Avatar image for dancurtisthompson
dancurtisthompson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By dancurtisthompson

Hi! I'm new to comic books, but I have grown up with the characters via cartoons, movies, video games etc. I am really interested in getting started but I don't really know what is a good place to begin... The characters I am really interested in are Hulk, Thor, Iron-man, Spider-man, Batman, Black Canary/Green Arrow, Aquaman, Martian Manhunter and Venom. I'm sure there are more, but those are the ones in my immediate mind. I know about the New 52 series and I am beginning with them and really enjoying them (espescially the Aquaman and Nightwing ones). If anyone could help me by just throwing out a few names to some series that would be a good starter point, I would be very appreciative. Thanks for any help!

Katie24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Katie24

I would recommend picking up Batman: Year One and Green Arrow: Year One. My favorite Thor story is The Mighty Thor Disassembled by Michael Avon Oeming, you might want to check that out. Batman: The Killing Joke by Alan Moore is one of the greatest Batman stories of all time. I would also recommend Batman: Hush by Jeph Loeb, Jim Lee and Scott Williams. I've heard a lot of good things about Amazing Spider-Man vol 1: Coming Home by J. Michael Straczynski.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By TDK_1997

Hulk:Planet Hulk,World War Hulk and everything else after that almost.

Iron Man:Extremis,Director of S.H.I.E.L.D,World's Most Wanted,Resilient.

Spider-Man:a lot of things.

Batman:Batman Year One,The Killing Joke,A death in the Family,Morrison's run.