• 78 results
Posted by k4tzm4n (39496 posts) - - Show Bio

It's a big week if you're stoked for Bryan Singer's X-Men: Days of Future Past. First, Empire Magazine unveiled 25 different covers for the movie, and now Empire has released four new stills. It's nothing we haven't really seen before, but it's still cool to get a better look at each character and all that. Enjoy.

Viners, have all the new images from Empire made you even more excited for the movie or are you feeling kind of "meh" about it? Don't be shy, let us know what you think below.

X-Men: Days of Future Past opens May 23, 2014.

Source: Empire Online

Staff
#1 Posted by knightofthechronicle (678 posts) - - Show Bio

So this movie's taking place before Origins? Here I was thinking it was afterwards.

#2 Edited by k4tzm4n (39496 posts) - - Show Bio

@knightofthechronicle said:

So this movie's taking place before Origins? Here I was thinking it was afterwards.

Edit: Never mind. I saw Origins and immediately thought you meant First Class (I still view it as X-Men Origins: First Class), not Wolverine's first solo movie.

Staff
#3 Posted by G-Man (31838 posts) - - Show Bio
Staff
#4 Edited by Cassius_Knightfall (7876 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: He probably through that based on the bone claws. But its actually post second wolverine film.

#5 Posted by cobra88king8 (339 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by CoryNick (49 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope it's good but I'm kinda "meh"

#7 Posted by Cloudguy (212 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope this movie will be good, and not like X-men: Last stand.

#8 Posted by sagejonathan (1911 posts) - - Show Bio

@corynick said:

I hope it's good but I'm kinda "meh"

I feel the same way.

#9 Posted by SupremeHyperion (1523 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, if you saw the end clip after the Wolverine you would see Xavier and Mags talking to Logan in the airport, think this movie follows that. I'm still pretty interested in the film although after seeing the magazine covers earlier in the week I'm a little sketched out by how bad they have portrayed some of these characters (found it funny how on Warpath's cover it says under his name "and he can fly...really?).

But I guess if Blink is in it I can look past the hundreds of bad things that worry me lol

#10 Edited by inferiorego (22646 posts) - - Show Bio

@cloudguy said:

It'll be hard to be as bad as that film

Staff
#11 Posted by War Killer (20109 posts) - - Show Bio

I looking forward to this movie. Just the idea of having the cast from the original X-Movies with the cast from First Class gets me excited.

#12 Edited by Wolverine08 (40793 posts) - - Show Bio

Bone claws!

#13 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Do you even lift?

#14 Posted by AllStarSuperman (21461 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by HexThis (892 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks great, although I feel like Ellen Page got cast because she was a momentary it-girl after Juno. The casting just looks ridiculous now. I'm most excited for all the Mystique stuff.

#17 Posted by knightofthechronicle (678 posts) - - Show Bio

@g_man: @k4tzm4n: You guys called First Class X-Men Origins: First Class?

#18 Posted by G-Man (31838 posts) - - Show Bio
Staff
#19 Posted by Vitalius (1750 posts) - - Show Bio

Boo. No Banshee or Syrin.

#20 Posted by cattlebattle (12675 posts) - - Show Bio

(found it funny how on Warpath's cover it says under his name "and he can fly...really?).

Warpath used to be able to fly in the early 2000s.

@hexthis said:

I feel like Ellen Page got cast because she was a momentary it-girl after Juno.\

Ellen Page was Kitty Pryde in X-Men 3, before she was in Juno.

#21 Posted by knightofthechronicle (678 posts) - - Show Bio

@g_man: Fine, it was just @k4tzm4n, but it really doesn't matter. The movie's going to be great but I was just confused over the time period.

#22 Posted by movieartman (1098 posts) - - Show Bio

@cloudguy said:

wolverine origins made it seem easy

#23 Posted by westy206 (589 posts) - - Show Bio

it looks amazing. most excited i've been in a very long time.

#24 Edited by inferiorego (22646 posts) - - Show Bio

@inferiorego said:

@cloudguy said:

wolverine origins made it seem easy

Game. Set. Match.

Staff
#25 Posted by Wolverine08 (40793 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by daredevil21134 (11375 posts) - - Show Bio

no hype for this

#28 Posted by Jake Fury (18322 posts) - - Show Bio

Bone claws!

Man, I think the bone claws look way better live than the adamantium ones.

#29 Posted by sora_thekey (8159 posts) - - Show Bio

In the 25-Cover Gallery, past Wolverine has bone claws and present Wolverine has adamantium claws. Which suggest, present scenes post-The Wolverine and past scenes pre-X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

#30 Posted by AmazingWebHead (1818 posts) - - Show Bio

What is that weird temple the future X-Men are in, anyway?

#31 Posted by Jayc1324 (11161 posts) - - Show Bio

So when exactly is this movie taking place? I thought it was after the one with wolvie in asia?

#32 Edited by Fallen_Crippled (6442 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish they would have had someone else play Kitty Pryde. I never liked Ellen Page as her. I'm really excited for this film, though... mainly because Blink is in it.

#33 Posted by Lykida (182 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a bad feeling about this movie.

The trailer wasn't exactly spectacular and most of the Empire covers weren't either. The only characters that at least look really cool to me so far are both Magnetos, Iceman (best of the Empire covers), Mystique and of course Wolverine, because Hugh Jackman has basically become Wolverine in the past decade.

First Class was such a fresh new start. I feel it might be a mistake to mix the two casts, because honestly, as a longtime X-Men fan, the first three movies messed some key characters up pretty badly...

#34 Posted by Cap10nate (2210 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm actually excited about this now. I watched First Class on TV last night. I forgot how good of a movie that actually was.

#35 Posted by SoA (4772 posts) - - Show Bio

i wish they had kitty go back and warn the first class about the sentinels, instead of wolverine .

#36 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (2895 posts) - - Show Bio

I still don't know about this movie, I'm still iffy on it.

#37 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

Stunningly dramatic group pose there guys.

#38 Edited by Phantim555 (229 posts) - - Show Bio

@knightofthechronicle: This movie technically takes place after X-3 and The Wolverine but also after First Class because of their time traveling element. The reason wolverine has bone claws in the photo is because that's the wolverine of the past before he signed up for the weapon X program with striker in Origins Wolverine (which I liked by the way minus barakapool) and got the adamantium claws. Future Wolverine however does have adamantium claws. However if you saw The Wolverine I'm still not sure as to how that's possible.

#39 Edited by Oscars94 (2461 posts) - - Show Bio

Mystique with a plastic gun? I wonder who she's after?!

#40 Edited by patrat18 (9467 posts) - - Show Bio

Outfits sucks.

#42 Posted by sentryman555 (759 posts) - - Show Bio

I really wish they would keep bobby in his ice form. Or really hope in his fights he turns into it more. The most disappointing thing in Last Stand for me was he only used the ice form for like 5 seconds.

#43 Posted by Ostyo (7417 posts) - - Show Bio

Couldn't care less.

#44 Posted by The Stegman (23813 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope it's good...but the X-Men film franchise has yet to impress me, their films range from mediocre to horrible.

#45 Posted by Perfect 10 (1009 posts) - - Show Bio

they will never live down the casting for sunspot. is it really that hard find a biracial actor hollywood, i mean come on.

#46 Edited by Metron144 (102 posts) - - Show Bio

"yeah the future sucks with all the sentinels killing everything, but don't worry, we still made ourselves matching black costumes."

#47 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: He probably through that based on the bone claws. But its actually post second wolverine film.

Couldn't it technically be before origins and after, due to time travel, it screws the continuity up a bit...once you hit time travel there's always questions, potential paradoxes, etc like if say when Logan goes to the past in this film, bone claw due to the events of The Wolverine, if say he prevented or did something to prevent that from happening would the events of the future wolverine happen or have changed? Always complicated with time travel lol. But looks good.

#48 Edited by Shallbecomeabattoo (366 posts) - - Show Bio

I am sorry, fellow X-fans, but everything we have seen so far from the movie looks HORRIBLE! I really don't have much hope that this will be any better than all the other X-films (which were all between ok and crap). Its sad, because done right, the X-men could be THE superhero team franchise.

I also don't get what Singer is still doing there. He seems to do the movie exactly the same way he did the first two, which was all right 10 years ago, but after the Dark Knight trilogy and Marvel Studios you have to do more than that. The trailer looked like for a TV pilot...

Still, as a fan of the characters I will see it in the theatre. I hope I will be wrong with my expectations, but I doubt it.

#49 Edited by Wolverine08 (40793 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08 said:

Bone claws!

Man, I think the bone claws look way better live than the adamantium ones.

The CGI around the adamantium claws has been spotty at times. I hope it can get better eventually.