Newspaper as Backing for Comic Boxes?

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By Raw_Material

Hey wat's up fellow comic collectors and fanboys alike, jus wondering if crumpled up newspaper is of good enough quality/material for it to be used as a backing for your current comic box, so that your comics don't fall backwards and cress the issues. Let me know, as I'm really curious if you can do so and not harm or damage the issues and it's bag. Thanks again for all your feedbacks, comments and follows!

p.s. Is it more appropriate to start stacking your issues of comics from the front of the box or the back of it?

Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator

@ckuakini: It should be fine if you have all the comics bagged/boarded, but I think newspaper might be too acidic to keep directly against the comics. If you're not using boards, it's probably best to invest in some rather than trying the newspaper.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Boards would be best.

Honestly, I've resorted to using hard, cube-shaped plastic... things. I once used the thing my PS3 controller came in, and that was a decent temporary fix (note: the comic I had leaning against it was boarded).

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Raw_Material

@JediXMan: yeah, I no that. But what if the boards don't fit in the long comic boxes and have to rely on just the bags to keep the collected issues in near mint condition.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@ckuakini said:

@JediXMan: yeah, I no that. But what if the boards don't fit in the long comic boxes and have to rely on just the bags to keep the collected issues in near mint condition.

What? Why wouldn't they fit? The boards are just slightly bigger than your average comic. They should fit in standard comic boxes very nicely.

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Raw_Material

@JediXMan: The issues with the boards, they don't bend or touch the top of the boxes cover? I'm talking more of the Midtown Bag & Boards.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@ckuakini said:

@JediXMan: The issues with the boards, they don't bend or touch the top of the boxes cover? I'm talking more of the Midtown Bag & Boards.

Yeah, those are fine. It's a standard size for all. Boards will fit in the bags perfectly.

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Raw_Material

@JediXMan: niceee..sounds good man, thanks for the heads up. I now have my issues with bags & boards in the comic box given enough space from touching the top cover of the lid. Great backing for the issues in the box and keeps the issues without them more alined.

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Raw_Material

Can anyone tell me if newspaper material is of good enough quality for it to be used as a backing for the issues in my current comic box.