Nightwing's death in Injustice

Batman-Hush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Poll Nightwing's death in Injustice (24 votes)

Yes 54%
No 46%

We all remember Nightwing's death in the Elseworlds story Injustice. We also remember how soon quickly and unceremoniously he perished. In an unbiased opinion, do you think it was good for the story or it was an unnecessary thrill-seeker?

• 
Batman-Hush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Batman-Hush

Bad answers. Yes means that you were for it. No means that you weren't.

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By youknowwhattodo

I thought it was great for the story because at the time he was one of the few characters in Injustice that maintained a sense of calm in a world that was rapidly deteriorating. It might have seemed like an inglorious end to Dick Grayson, when it happened, the story literally stopped and every character there knew what was the significance, even Harley Quinn was crying.

Batman-Hush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@youknowwhattodo: I personally have no qualms about Dick dying but I feel it was too soon. It took practically all Bruce had so quickly. I feel his death could've been fleshed out differently. The backlash wasn't even that groundbreaking. Everyone was over it within a week.

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

It was lame and the prisoners bowing in respect also was pretty lame in my opinion

laidblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Personally liked it. Sometimes its forgotten that characters like Nightwing are no more durable then other humans and it showed it. It also explained why Damian and his father became opposed to each other even though it was shown they had problems before hand. With they way they set Injustice Grayson still exist so no problems in the long run

Agreed.

Avatar image for greatcaesarsghost
GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By GreatCaesarsGhost

Haven't read it. From playing Injustice, it didn't sit well with me that Damian was able to beat Dick, to me it seemed unlikely. I thought it was cool and made sense, but a bit above his station.

Batman-Hush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@justthatkid: Despite this, Superman took a break from the regime to ensure Bruce was emotionally stable.Dick was his son, Bruce would mourn accordingly, especially knowing that Damian killed him. He could've been salty toward Damian because he switched sides.

Batman-Hush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Batman-Hush

@justthatkid: He said "he was my son". Besides, I am talking about the events in the comic right after Dick's death, when Damian visited. We can't paraphrase from the game because we don't know what else Damian may do in that time skip.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

I liked it. Adding a touch of morality to comics is always good IMO. I don't want to see a sudden increase in deaths for the sake of killing off characters but I feel like the threat should always be there.

Disclaimer: I am a complete mark for the Injustice comic series and most likely quite biased.