#1 Posted by council elite (506 posts) - - Show Bio
Fear Itself: The Home Front #6
#2 Posted by Kairan1979 (16778 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think they'll stay together after Fear Itself.

#3 Posted by Enzeru (2954 posts) - - Show Bio

Wofoooo, a bunch of bad characters with the baddest one: X-23 the underaged teen prostitue with emo-cutting-issues on the top, wofoooo.
No.

#4 Posted by darth_brendroid (1717 posts) - - Show Bio

I like this idea. I think creating a next generation of heroes might help to actually make the storylines evolve rather than stagnate.

#5 Posted by jakeeboi17 (4370 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kairan1979 said:
#6 Posted by JediXMan (30706 posts) - - Show Bio

I dislike the roster. I think these guys need to just grow up and start going to the adult teams (these guys primarily being X-23, Amadeus Cho, and Protege)

#7 Posted by council elite (506 posts) - - Show Bio
@darth_brendroid said:
I like this idea. I think creating a next generation of heroes might help to actually make the storylines evolve rather than stagnate.
agreed.
#8 Posted by council elite (506 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kairan1979 said:
why is that?
#9 Posted by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio

I SOOO hope they don't stay together...  Given how badly they interact at the beginning...

Thunderstrike is just pissed off, paranoid, blaming everyone else instead of actually trying to solve the problem.

The girls falling back on the, "Typical alpha-boy attitude" insult rather than realizing the boys are just being asshats...

The group dynamics/interactions just aren't that interesting...  It COULD be with the right writer.  But if what we've seen so far is any indication, it'll be a horrible group.

#10 Posted by council elite (506 posts) - - Show Bio
@Timandm said:
I SOOO hope they don't stay together...  Given how badly they interact at the beginning...  Thunderstrike is just pissed off, paranoid, blaming everyone else instead of actually trying to solve the problem.  The girls falling back on the, "Typical alpha-boy attitude" insult rather than realizing the boys are just being asshats...  The group dynamics/interactions just aren't that interesting...  It COULD be with the right writer.  But if what we've seen so far is any indication, it'll be a horrible group.
i do see what your saying. but, i don't think its really fair to say that after one issue. i kinda wanna see where they're going with it.
besides their interactions were kinda hilarious.
#11 Posted by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio
@council elite said:
@Timandm said:
I SOOO hope they don't stay together...  Given how badly they interact at the beginning...  Thunderstrike is just pissed off, paranoid, blaming everyone else instead of actually trying to solve the problem.  The girls falling back on the, "Typical alpha-boy attitude" insult rather than realizing the boys are just being asshats...  The group dynamics/interactions just aren't that interesting...  It COULD be with the right writer.  But if what we've seen so far is any indication, it'll be a horrible group.
i do see what your saying. but, i don't think its really fair to say that after one issue. i kinda wanna see where they're going with it. besides their interactions were kinda hilarious.
You're right in that we can't really say how a series with this group would work based on one issue...  I didn't care for Generation Hope until around issue #7...

Truthfully, it depends entirely on the writer.  a good writer could take ANY characters and make an interesting series out of it...  And they're are some good characters there.  I actually like the idea of Amadeus Cho (leading) a group with X-23 and Spider-girl.  I don't care for Thunder Strike (I did read his mini-series) or power kid...  Nonetheless, if the writers did a good job it could be an excellent series...  But the first story simply sucks pond water so far...
#12 Posted by council elite (506 posts) - - Show Bio
@Timandm said:
@council elite said:
@Timandm said:
i do see what your saying. but, i don't think its really fair to say that after one issue. i kinda wanna see where they're going with it. besides their interactions were kinda hilarious.
You're right in that we can't really say how a series with this group would work based on one issue...  I didn't care for Generation Hope until around issue #7...  Truthfully, it depends entirely on the writer.  a good writer could take ANY characters and make an interesting series out of it...  And they're are some good characters there.  I actually like the idea of Amadeus Cho (leading) a group with X-23 and Spider-girl.  I don't care for Thunder Strike (I did read his mini-series) or power kid...  Nonetheless, if the writers did a good job it could be an excellent series...  But the first story simply sucks pond water so far...
it was a little slow @ first. but who were those villains @ the end? they kinda looked badass.
#13 Posted by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio
@council elite: it was a little slow @ first. but who were those villains @ the end? they kinda looked badass. 

No idea.  But it has something to do with Fear Itself...

It was more than the story being slow that bothered me...  It seems writers just HAVE to have good guys fight each other when they're forced together in a situation.  As if it's some kind of rule... "Oh hey, we're all good guys but stunned to be together.  Let's fight rather than remember that we're all good guys..."
#14 Posted by council elite (506 posts) - - Show Bio
@Timandm said:
@council elite: it was a little slow @ first. but who were those villains @ the end? they kinda looked badass.   No idea.  But it has something to do with Fear Itself...  It was more than the story being slow that bothered me...  It seems writers just HAVE to have good guys fight each other when they're forced together in a situation.  As if it's some kind of rule... "Oh hey, we're all good guys but stunned to be together.  Let's fight rather than remember that we're all good guys..."
hahahahahaha thats so true!
idk why that is though, i guess superheroes just have super-egos lmaooo
#15 Posted by council elite (506 posts) - - Show Bio

btw, amadeus cho ftw!

#16 Posted by thesuperman (11 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan said:
I dislike the roster. I think these guys need to just grow up and start going to the adult teams (these guys primarily being X-23, Amadeus Cho, and Protege)
#17 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7708 posts) - - Show Bio

They look generic

#18 Posted by PowerHerc (84340 posts) - - Show Bio

*groan*

I'm underwhelmed.

#19 Posted by Dernman (15160 posts) - - Show Bio

I really really really want to like Thunderstrike. So tell me why do they have to make it sooo hard on me.

#20 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7708 posts) - - Show Bio

Teen Superheroes are getting old, They're getting repetitive.

#21 Posted by council elite (506 posts) - - Show Bio
@PowerHerc: why is that? i think a team lead by amadeus has alot of potential.
#22 Posted by PowerHerc (84340 posts) - - Show Bio

@council elite: This line-up just doesn't look that great to me. Who knows, though; maybe it'll do really well. It just doesn't appeal to me from this little bit.

#23 Posted by council elite (506 posts) - - Show Bio
@PowerHerc: ya, i know what you mean. i really like amadeus & x-23, but i'm completely unfamiliar with all the other characters. i'm just glad to see Fred Van Lente writing cho again.
#24 Posted by PowerHerc (84340 posts) - - Show Bio

@council elite: Van Lente writing Cho is a good thing, I agree.

#25 Posted by girlwonderrobyn (3 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think these guys will stay together...

#26 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

Is that prodigy? And who's the grifter look-alike?

#27 Posted by Kairan1979 (16778 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

That's not Prodigy, that's new Power Man. And "Grifter look-alike" is Thunderstrike (the son of the original Thunderstrike).

#28 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

I do miss Amadeus Cho.

#29 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kairan1979 said:

@ReVamp said:

That's not Prodigy, that's new Power Man. And "Grifter look-alike" is Thunderstrike (the son of the original Thunderstrike).

Not really interesting, but thanks.

#30 Posted by CATPANEXE (9368 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont think it will make it past the mini's, for one because theirs a few other young teams that would push more issues, like Young Avengers (which this appears to be a version of sorts of that namesake), Young Masters, and Runaways to name just a few. The appearance seemed more or less to be promoting the individual characters and their books, like say trying to sell the new Power Man to X-23 fans for instance. So far I've only seen the first story, which I didn't think was very good as the entire thing was much of these characters meeting each other with no real substance. Hopefully the latter stories will bring more to the table.

#31 Posted by U R Sofa King We Todd Did (1124 posts) - - Show Bio

woww they must have literally picked names out of a hat

#32 Posted by labarith (670 posts) - - Show Bio

Cho leading a tam would be cool. This team? No.

#33 Posted by torzone (418 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jnr6Lil said:

Teen Superheroes are getting old, They're getting repetitive.

Agreed.

#34 Posted by Kairan1979 (16778 posts) - - Show Bio

@U R Sofa King We Todd Did said:

woww they must have literally picked names out of a hat

No. They share one important trait - all of them had connections with one of the original Avengers.