No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Don't like the eyes on the more human face. It does its job in conveying emotion but at the same time looks silly.

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That pic showing his whole body is gonna be hella useful. Thanks for sharing.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I think Ultron may be some sort of robot.

Sebast_Allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't like the eyes on the more human face. It does its job in conveying emotion but at the same time looks silly.

I get what you mean, but at the same time, all of the 'perks' of having those eyes there outweigh it's look, which I think is brilliant.

Avatar image for theflippinggrayson
TheFlippingGrayson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Looks cool. Apart from the ears of course.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

I like all of it

Physcoreturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Physcoreturn

Thanks guys

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

I am a bigger fan of a more robotic looking Ultron, I really liked the way Ultron looked and was portrayed in Avengers: Earth Mightiest Heroes animated series.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

@darthaznable said:

I get what you mean, but at the same time, all of the 'perks' of having those eyes there outweigh it's look, which I think is brilliant.

I like it. It shows that Ultron is ironically trying to make himself look more human.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#11  Edited By Lvenger

@sebast_allen said:

@darthaznable said:

I like it. It shows that Ultron is ironically trying to make himself look more human.

This is why I like it too. And it makes sense with Ultron having Tony's brain patterns rather than Hank Pym's.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Claymore1998

@lvenger:

That’s an interesting perspective but a question begging to be asked is, if Ultron isn’t going with his humanity is inherently flawed shenanigans, what is going to motivate him to become a villain?

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

A robot made of metal in fact.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger:

That’s an interesting perspective but a question begging to be asked is, if Ultron isn’t going with his humanity is inherently flawed shenanigans, what is going to motivate him to become a villain?

Why wouldn't he be going with that motive? It's been said that Ultron is going to be Tony's pet world police project, imprinted with Tony's mind but none of his humanity, hence he'll see humanity as flawed due to seeing it from a purely technological and statistical perspective. For instance, that bit in the trailer where he says "You want to save the world but you don't want it to change" encapsulates Ultron's motives. He's mocking humanity as well as trying to destroy it.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@sebast_allen said:

@darthaznable said:

I agree with Jonny boy.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hate the teeth though. Michael Bay anyone?

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By johnfrank120
Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger:

It appears from the trailer that Ultron starts with a more robotic appearance evolving slowly towards a more humanized semblance.

In comics Ultron, barring one story arc with Bendis, has a robotic countenance because he dislikes humanity; but the movie seems to be taking liberty with Ultron's motivation and that his aversion for humanity might not be the primary stimulus for his action as it wouldn't logically fit his progression towards a more humanizing visage.

It would be interesting to see what they are going to do with him. It's evident that Ultron wants to change humanity but the whole detail on why he would partake in such endeavor seem unclear, I am interested on what your speculation on it might be.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@claymore1998: Well the movies are the epitome of the visual medium so you do have to take some liberties. With the comics and cartoons, you can keep Ultron's robotic demeanour intact. But with films, some suitable change has to be done. And this works within Ultron's character and motivations. I don't see why eradicating humanity wouldn't be Ultron's ultimate goal in AOU rather than changing it. There's loads of attacks on human cities and populations in the trailer.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger:

Could be, I still prefer the more robotic appearance though. I think that’s the appearance I have read the most about and I can't help but feel attached.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger:

Could be, I still prefer the more robotic appearance though. I think that’s the appearance I have read the most about and I can't help but feel attached.

Same here but Spader did a good enough job in the trailer to make me open to the idea that his slightly more human take on Ultron could work.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

InFamous_Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#24  Edited By InFamous_Wolf
TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

I love the way Ultron looks and so far what we have seen from the trailers I just can't wait to see the movie to come out.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger:

His voice also gets creepier as the trailer progresses, which I found pretty cool. I just want them to give a more logical and understandable motivation for Ultron. In comics his intentions are understandable, with humanity being fragile, weak, mortal and enchained with emotions Ultron wanted a more rational version of a world and he believed it would be the best outcome. His motivation while flawed made sense, at least to me. I really hope they do something similar to him in the movie.

I am tired of movies only paying attention to heroes and making villains forgettable, I prefer a movie where both side have reasonable basis for their respective action and while the general populace might not agree with the action of the antagonist, they should be able to relate with his way of thinking.

I really hope we get to see that rather than having an extremely powerful robot prancing around flaunting his invulnerability.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@claymore1998 said:

@lvenger:

Why wouldn't he be going with that motive? It's been said that Ultron is going to be Tony's pet world police project, imprinted with Tony's mind but none of his humanity, hence he'll see humanity as flawed due to seeing it from a purely technological and statistical perspective. For instance, that bit in the trailer where he says "You want to save the world but you don't want it to change" encapsulates Ultron's motives. He's mocking humanity as well as trying to destroy it.

Actually the way I see it is Ultron's motivation is that he want's to be a "real boy" be he knows he never will be, even with the strings cut he's still nothing more than a "tin man without a heart" so he lashes out at these "imperfect beings" who can't protect themselves while desperately wanting to be one.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually the way I see it is Ultron's motivation is that he want's to be a "real boy" be he knows he never will be, even with the strings cut he's still nothing more than a "tin man without a heart" so he lashes out at these "imperfect beings" who can't protect themselves while desperately wanting to be one.

Wow that's actually a pretty unique take on what his character might be. I would love to see something along that line.

10/10 for creativity to you sir.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

This.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Black_Arrow

Ultron in my view has always been a twisted version of his creator, in the comics it is Hank Pym. But because this Ultron was created by Tony, it has to be a twisted version of him. So this Ultron to me has to be different than what we have seen before.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

Wow that's actually a pretty unique take on what his character might be. I would love to see something along that line.

10/10 for creativity to you sir.

Haha thanks. Now I just want someone to do a trailer remix with a slowed down creepy version of this:

Loading Video...

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In my opinion, I like his more human face and voice. It shows he's actually a being with emotions and thoughts rather than just a robot that is static like Tony's normal armor's look. Also the somewhat-creepy scene of his partly-built body crushing the (I think Iron Patriot) armor's head was pretty awesome.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnfrank120 said:

@fallschirmjager said:

@captainmarvel4ever said:

I also think he is evil.

He may also be out to cause harm to the human population.

Just spitballing here, but I think he might even fight the Avengers at some point.

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the deformed/original one and the design in the 3rd to last picture.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By cattlebattle

@jonny_anonymous said:

@lvenger said:

@claymore1998 said:

@lvenger:

Yes. That is the irony of the character of Ultron. Although he finds humanity inadequate in their ability to govern themselves and their planet, and he sees himself as a more efficient mean to an end, he still has base human desires (an obsession with Wasp) and sort of desires to be human himself.....it could be seen as a similarity to the monster character in Mary Shelleys Frankenstein novel. Its a result of being patterned after a human mind and is what, on several occasions, has lead to his defeat in story arcs.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

Anyone else notice that the Iron Man suit he was in was damaged around the eyes and mouth to look like his classic face? (The face he should have)

Truly Holmes, you never cease to amaze me.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@claymore1998: Marvel are the ones who are more guilty of this sadly. Their heroes and supporting cast are top notch but their villains? Only Loki and Obadiah Stane can be considered quality villains. Thanos might be something special based on his cameo but it's not his time to shine yet. Ultron's brief appearance has got me hoping that he'll be the MU's best villain yet. It's certainly looking like we'll get more than "an extremely powerful robot prancing around flaunting his invulnerability." Speaking of which, do you think Ultron will be getting an all vibranium body? It's a rumour going round atm due to adamantium being owned by Fox.

@lvenger said:

@claymore1998 said:

@lvenger:

Damn gotta give you major kudos for creative plausibility as always Jonny. That's something that I can see happening and would be damn cool addition to Ultron's motivations.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I absolutely like the design.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@lvenger: Just adds that much more depth imo

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

Wouldn't say these are new... They're just screen caps from the trailer, and one of the pictures isn't even of Ultron.

TysonCage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By TysonCage

@lvenger said:

@claymore1998 said:

@lvenger:

Holy crap. You've just described a Marvel villain besides Loki that I'd really care about. lol Jokes aside, that sounds like a really nice mix of motivations for the standard Ultron story.

I've got no problems with the Ultron's appearance in the teaser. I'm not convinced that's his final form. Even if it is, if that "I've got no strings on me" speech means anything to his motivation and the theme of the movie in any way, like jonny said, I've got no problems with petty appearances. Can't wait for the next trailer.

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So dope...

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger:

Ultron has to get an all vibranium body, after all invulnerability has been one of his defining traits in comics. He has to be a threat to the Avengers as a whole , with the two new addition and a possible addition of Vision.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Lvenger

@claymore1998: And it'll introduce Wakanda and Black Panther into the MCU.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords said:

@infamous_wolf said:
@johnfrank120 said:

@fallschirmjager said:

I also think he is evil.

He may also be out to cause harm to the human population.

Just spitballing here, but I think he might even fight the Avengers at some point.

Ok Ok, you guys are stretching things wayyy to much, those are some pretty far fetched theories

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

I think they got the balance right between staying true to the original look and making him work in live-action.