Avatar image for rideaspacecowboy
RideASpaceCowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 98

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RideASpaceCowboy

Anyone reading Batman '66 right now knows that DC2 is a superior format when compared to their more traditional digital first titles. Whereas the latter are constricted by the formats of both print and digital, the former take full advantage of the emerging digital comics medium. What follows is a list of titles I would want to see receive the DC2 treatment.

Adventures of Superman

After reading this week's latest installment I've finally become convinced that this is without question DC's best ongoing series, and consistently so. It's already a Digital First title, so it would only take a small upgrade to being part of DC2

Batman, Inc.

The main series is set to end with Grant Morrison's long planned conclusion, and appropriately so. Some have suggested it continue as an anthology series featuring all the international Batmen, while others have pointed out that anthology series tend to do quite poorly sales wise. However, titles such as Adventures of Superman give proof that anthologies are suited perfectly for the digital market. A weekly tale set outside of continuity featuring Knight, Squire, Man o' Bats, Redbird, Ranger, and all the rest would be a must buy for me and many other fans.

Shazam

Gary Frank's Shazam back-ups in Justice League were the perfect modern day retelling of the characters origin, and now that so many readers are up to speed with him let's see his continuing adventures after Trinity War on a weekly basis (along with the rest of the Captain Marvel Family).

The Others

Like the various members of Batman, Inc., the Others rank among the best original characters of recent memory from either of the Big Two.

RideASpaceCowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some more ideas:

Dark Knight / Boy Wonder

Continuing Frank Miller and Jim Lee's All-Star Batman and Robin, the Boy Wonder

Gotham PD

Slightly different from its eponymous predecessor, this would be a classic noir crime comic, albeit set in Gotham.

Metropolis SCU

This classic '50s style science fiction pulp would serve as a companion piece to Gotham PD.

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

These are some great ideas. I would definitely buy some of these.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

Choose your own adventure comics are superior?

RideASpaceCowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By RideASpaceCowboy

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

Choose your own adventure comics are superior?

You're mistaking DC2 with DC2 Mulitverse, which has yet to premier. I share you sentiment that such is a dubious enterprise, but the standard DC2 and Marvel Infinite Comics are in all ways a superior storytellign medium compared to print and even other digital titles.

RideASpaceCowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RideASpaceCowboy
Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

@rideaspacecowboy: Ummmmmm............ Was that last one a joke? Because all you're saying Batman Scott Pilgrim.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

RideASpaceCowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RideASpaceCowboy

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

@rideaspacecowboy: Uhh, Kate Kane is gay.

With enough preparation, I'm absolutely convinced that Bruce Wayne could seduce a lesbian. After all, he's Batman!

@rulerofthisuniverse said:

@rideaspacecowboy: Ummmmmm............ Was that last one a joke? Because all you're saying Batman Scott Pilgrim.

Batman is versatile character, open to lots of different portrayals. That's how Batman '66 can stand next to Scott Snyder's Batman and both works can be equally great while totally opposite tonally. A Scott Pilgrim-esq Batman could certainly work as well.