Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 14

Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator

Hey all!

I know it's way early, but the more prep time I have, the cooler a costume I can make! I was wondering who I should cosplay next (for whichever convention I end up attending).

Here are my previous cosplays in chronological order: (Agent "!", the Séance, Calculator, Weather Wizard, Blue Beetle, Fire, Vera/Manchester Black, an Indigo Lantern, H.P. Lovecraft, Animal Man)

As you can see, I've come a long way since Agent "!". I was really happy with how my Animal Man costume turned out.

Anyway, the characters I've been considering have been Rocket Red, Herbert West, the Rainbow Raider, and the Dogwelder. I'm not really super keen on using any of them right now (though if I go to a horror con I'd use HW, and someday I'd like to make a super-epic metal or PVC Rocket Red).

I really, really want to hear your ideas. What would be a good cosplay for me? Carrie Kelly maybe? I really don't know. You certainly don't have to (and I'd actually prefer if you didn't) pick from the cosplays I listed.

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Decept-O

Out of the group you have listed, I'd say Dogwelder. Although I think you should try someone else instead of the characters you have listed.

Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator

@Decept-O: I'd love to hear who you have in mind. :)

The list was just stuff I came up with...I ended up using Animal Man instead. I'm not committed to any of the ideas.

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Decept-O

@Icarusflies: I have one character in mind but let me think about it and I will get back to you with a few suggestions if that is OK. Although Dogwelder out of this group would be the "easiest" to do and hilarious to boot....but some people might not find it too funny.

Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator

@Decept-O: Fair enough! :)

Yeah, I can see some people being very, very annoyed about Dogwelder...he's from a series that's pretty hit-or-miss, and without context that makes it worse.

Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator

@kfhrfdu_89_76k: Hm...Atrocitus is an interesting idea. Might be fun trying to figure out the blood.

kfhrfdu_89_76k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By kfhrfdu_89_76k

@Icarusflies:

Nah, would look too...Clunky, or something.

Maybe...Captain cold...?

Or some Green lantern. Or R2-D2. Or a female Calculator. Or Scarecrow. Johnny Sorrow. Corinthian. Larfleeze. Phantom stranger. The word. Gentle (wo)man ghost. A Starman. Darth Icarus (a guinea pig humanoid who dresses much like Darth Sidious).

Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator

@kfhrfdu_89_76k: It might...probably depends how I'd do it.

Hm...the only issue with a proper Captain Cold costume is I would absolutely roast in it. I almost passed out when I last wore a raincoat as part of a costume, I can't imagine what a parka would do.

Might be fun to try one of the more obscure Green Lanterns...Rot Lop Fan, or the blind Lantern who thinks it's the F-Sharp Bell corps.

R2 would involve sculpting skills I don't have unless I use cardboard.

I already WAS Calculator. I actually wore that one at a few conventions. :)

Scarecrow's overdone.

I've been thinking about how to do a Johnny Sorrow costume...might be a lot of fun if I can construct it properly to make the mask appear empty (using a chest compartment for MY head).

Ooh, Corinthian! That would be sooo cool! If I could paint my eyelids...YES.

Larfleeze would involve too much prosthetic stuff. And orange paint. Yech. Still it would be cool if I could pull it off.

Meh. I'm boycotting the series at the moment, don't want to seem like I support it.

Maybe a touch TOO obscure for cosplay. Would be fun though.

Don't think I could pull Gentleman Ghost off, it really wouldn't work unless I can suspend the hat + monocle with wires.

Starman...now THAT'S an idea. I know where to get things that are good as staffs, and I could make some sweet goggles....

Haha, that's cute. xD

And I see someone was going through my favorites list....;)

Thanks for the ideas, I'll seriously consider 'em.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Captain Cold!

umbrafeline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 20

#11  Edited By umbrafeline

rainbow raider would be fabulousss

Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: Actually...if I stuck an ice pack on my neck, I could probably pull that off without roasting/getting heat stroke. Worked once when I had to wear a giant dragon costume under stage lights, should work here! :)

@umbrafeline: Rainbow Raider is always fabulous. He's Rainbow Raider. :)

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

@Icarusflies: Do it!

umbrafeline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By umbrafeline

@Icarusflies said:

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: Actually...if I stuck an ice pack on my neck, I could probably pull that off without roasting/getting heat stroke. Worked once when I had to wear a giant dragon costume under stage lights, should work here! :)

@umbrafeline: Rainbow Raider is always fabulous. He's Rainbow Raider. :)

lol, im going to try for a queen angella outfit. as soon as i either buy a pair of large wings or have someone make the wings and a harness to allow me to 'spread my wings' to go with them. but the latter is very expensive though

Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator

@umbrafeline: WHOA, cool!!!! You can maybe find some tutorials on how to make a harness online. :)

I think there are actually a bunch on Deviantart.

umbrafeline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By umbrafeline

@Icarusflies: actually buying a large set or having them made will set me back a pretty penny but i will look on deviant for harness making, dont know how im going to cough up the feathers though