Nick Fury Jr.

MSzekeresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MSzekeresh

Like many people I was distraught about the loss of the original Nick Fury when his son Marcus Johnson was introduced to comics for the take of corporate synergy (sorry to editorialize). Now that a little time has passed how are people feeling about Nick Fury Jr and what he and Agent Coulson bring to the Marvel Universe?

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By the_tree

I don't mind Fury Jr., although I wish he'd be noticed as Marcus Johnson about 99% of the time. And I'll continue to not mind the character, so long as the real Nick Fury isn't left to fade into obscurity. So overall, I like him.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By SoA

i do not like the whole nick jr (lol) thing but i am very impressed with how secret avengers is coming along @The_Tree said:

I don't mind Fury Jr., although I wish he'd be noticed as Marcus Johnson about 99% of the time. And I'll continue to not mind the character, so long as the real Nick Fury isn't left to fade into obscurity. So overall, I like him.

i agree , if nick comes back and marcus is his second in command or something i would enjoy him better also if they killed the cheese nickname for agent coulson

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SUNMAN

I was never that big on Nick Fury in General. But I like Nick Fury Jr. in Secret Avengers.

Battle Scars was okay if a little too obvious.

budonkadonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By budonkadonk

I miss old-man Nick.

Nothing wrong with Marcus, but he isn't Nick.

EdBlank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By EdBlank

They can't just replace Nick Fury like that.

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Cap10nate

I'm a fan of him and Coulson so far. I think Spencer has done a great job introducing them and playing on the fact that a lot of people don't like Jr's inclusion on the team. Battle Scars wasn't a bad story either.

Nick Fury has always been one of my favorite characters since reading my Dad's howling Commandos books from the early 70s. I like his current role of shadow operative in Winter Soldier. I just hope he continues to make an impact in the Marvel U for a while.

TheCowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TheCowman

Nick Fury's always been a favorite character of mine, but I don't mind Fury Jr.

Let him take the spotlight for awhile. Nick Sr. will more than likely return later down the road. It's just the nature of comics. I'd like to see both Furys working together.

And more Agent Coulson is never a bad thing.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#9  Edited By Teerack

He's okay because Jr hasn't replaced Sr and isn't even in Nick Fury Sr.'s league to be honest. I'm hoping that Nick Fury Sr. Will show up in Age of Ultron or at least show up in a future event in a big way like in Secret Invasion. I'm fine with Jr just being some guy at Shield but no one really compares to Nick Fury Sr.'s planing and sneaking.

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10  Edited By Timandm

Nick Jr. is a plot device to give the world an African American Nick Fury like in the movie..  But all in all, I think it's working...

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

Am I right in thinking he's pretty much just been written in so that new readers will have a Nick Fury that looks like the one from the films?

If so, is that really necessary to do? Isn't this maybe taking the comics being influenced by the films too far?