Reviews: 8

User Lists: 52

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

After Origins, who cares? Feels like the Arkham series is going to be like Call of Duty or Assassins Creed. Having a new game pumped out every year or another

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

Do all the Batman games have to have Arkham in the title now? Arkham Knight sounds a little odd.

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I don't see what Origins has to do with this considering it wasn't developed by Rocksteady.

Anyway, if that is the real title I think it's better than Arkham World, Arkham County or whatever other thing people made up, I just hope the whole Arkham thing doesn't become an artifact title, even Arkham Origins made sense if you sticked through the credits.

Do all the Batman games have to have Arkham in the title now? Arkham Knight sounds a little odd.

Well, yeah, it is the Arkham series after all. You gotta connect all games, otherwise some people may not know they're part of the same series.

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

Not bothered with origins and I don't really think I ever will be, even less now if they are just going to keep cranking them out every few years

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

#7  Edited By Black_Claw

Hopefully the scarecrow will play a huge role in this game since there were Easter eggs of him all throughout Arkham City.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Posted by jwalser3 (3969 posts) - 48 minutes, 2 seconds ago - Show Bio

After Origins, who cares? Feels like the Arkham series is going to be like Call of Duty or Assassins Creed. Having a new game pumped out every year or another

This. Ill wait and see on this one

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwalser3 said:

uh oh

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 rogueshadow  Moderator

Why do people hate on Origins, it wasn't mind-blowing, but it was a good game, and it wasn't even Rocksteady. Rocksteady will blow us away on next-gen.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwalser3 said:

I think you're actually one of the few who doesn't care. Arkham City left tons of hints for what could be an incredible sequel. Origins wasn't made by Rocksteady and that's why that game was cheap and "pumped out."

They only have 3 games out right now and you're already comparing them to Call of Duty. You're exaggerating like crazy.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They only have 3 games out right now and you're already comparing them to Call of Duty. You're exaggerating like crazy.

Already having a game on the way after a game was already released is what Call of Duty does. It's not an out of this world comparison.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TazzMission

wait is this by the real rocksteady or is it done by the people who did orgins? i thought they were 2 different developers no?

oh wait its only for next gen so pass since im not dropping money on a system to just play one new title

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

...I wasn't disappointed with Arkham Origins at all. I thought it was the best depiction of joker in the series. But I do think they should give it a rest for a while.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TazzMission

...I wasn't disappointed with Arkham Origins at all. I thought it was the best depiction of joker in the series. But I do think they should give it a rest for a while.

bahahahahaha yea right. there going to milk it just like every other franchise. i didnt play orgins but i hear mixed reviews

nightwing817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They need to take a break from Batman. The franchise is gonna get stale.

Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Origins was a terrific game. I am starting to think the only reason some people hate on Origins is that it had the poor luck to come after Arkham City which was a perfect game, this makes Origins flaws appear more prominent.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*cough* Flash game *cough*

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwalser3 said:

@nightwing817 said:

*cough* Flash game *cough*

i want the god darn rumored silver age jla game that was mentioned last year

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20  Edited By Kal'smahboi

@tazzmission: Well, I liked it. It ended sort of suddenly, but it's a good game. And, like I said, they did Joker the best.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tazzmission: Well, I liked it. It ended sort of suddenly, but it's a good game. And, like I said, they did Joker the best.

meh sadly im done with gaming. i dont know if its because im older or if i just lost interest or i just hate where its going or all of the above.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwalser3 said:

@silverpool said:

Already having a game on the way after a game was already released is what Call of Duty does. It's not an out of this world comparison.

It's not like Rocksteady and WB Montreal have been making Arkham games back and forth for the last 10 years. They haven't cheaply recycled every aspect of a single game multiple times over. The only case of it happening is Origins, it's unfair to suddenly call Arkham games the next Call of Duty franchise.

And going by the hints in City, the continuation of the story after City will probably be the finale of the series. Origins was just something to throw out there between the release of City and it's sequel.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TazzMission

@silverpool said:

@jwalser3 said:

@silverpool said:

It's not like Rocksteady and WB Montreal have been making Arkham games back and forth for the last 10 years. They haven't cheaply recycled every aspect of a single game multiple times over. The only case of it happening is Origins, it's unfair to suddenly call Arkham games the next Call of Duty franchise.

And going by the hints in City, the continuation of the story after City will probably be the finale of the series. Origins was just something to throw out there between the release of City and it's sequel.

teh i dont think this franchise will end after this game. if anything we may see spinoffs. kind of like mass effect. originally a trilogy and now mass effect 4 is in production with a rumor of a reveal sometime next year. as much as i love mass effect for me it ended with shepard and the new game has nothing to do with that particular charachter or crew. and just because it has the title mass effect on it dosent mean i will simply go out and drop money on it let alone a next gen system to play it on. thats why i feel halo ( wich im not a fan of) is kind of on a slippery slope. its just being milked beyond belief

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silverpool said:

@jwalser3 said:

@silverpool said:

teh i dont think this franchise will end after this game. if anything we may see spinoffs. kind of like mass effect. originally a trilogy and now mass effect 4 is in production with a rumor of a reveal sometime next year. as much as i love mass effect for me it ended with shepard and the new game has nothing to do with that particular charachter or crew. and just because it has the title mass effect on it dosent mean i will simply go out and drop money on it let alone a next gen system to play it on. thats why i feel halo ( wich im not a fan of) is kind of on a slippery slope. its just being milked beyond belief

While I don't think Arkham is going to go down that route, I do agree with you on Halo and Mass Effect. Halo 4 was basically redesigned enemies and levels off the first Halo, with a different story, and Mass Effect... I have no interest in that series anymore.

deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My Uncle is a video game designer and he's worked on Gears of War, Mortal Kombat, a lot of mobile games, and part of Origins. He also has a lot of friends that have been working a more major part in the Arkham series so he gets a ton of info about the games a year before they come out. I'm not allowed to say what he tells me but so far what their planning sounds AWESOME!!! Plans can always change though so it might not stay the way it is but man if it does... It's going to be great and like something you've never experienced before in Arkham.

I will say that with the plans right now.... Scarecrow is in it and.... Hamill is back.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My Uncle is a video game designer and he's worked on Gears of War, Mortal Kombat, a lot of mobile games, and part of Origins. He also has a lot of friends that have been working a more major part in the Arkham series so he gets a ton of info about the games a year before they come out. I'm not allowed to say what he tells me but so far what their planning sounds AWESOME!!! Plans can always change though so it might not stay the way it is but man if it does... It's going to be great and like something you've never experienced before in Arkham.

I will say that with the plans right now.... Scarecrow is in it and.... Hamill is back.

Yeah and We have to believe because...?

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwalser3 said:

What do you mean?

Origins is just a spin off of the series.

2009 Arkham asylum

2011 Arkham city

2014 Arkham knight

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

Hmm I'll wait and see, I'm not sure if I care to go through it all again

deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By deathstroke19

@black_arrow:

You don't. I'm leaving that to you to decide. Although I don't see why I would lie about something like this but hey... Its your opinion not mine.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Amusing how people who hate or Origins have never played it for themselves. Logic right?

Anyways, I couldn't really care less for the title but I am intrigued by what Rocksteady will do this time around. They've had roughly three years to dabble around so they must have something huge planned. I'm assuming it'll continue off of Hush's last interaction with Batman during City.

jackbensley777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flazam: im excited! i just beet it last night, of course i have a bunch of mini other stuff to do. The only big problem i have with arkham origins is gotham feels so small and not city like. It does not look or feel like a city. I also wished we got more outa the other assasins in the story, you beat deathstroke early on in the game and that makes him feel like a chump after everything else you endure throughout it. They made deathstroke dlc and everything and he was more insignificant than firefly.

deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By deathstroke19

@deranged_midget:

That's EXTREMELY possible. Especially with what my uncle is telling me.

I never even thought about the Hush part but with what their planning it sounds like that's what's going to happen.

VoodooPenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathstroke19: You're the kid in 3rd grade who tells people that his uncle works at Nintendo.

deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

VoodooPenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Evidently one can't trust everything one hears over the Internet but the way I see it, none of us have any reason to lie about what we say so for now, I'm very interested in these tid bits of information. Particularly with Hush playing a role in this next Arkham game. Is this the game developed by Rocksteady then since Origins was handled by WB games?

Avatar image for spinningbirdcake
spinningbirdcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By spinningbirdcake

Duuuuuuuumb name. Kind of burnt out on these games so they'll have to do a lot to get my interest.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Deranged Midget

@deranged_midget:

That's EXTREMELY possible. Especially with what my uncle is telling me.

I never even thought about the Hush part but with what their planning it sounds like that's what's going to happen.

Yeah, it seems plausible and they really need to move away from focusing on the Joker. I'd like to see Hush take centre stage or even someone unlikely like Freeze despite a moderate and uneasy alliance through City for a while. Additionally, I really hope the game isn't an open world Gotham. But if they do it right, I may change my mind.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By jwalser3

@jwalser3 said:

After Origins, who cares? Feels like the Arkham series is going to be like Call of Duty or Assassins Creed. Having a new game pumped out every year or other

What do you mean?

Origins is just a spin off of the series.

2009 Arkham asylum

2011 Arkham city

2014 Arkham knight

I meant either every year or biyearly. Much like how AC started out...

Okay, you're really over reacting over the whole Call of Duty comment. It's not unfair because with Origins out, they already have a game planned for next year? This is how Assassins Creed started out. While I do enjoy the games. City is just a bigger version of Asylum, combat is still the same, sure new gadgets and such. But over both games are pretty similar. Small changes don't make a brand new and independent game.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As long as Joker isn't brought back from the dead, I'm in.

deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Yeah. Rocksteady is at the wheel. And I'm glad you agree.... I have no reason to lie and it's still possible that they don't do anything my uncle is telling me but right now that is the plan.

deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@risingbean: ....Yikes. @deranged_midget: As of now its open world and bigger then everything else they've done it could be absolutely terrible but on next gen consoles the graphics will be so great the game will look to good to be bad lol. But like i said.... Plans could change. @voodoopenguin: Lol alright.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

Damn just name it Gotham.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathstroke19: You assume that it'll be open world? I'm curious as how you know that it will be. Even if it was on 360/PS3, I don't think they'd have much trouble handling an open world considering what Sleeping Dogs, Red Dead Redemption, GTA V and many more managed to create.

nightwing817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwalser3: correct me if I'm wrong but I think rocksteady and WB purchased the cancelled Superman and from Factor 5 and the cancelled Flash game. If I were them I would just tweak some things and just finish the games and get those franchises rolling. WB recently bought a bunch of studios, so why not have all five of them working on different franchises so they could have a new AAA game out every year. It would make sense to me, and they surely have the money for it.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightwing817: Because it'd be the same crap as before. Releasing a squeal to a game, next year just shows how little effort they put in the game.

deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deranged_midget: Not assume, I know. My uncle has told me but once again.... Like i said..... Plans can change so nothing is set in stone. Oh and i never said they would have trouble with it, I was saying that no matter what its going to be awesome.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deranged_midget: Not assume, I know. My uncle has told me but once again.... Like i said..... Plans can change so nothing is set in stone. Oh and i never said they would have trouble with it, I was saying that no matter what its going to be awesome.

Interesting, and your Uncle works for Rocksteady? Just for safety's sake, I don't think it'd be the best thing to lay out these details :P

nightwing817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By nightwing817

@jwalser3: well no I meant that with those two extra franchises, they would have a rotation of three solid AAA franchises and they could release. It would go something like:

2014- Release game from Batman: Arkham Franchise

2015- release game from Superman Franchise

2016- release game from Flash franchise.

It would give each franchise 3 years of development time, which is enough to make a great AAA game.

nightwing817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathstroke19: why don't you just tell us everything your uncle has told you about the game so far.