New TMNT movie!

Avatar image for the_last_kryptonian
the_last_kryptonian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

A first look at the new and upcoming TMNT movie. Anyone excited?

TMNT Movie

It looks pretty nice to me. I like how they have very muscular builds, it seems more realistic. I'm also digging the samurai type armor.

RIKR2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

the only problem i have is that Shredder is not Japanese :S ... so are they going to change the name Oroku Saki???

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Not sure about this movie.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: Why not? Because of "Ooh lord it has Michael Bay *facepalm* he's pure badness because the common consensus says so!"?

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm actually pumped for the movie

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MonsterStomp

@dondave said:

I'm actually pumped for the movie

Yeah same aye.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@rikr2 said:

the only problem i have is that Shredder is not Japanese :S ... so are they going to change the name Oroku Saki???

I thought they had changed his name.

Master_Thief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

@rikr2 said:

No Oraku Saki is there this "white" guy will be a follower and take the foot ninja of new york and turn them into a balck ops team to defeat the turtles. He fails and Saki sends karai to finish the job

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

@jonny_anonymous said:

@rikr2 said:

No Oraku Saki is there this "white" guy will be a follower and take the foot ninja of new york and turn them into a balck ops team to defeat the turtles. He fails and Saki sends karai to finish the job

So you mean they are going to pull a Ras Al Ghul?

RIKR2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By RIKR2

@jonny_anonymous said:

@rikr2 said:

really?? thats not bad but i think a read that William Fichtner (btw great actor but i dont like the idea of him as the shredder) was cast to play the real Shredder not a follower

RIKR2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just hope they make Shredder a kicking ass machine! and not a lame dude .. i hate how Megatron was just impresive in the first movie in the other 2 he was a wuss (that make me really sad) :(

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Poor TMNT what has Michael Bay done to you?
Poor TMNT what has Michael Bay done to you?

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: Why not? Because of "Ooh lord it has Michael Bay *facepalm* he's pure badness because the common consensus says so!"?

Michael Bay isn't someone whom make me jump to see a movie in the first place, and the guy whose directing this whole thing, Jonathan Liebsman doesn't have a track record that would predict this being a good movie either really.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've never been the biggest fan of TMNT but I'm actually excited for this movie.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've never been the biggest fan of TMNT but I'm actually excited for this movie.

No Caption Provided

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee said:

No Caption Provided

Meaning I don't read the comics or watch the cartoons or buy the toys but I like them, no hate at all.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08 said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

No Caption Provided

Meaning I don't read the comics or watch the cartoons or buy the toys but I like them, no hate at all.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! WATCH THE CARTOONS!

INFIDEL!

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee said:

@wolverine08 said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

No Caption Provided

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! WATCH THE CARTOONS!

INFIDEL!

I don't have the time man, I live a busy life

No Caption Provided

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee said:

No Caption Provided

You know how am I suppose to feel unique if you also use Hawkeye? Don't you already have a superhero you stand by?

No Caption Provided

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By kidchipotle

@wolverine08 said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

No Caption Provided

You know how am I suppose to feel unique if you also use Hawkeye? Don't you already have a superhero you stand by?

No Caption Provided

Wolvie likes to steal peoples gimmicks. nyuk nyuk nyuk

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08 said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

I take motivation from others :D

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Master_Thief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rikr2: @jonny_anonymous: no they're pulling a Trevor Slattery and there is an oroku saki the real shredder but fitchner is just using the name shredder

RIKR2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: @monsterstomp: @monsterstomp: @the_last_kryptonian:

My god are you guys insane? . The facial designs look horrible. Like they are mutated green babies. everything about the trailer was decent until they showed Michelangelo take off his damn mask. That right there ruined the whole thing for me. The turtles never take off their mask. They screwed up their look way to badly. You can't overlook that I'm s sorry you can't if you're a true fan.

Avatar image for the_last_kryptonian
the_last_kryptonian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My god are you guys insane? . The facial designs look horrible. Like they are mutated green babies. everything about the trailer was decent until they showed Michelangelo take off his damn mask. That right there ruined the whole thing for me. The turtles never take off their mask. They screwed up their look way to badly. You can't overlook that I'm s sorry you can't if you're a true fan.

"Mutated green babies."

They're mutant ninja turtles...designed to look semi human. What do you expect them to look like?

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Guardiandevil83

@those_eyes: The Turtles have removed their mask. Also they are humanoid mutant turtles, I don't think they're suppose to be model material.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

@rikr2 said:

The William Fichtner guy is Shredder. Said so on the IMDB.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp said:

Michael Bay isn't someone whom make me jump to see a movie in the first place, and the guy whose directing this whole thing, Jonathan Liebsman doesn't have a track record that would predict this being a good movie either really.

Michael Bay doesn't make me want to jump to see a movie either, but he has a few successful movies he's produced under his belt. Armageddon, Pearl Harbour, Transformers trilogy, and I Am Number Four. As for the director, he has directed Wrath of the Titans and a few other low budget films that have succeeded in the box office. We all have our opinions though.

I'm a fan of the TMNT cartoon and I don't have an issue with the design.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp: Fair enough homie. Turtle fan in me is hoping this is great.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By danhimself

As a lifelong TMNT fan there was absolutely nothing in that trailer that raised my hopes for this movie

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By those_eyes

@danhimself: @monsterstomp: @guardiandevil83: @the_last_kryptonian:

Really guys? Really? You think I want them to look like models? Come on. I know they are mutated turtles that look humanoid but the freaking 90's live action movie versions look 10 times better than the trash design that I saw in the trailer.

No Caption Provided

Why can't they just go this route with the costumes instead of the rancid cgi. Even if you do cgi the design needs to look decentbut they seem to have failed in that aspect here.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes: I don't know. I think the ones in the trailer look more realistic than the classic version. I like the new look.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not the biggest Michael Bay fan but I'm also not a TMNT fan. With that said I'm actually looking forward to this.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes: I don't know. I think the ones in the trailer look more realistic than the classic version. I like the new look.

The classic versions look more like the original which is what they should be going for. Not the realistic aproach. But if you do go for a realistic approach it should be done right...not with crap cgi. Who knows maybe I'll like it once I see them on the big screen.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By MonsterStomp

@those_eyes: You're entitled to your opinion man. I'm quite excited to see how it pans out. And if it costs me $11 for 2hrs of disappointment, I can easily quadruple it back in the same amount of time.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes: You're entitled to your opinion man. I'm quite excited to see how it pans out. And if it costs me $11 for 2hrs of disappointment, I can easily quadruple it back in the same amount of time.

Are you going to see it in imax?

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes: Tss I wouldn't know, man. I'm in Australia. I just go to the theatre across the road haha.

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Jphu8414

I for one am actually looking forward to this film, give it a chance people

Michael Bay gets unnecessary amounts of hate for everything he does, his movies aren't meant to be taken super seriously, plus he's not even the director for this movie

Master_Thief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthaznable: Well IMBD is wrong, besides I remember seeing IMBD post ben kingsley as the mandarin before the movie came out soooo

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By DarthAznable

@darthaznable: Well IMBD is wrong, besides I remember seeing IMBD post ben kingsley as the mandarin before the movie came out soooo

He technically was Mandarin ;) Either way. The whole.."Not the real shredder" thing is pointless. Just have Shredder there without any pointless plot twists.