Next Planet of the Apes Film and Sequel to Fantastic Four Reboot Get New Release Dates

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
http://skinnyglasses.deviantart.com/
http://skinnyglasses.deviantart.com/

Although the Fantastic Four reboot is set to release in August of this year, there's very little known about it, aside from a few things heard here and there from the cast. Said bits of information have left fans of the comics scratching their head as the direction of the film seems to be a bit farther from the source material.

According to Variety, Fox moved the release date for Fantastic Four 2 a month, from July 14th, 2017 to June 2nd, 2017. While many may be confused to why this is happening, since the first film in this new franchise, which is seven months away from release and doesn't even have a movie poster or any promotional materials out yet, there's a good reason for it.

Currently, Fox's franchise cash cow is the Planet of the Apes prequel series, with last year's Dawn of the Planet of the Apes making over $700 million, and while the next film in the franchise was supposed to come out on July 29th, 2016, Fox moved it back a year to July 17th, 2017. Fox obviously didn't want to be competing with themselves with two big films, so they moved the untested film forward a month, simple as that.

We'll let you know any more info about the upcoming Fantastic Four film as the news hits the net.

Master_Thief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Fox give up on the FF and focus on xmen

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I must wait two and a half years for Planet of the Apes... damm

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Planet of the Apes is waaaay more sequel worthy than FF.

Maddpanda531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ugh, I forgot that they already announced a sequel to FF. Fox pls stop

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Interesting.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

planet of the apes? cool

fantastic four movie..i'll pass.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By TommytheHitman

So they've already announced a sequel for a movie that they haven't even revealed a poster for yet?

Makes sense.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By kidchipotle

Interesting.

Avatar image for supremehyperion
SupremeHyperion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Considering it won't really have any ties to the actual source material why don't they just drop the Fantastic Four name and make it a Bionic Six movie instead? Far less people will hate seeing that get slaughtered......

fattytravy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like that they're already announcing a sequel to a film that no one is excited about. There's a difference between making a plan for another movie behind the scenes and coming out and saying "We're making a second one! Excited?"

n25philly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pass on both

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

I wish they would stop announcing sequels for movies that aren't even out yet. They think it makes the first movie more attractive but if it tanks it won't get one anyway.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13  Edited By longbowhunter

The rebooted Apes movies are by far my favorite franchise currently.

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

2.5 year wait for the next PotA film? ...Dang

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

I have to wait more than 2 and a half years for the next Apes film?

Toastalchemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree with everyone else, they are announcing a sequel too quickly, especially since this movie looks like it is going to bomb. Remember the two sequels we were supposed to get to Green Lantern a few years ago?

G_leno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't even want this abomination of an FF film in the first place, let alone a sequel. Its not lile there was a buzz around it like GotG had before release to make them want to garuntee another movie. It sounds like a move to just give Marvel a big "eff off, you aint getting the rights back".

Avatar image for superior_prime_maybe
superior_prime_maybe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

fox feels like an ass here. They could focus on Apes. Not like they actually care about ff

ohrenclez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19  Edited By ohrenclez

did they announce yet if ff is going to cross over into the x-men movies? There could be some awesome stories to tell with Franklin and Valeria.

But maybe they are going to wait with an announcement like that to see if the movie is a success

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The movie isn't out yet... And they know public opinion isn't high...

Should they really be giving the FF a sequel

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ha! They already scheduled the sequel huh? I'll be interesting to see how this reboot will do.

capelibra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

##@

Considering it won't really have any ties to the actual source material why don't they just drop the Fantastic Four name and make it a Bionic Six movie instead? Far less people will hate seeing that get slaughtered......

I will stab a b&#!ch to see a Bionic Six movie!

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ha! They already scheduled the sequel huh? I'll be interesting to see how this reboot will do.

They must be confident in that it will create revenue and fans will have positive reception to already have a sequel planned. Or they have completely lost their minds.

DrApplebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good to see they're planning the FF sequel that will inevitably get cancelled when the FF reboot inevitably tanks. Maybe then they'll move the date for Apes 3 back up so we can look forward to a good movie sooner.

butters911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ive always been a huge FF fan so there is no way I won't be there opening day. I don't mind a different take on the characters as long as its good.

viin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How does Fantastic Four already have a sequel?

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

I have to wait more than 2 and a half years for the next Apes film?

It's worth the wait. They have plenty of time to make the best 3rd film as much as the previous ones.

SynCig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

Announcing the date for a sequel before the first movie comes out has become a more common practice in Hollywood these days (especially with superhero movies) but FOX is getting a little ahead of themselves I think. Marvel announcing the date for Cap 3 before Winter Soldier releases makes sense because Marvel is an established brand that hasn't had any financial disappointments yet. FOX isn't quite as sure of the record on their comic book movies and a rebooted F4 franchise that has still left a sour taste in the mouths of the general audiences because of the first two atrocious movies is not a sure thing. I imagine that F4 will make some money and do well enough but I imagine that it will be more in line with ASM2 than The Avengers. ASM2 made a lot of money but didn't do well enough to ease the fears of Sony and that is a big reason why the future plans (that were similarly supposed to be set in stone) are very much in flux with Sony's Spider-Man franchise. I expect similar results with FOX's Fantastic Four reboot.

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@syncig said:

Announcing the date for a sequel before the first movie comes out has become a more common practice in Hollywood these days (especially with superhero movies) but FOX is getting a little ahead of themselves I think. Marvel announcing the date for Cap 3 before Winter Soldier releases makes sense because Marvel is an established brand that hasn't had any financial disappointments yet. FOX isn't quite as sure of the record on their comic book movies and a rebooted F4 franchise that has still left a sour taste in the mouths of the general audiences because of the first two atrocious movies is not a sure thing. I imagine that F4 will make some money and do well enough but I imagine that it will be more in line with ASM2 than The Avengers. ASM2 made a lot of money but didn't do well enough to ease the fears of Sony and that is a big reason why the future plans (that were similarly supposed to be set in stone) are very much in flux with Sony's Spider-Man franchise. I expect similar results with FOX's Fantastic Four reboot.

I agree with you on this... We have heard Marvel films from 2021 but we knew they were going to happen because financially, Marvel "worst film" is Hulk (2008 movie) and Captain America: The First Avenger...

I don't think FF will really do well, it will probably make a profit but a small one and be in line with ASM2...

I mean after ASM, there were plans to do ASM3 and possibly ASM4, plus a Venom Movie and Sinister Six etc.. but after ASM2, they are literally all down the drain...

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I honestly don't think a sequel for FF is going to happen.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shazam117 said:

They must be confident in that it will create revenue and fans will have positive reception to already have a sequel planned. Or they have completely lost their minds.

Going with the latter

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

They've already announced a sequel? Dammit Fox, finish one terrible meal before you start eating the next.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sequels to movies that havent come out yet.

That doesnt work.

Even if the movie works, they would have a limited amount of time to came with the sequel, what they can do because of it.

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

That's cute. Fox thinks people will actually pay to see their Fantastic Four sequel.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's cute. Fox thinks people will actually pay to see their Fantastic Four sequel.

It really depends on how well the trailer will be. Also if they dont nerf them too much i think it will be received well.

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

Another Planet of the Apes...

YAY!!!

Another Fantastic Four movie...

YA-Eeehhh-not sure about that one

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

great but...where's the trailer fox? you said before the end of the year of 2014 and its the second week of 2015...waiting. and im kinda done defending you on this film til then. antman and the last five years have replaced you as my most anticipated films of the year