people get so heated about it? 
I think its kind of a silly question to ask which is better, theyre both AMAZING 
They both give you something worth time, effort and money 
I think it sounds kind of childish to start abusing someone because you read more anime then comics and vise versa. 
Only person who can really puff out their chest is someone who has read both extensively
TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By TheCrowbar

I prefer Apples.