Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

FigureZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Origins was a terrific game. I am starting to think the only reason some people hate on Origins is that it had the poor luck to come after Arkham City which was a perfect game, this makes Origins flaws appear more prominent.

Agreed its a lot like The Dark Knight Rises a fantastic film but it came after the arguably best comic book movie ever so it can never live up to its predecessor.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#103  Edited By Lvenger

So this big Arkham announcement comes out tomorrow right?

flazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 52

I don't like it how they all have arkham in the name

nightwing817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By nightwing817

Please just don't be some dumb dlc

deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

So this big Arkham announcement comes out tomorrow right?

Yup

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-627010180bd2d
deactivated-627010180bd2d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do all the Batman games have to have Arkham in the title now? Arkham Knight sounds a little odd.

Yes, because they're all part of the Arkham series.

Avatar image for deadpool_is_better_than_you
Deadpool_is_better_than_you

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My uncle works at Nintendo he told me Pikachu evolves into a legendary shhh don't tell anyone

Looking forward to this game, hopefully its on PC because I don't plan to get next gen consoles anytime soon

Thitiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Thitiki

As long as Joker isn't brought back from the dead, I'm in.

Think he might come back somehow? I mean he is the most iconic villain of the series.

MatteoPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They have to learn from Assassin's Creed. If you are going to make a lot of games in a quick succession to build a series, you have to introduce new stuff in each.

In every game in AC there is something new, if not only for the very elaborate setting, but also they try to introduce new mechanics and new sub-experiences.

The three Arkham games felt like one very awesome, very long game, but I think they need to make the next one feel like a new game.

flazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 52

#114  Edited By flazam
Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathstroke19: So do you know what the trailer coming out tonight is about if your uncle is privy to some of Rocksteady's plans for the next Batman game?

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thitiki: It wouldn't surprise me. They can just sweep aside logic and what was a very fitting demise to bring him back from the dead as he is a fan favorite. After all money is involved and that trumps artistic integrity.

bigtewell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Origins wasnt made by rocksteady. That being said origins has turned me away from the series with crap multiplayer constant game crashing bugs every (and i mean EVERY) single time you play and by reusing the same map as city. Also whats the point of fast travel if the wait to use it and the loading screen take longer than actually grappling there?

I have hope for this game since it is rock steady again but im not going to be 100% supportive and forgiving of origins

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwalser3: but origins was made by a different company so its not exactly like rocksteady is just pushing out game after game.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@martianmanhunterisbetterthancy: I really dont think that is a good idea. Rocksteady is good at making batman games- which involve stealth, combat, gadgets, platforming and other things that have nothing to do with other heroes. They should have a different company make those games, not Rocksteady. The gameplay in batman games is totally different from what would be in any of the games you mentioned

14NC3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#121  Edited By 14NC3

I hope there's a new villain and no more Joker. He was brilliant in all the other games including origins but it'd be stupid if they somehow bring him back. I hope Prometheus takes the main villain role for the knew one. If they bring him in even if it's not a major role i'll be reaaallly excited. I gave Arkham Origins a 6/7 out of 10, it was fun but I had no-where near as fun as when I played the first two. I'm not saying that it's going to be bad and you lot shouldn't be either since there isn't the tiniest bit of material out.

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: Combat, gadgets, platforming, etc. That all sounds like stuff that can easily be used for characters like Wonder Woman or Green Arrow.

bee14ish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By bee14ish
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

nightwing817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bee14ish: when they pull their heads out of their a-holes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Diana can fly so no platforming for her and i believe her only gadget is her lasso, correct me if i am wrong. As for combat oliver fights different than batman so they would have to change the moves and tone them down a little, since he isnt as athletic as batman. Diana is a powerhouse so her combat would be different entirely. She would only need to use her skills and defend herself against other gods. They would also have to make a shooting mechanic for olivers arrows

deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Sorry, I don't understand your question.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathstroke19: I was talking about whether you knew anything about the Arkham Origins New Year's Eve DLC announcement. Sorry for not being clearer.

Avatar image for averageinsanity
AverageInsanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

nightwing817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think these Arkham Knight rumors are true. The website doesn't say who their sources are and it isn't an entirely credible site. Plus they already used this name in one of their domains from a year ago, and it has since disappeared. I would wait until sometime this month until more domains from WB pops up until we are certain.

christiansava1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwalser3: dude if arkham city came out in 2011 this means that rocksteady has had three years to make a perfect arkham game. think about it. arkham city which was amazing was a 2 year production.

Imagine_Man15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really sort of wish that Origins hadn't come out. It makes a proper City sequel feel... less important, somehow.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@martianmanhunterisbetterthancy: Not really. And even if it was people would complain that the games are the same as the arkham games. They need to have different gameplay, and rocksteady isnt the company for it, they do batman

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwalser3: dude if arkham city came out in 2011 this means that rocksteady has had three years to make a perfect arkham game. think about it. arkham city which was amazing was a 2 year production.

Holy shit look at the date I posted it. I'm done with this thread.

DoctorXander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

They've gotta do Arkham State, then Arkham Country, then Arkham Planet, then Arkham Galaxy, then Arkham Universe before they start thinking about other titles

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I hope Calendar Man is the lead villain.

hyperbertha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not bothered with origins and I don't really think I ever will be, even less now if they are just going to keep cranking them out every few years

Eh? Every few years is okay. Just don't go call of duty.

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

@omega_ray_jay said:

Not bothered with origins and I don't really think I ever will be, even less now if they are just going to keep cranking them out every few years

Eh? Every few years is okay. Just don't go call of duty.

That's always a risk though, that they could milk it till its dry

ChildoftheAtom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm so psyched for more rocksteady. I'm kinda 50/50 on JLA but after playing all the games batman is definatly in there league. But with scarecrow, hush, and azrael plots he doesn't need them story wise.

Why does dc get all the cool shows and video games !!? All marvel gets is the avengers show, ultimate alliance games and some late 90's tv shows

hyperbertha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm so psyched for more rocksteady. I'm kinda 50/50 on JLA but after playing all the games batman is definatly in there league. But with scarecrow, hush, and azrael plots he doesn't need them story wise.

Why does dc get all the cool shows and video games !!? All marvel gets is the avengers show, ultimate alliance games and some late 90's tv shows

Well the ultimate alliance games are really good aren't they? So are the x men legends games. Name one decent dc rpg.

ChildoftheAtom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nightwing817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After about a month to think about whether I would truly want another Batman game I've come to the conclusion that I don't. As much as I love Batman, I just don't want this franchise to get too stale. Origins already made it stale for me, and I feel that another Arkham, next gen or not, will make me want to forget about any future installments. People may say that "oh Rocksteady didn't make Origins though" but it doesn't matter. It's still as much a part of the franchise as the others. You can only go so far with the system that Rocksteady built, and I believe that time has come. Give them a fresh IP that is different from Batman. Don't say they should do Green Arrow or Nightwing or Deathstroke because that's just more of the same. Give them Superman or Green Lantern. Let them do the impossible again.

redleader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@v_scarlotte_rose: asylum made sence city was given a good yet forced reason yet I find origins not that great of a name as it is misleading so I think they should name it something else but titles like I don't know arkham asylum then a some other name instead of trying a name that explaines the place exactly.

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By Gambit474

I loved Origins..I think Arkham City is highly overrated and people praise it far too much. Was it a good game? Yes,but it hardly felt like some grand defining masterpiece that its fanboys are trying to make it sound. I liked Origins because it was a breath of fresh air to see how Batman acted when he was still new to his "job" and not to mention it felt kind of synchronized in that Batman Zero Year was still going on in the books so it's like you're getting his early career in the game and books at the same time. Joker's representation in Origins was superior to Asylum and City imo because whereas in City/Asylum he was just kind of there doing what he usually does..In origins he was actually showing why he was dangerous and it was interesting to see how he affected Batman's psyche.

I also enjoyed how the detective scenes felt more prominent in Origins than they did the other 2 games.

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am 60% sure that it is Scarecrow who is Arkham Knight, or The Joker

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am 60% sure that it is Scarecrow who is Arkham Knight, or The Joker

It was said that the Arkham Knight is a completely new and exclusive made up antagonist in the Arkham series. I highly doubt its someone we already know.