Nightwing/Harley quinn on Arrow?? what does this mean...

Avatar image for colonialkrypton
Colonialkrypton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm confused.

First harley is seen now their are rumors they are looking for an actor to play nightwing.

Dc said that they are going to release movies this year not on such a high budget mark but more just for fans and the movies involved deathstroke,harley quinn and the suicide squad among others.

I am guessing the show is going to somehow tie in to the movies somehow..but what the hell is nightwing going to do on the show? and what if diggle becomes batwing?

Tyrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Tyrus

Heck no.

An unknown is apparently playing Harley and a CW/Vampire TV show tweener is playing Nightwing... Don't see them in Affleck's universe.

Colonialkrypton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tyrus: no one said anything bout the affleck universe lol.

I just meant the low budget movies they were making in the mean time

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By RustyRoy
No Caption Provided

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its Batman show without Batman.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

@rustyroy said:

And the fact that it works well without him entertains me

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@batmanfanboy:

Why would Diggle would be Batwing because he is black?

Colonialkrypton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Colonialkrypton

@vitalius: uh yeah basically lol.

Diggle really has had NO development since becoming a full time partner to Oliver.

His combat skills are not honed to kill,only to protect.
He doesn't seem strong at all.
He is sloppy and irrelevant almost.

I mean he can be anything...maybe something out of left field but obviously him working with criminals is going to put his relationship with oliver at risk especially now with deathstroke in the mix so I expect him to become..something more than what he is at this moment.

so yes John stewart,steel,Batwing and cyborg ect are all possibilities considering his skin color and size.

Jokerpoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By Jokerpoker

Weird.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By ccraft

I only see that as a cameo at most for Harley, Nightwing is just a rumor.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

And the fact that it works well without him entertains me

Well it should work because they basically made Arrow a poor man's Batman.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

We literally have a 1s shot of a blonde chick from the back and people think its confirmed we have Harley? chill out.

They've been shooting nightwing rumors for 6 months, still hasn't happened.

and no, the show isn't crossing over with the movies. there's 0 evidence to support this.

so all of this, means nothing currently.

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

I'm confused.

First harley is seen now their are rumors they are looking for an actor to play nightwing.

Dc said that they are going to release movies this year not on such a high budget mark but more just for fans and the movies involved deathstroke,harley quinn and the suicide squad among others.

I am guessing the show is going to somehow tie in to the movies somehow..but what the hell is nightwing going to do on the show? and what if diggle becomes batwing?

Just to answer these questions one at a time.

The story behind Nightwing on Arrow is that Vampire Diaries "star" Steven McQueen posted a picture on twitter of him working out saying "training for Nightwing" or something like that. That is what started the whole rumor that Nightwing was going to be on Arrow, and for about a month, he kept teasing fans about him being Nightwing, even to the point of taking a picture of him with former Nightwing writer Kyle Higgins. However since there was absolutely no other reports backing up Nightwing being in Arrow besides McQueen's twitter feed, it seems more like he was just pushing himself out there for the role, even though the Arrow producers never asked for it.

To the second question, it is possible to see Harley Quinn and the Suicide Squad from the show to their prospective movie because DC/WB is toying with the idea of a low-budget comic book film but to be honest WB seems to be making up the DCCU as they go along so I wouldn't be surprised if they just scrapped the plans altogether. Personally I just think that it is going to be a cameo like Solomon Grundy was, fanservice if you will.

The third question, no, Diggle will not be Batwing.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@youknowwhattodo: Kyle Higgins, "former" Nightwing writer?

Not until issue #30 hits the stands.

And yeah, Harley will be a cameo for sure.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: Who else could it be?

It's a very pale chick with blonde pigtails and black nail polish...locked up at A.R.G.U.S. and hanging out with the Suicide Squad.

C'mon, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@jaken7 said:

@fallschirmjager: Who else could it be?

It's a very pale chick with blonde pigtails and black nail polish...locked up at A.R.G.U.S. and hanging out with the Suicide Squad.

C'mon, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

harley isn't blonde (ignored this, I was thinking of her dyed look lol)

harley has no affiliation with ARGUS whatsoever

so your analogy is bad.

It could be - no one? I doubt that person is going to do more than see her back. Its a cameo at best. People have taken this and blown it way out of proportion. If Arrow was going to use Harley, they would have announced it - like they have almost every other noteworthy villain including Deadshot and Bronze Tiger (and a very long list of people)

Arrow has dropped tones of cameos and easter eggs. Kord Industries shows up all the time, I don't think Blue Beetle is showing up any time soon - especially since the show hasn't said it will.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@batmanfanboy:

So are saying that they should just keep to remind that he is the black superhero.

Since he has militar past, he could train and be in shape and become militar vigilante like Arrow and Canary, and even using Arsenal, since Roy Harper will probalby Red Arrow. He is going to be on Suicide Squad, unknown if they will be like on comics, where they must follow Amanda Waller´s orders or they will be killed.

Diggle has some personality which make different from Oliver and that way he doesnt become the black Oliver Queen like how sometimes, black characters become the black counterpart of white hero.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By JakeN7

@fallschirmjager: Suicide Squad and ARGUS are tied together in the New 52 if I'm not mistaken. And yeah, that as well as the fact that she is indeed blonde (good thing you edited it, I was gonna tear you apart for that XP) makes my analogy perfect actually.

Besides, every single website is officially declaring that as Harley Quinn. Just type in Suicide Squad, Harley Quinn, or Arrow into Google and you'll see headline after headline. Doesn't mean she's going to be featured more than a cameo, but there's barely a doubt that that's her. In fact, she wasn't shown in the preview where the Suicide Squad is shown, so I'm pretty sure they'll just do a little fan service. Waller might go "not that one, she's not ready," or "she's too unstable." Whatever.

Maybe you just didn't think that was her initially because you forgot about her being blonde?

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@jaken7 said:

@fallschirmjager: Suicide Squad and ARGUS are tied together in the New 52 if I'm not mistaken. And yeah, that as well as the fact that she is indeed blonde (good thing you edited it, I was gonna tear you apart for that XP) makes my analogy perfect actually.

Besides, every single website is officially declaring that as Harley Quinn. Just type in Suicide Squad, Harley Quinn, or Arrow into Google and you'll see headline after headline. Doesn't mean she's going to be featured more than a cameo, but there's barely a doubt that that's her. In fact, she wasn't shown in the preview where the Suicide Squad is shown, so I'm pretty sure they'll just do a little fan service. Waller might go "not that one, she's not ready," or "she's too unstable." Whatever.

Maybe you just didn't think that was her initially because you forgot about her being blonde?

Every website spamming it, means nothing. CB rumors are out of control. They are wrong 99% of the time. I don't really care what any website has to say unless its the produces of a show/movie, the studio or MULTIPLE confirmed sources by very legit mediums. I highly doubt the websites you're speaking of are any of these 3.

And if it is a cameo like you said, then it still means "nothing", which is what I originally said.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: Alright, I'll just wait until Wednesday and come back and write "nanny nanny poo poo." I'm not sure why a cameo is the same as nothing at all in your mind. Probably because you're backtracking at the realization that you're wrong. I'd post a link to the thread Tazzmission posted that has further evidence straight from that actress we saw, but I'm on my phone so I can't.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@jaken7 said:

@fallschirmjager: Alright, I'll just wait until Wednesday and come back and write "nanny nanny poo poo." I'm not sure why a cameo is the same as nothing at all in your mind. Probably because you're backtracking at the realization that you're wrong. I'd post a link to the thread Tazzmission posted that has further evidence straight from that actress we saw, but I'm on my phone so I can't.

After its confirmed - then you can say what you want. But getting worked up over rumors is beyond old. People do it multiple times a week on this forum and 99% of the time it ends up getting debunked.

And do you know what a cameo is? The original OP question asked what this means. Cameo's don't mean anything. They're fun fanservice, but that's about it. It means nothing. I'm not backtracking anything. They don't do anything for the plot. Most of the time the actor/actress doesn't even speak.

So yeah, its clearly going to be a plot defining for the next 2 seasons of arrow. That's why the producers announced she was going to be in it and have such a big role.

oh wait.

Avatar image for theformermarionettegeist
Theformermarionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marc Guggenheim's response to speculation:

"This tickles me no end. I’ll tell you two things:

1) this is NOT the special announcement — that’s episode 219 and this is 216

2) to paraphrase Aaron Sorkin: “There’s gonna be an episode of Arrow. I’d watch.”

Comment from casting agency confirming Cassidy Alexa as the supposed Harley Quinn actor:

"Cassidy Alexa is getting a lot of heat surrounding her upcoming ‘cameo’ on Arrow. I’m in the dark as to what the producers have planned for her so we’ll have to find out. She’s a very exciting young actress to keep an eye on.
I’m blessed that CW does like to hire my clients. They’ve established a solid presence on the Hollywood North landscape and look to strengthen those ties with new shows, Flash, iZombie and Tribes, which could be a worthy successor to Supernatural.”

Just if anyone's curious.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: It wasn't just a whisper or a rumor, we friggin' saw 2 shots of her, and that's where the speculation took off. It's a bit different.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chicken_chokergeist: Do you by any chance mean Arleen Sorkin, the original Harley Quinn? Aaron Sorkin is the show creator of West Wing and Newsroom.

Avatar image for theformermarionettegeist
Theformermarionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

@chicken_chokergeist: Do you by any chance mean Arleen Sorkin, the original Harley Quinn? Aaron Sorkin is the show creator of West Wing and Newsroom.

No, he was quoting Aaron Sorkin. I though it was supposed to be Arleen at first as well. He's just hyping up the coming episodes, while neither confirming nor denying Harley Quinn.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why are there so many batman characters in arrow. I mean I know green arrow doesn't have an interesting rogues gallery or anytbinf but this is their chance to reinvent them and make them cooler