• 63 results
Social Moth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Social Moth

I think that Joe Jonas should be Clark Kent/Superman! If you see the music video Lovebug, he looks cool. Yeah, I brought JB to Superhero, but my girlfriend said that it would be a good idea. I agree. Maybe Kevin Jonas as Bizarro!!! That'd be cool! Please, no making fun of me.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By AtPhantom

Welcome to the vine, and I don't think a singer should ever play Superman.

As for ideas, As long as they finish with all the silver age Chistopher Reeve stuff, I'm happy.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By King_Saturn
Joe Jonas as Superman.... I dont know about that... that dude looks a little soft to me
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By King_Saturn
I would rather see Tom Welling as Superman than Joe Jonas...

speedlgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By speedlgt

I would like a movie where he fights dooms day to the death and tears half the world apart in the process.

And then to end the trilogy have an old superman (kingdom Come style) finally after lois is dead loose his cool and in a flash of rage take out evey super criminal on the planet in a matter of moments...Then the rest of the film is him dealing with what hes done and a his place in a world without crime

Constantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Constantine

maybe joe as a young clark yeah

Calvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Calvin
speedlgt said:
"I would like a movie where he fights dooms day to the death and tears half the world apart in the process.

And then to end the trilogy have an old superman (kingdom Come style) finally after lois is dead loose his cool and in a flash of rage take out evey super criminal on the planet in a matter of moments...Then the rest of the film is him dealing with what hes done and a his place in a world without crime"
when did that happen in the comics?
speedlgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By speedlgt
Calvin said:
"speedlgt said:
"I would like a movie where he fights dooms day to the death and tears half the world apart in the process.

And then to end the trilogy have an old superman (kingdom Come style) finally after lois is dead loose his cool and in a flash of rage take out evey super criminal on the planet in a matter of moments...Then the rest of the film is him dealing with what hes done and a his place in a world without crime"
when did that happen in the comics?"
it didnt But I have always thought about what if he just got pissed and did that.
Graft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Graft
Social Moth said:
"I think that Joe Jonas should be Clark Kent/Superman! If you see the music video Lovebug, he looks cool. Yeah, I brought JB to Superhero, but my girlfriend said that it would be a good idea. I agree. Maybe Kevin Jonas as Bizarro!!! That'd be cool! Please, no making fun of me."
0_o

Please no..
Calvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Calvin

Superman: Birthright
All-Star Superman
All-Star Superman

I say Superman: Birthright to the first film and All-Star Superman to the sequell

These are my favorite stories of Superman.
Birthright the is the last retcon of Superman's Origins and All-Star Superman tells the last days of Superman before he went to the heart of the Sun and become the Superman Prime. - Ok, sorry about the spoilers…

Anyway I think these two plots are the best of Superman, I really liked to see them on the big screen.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By King_Saturn
I wanna see a Wonder Woman movie before I see another Superman film actually
Constantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Constantine
King Saturn said:
"I wanna see a Wonder Woman movie before I see another Superman film actually
"
yeh
geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By geraldthesloth

well since all is familiar with superman films

i say they do the death and return

and patrick warburton for superman!

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By King_Saturn
Constantine said:
"King Saturn said:
"I wanna see a Wonder Woman movie before I see another Superman film actually
"
yeh"
Cant wait for the Shazam movie too...
Push

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Push
King Saturn said:
"I would rather see Tom Welling as Superman than Joe Jonas...

"

Nah, he's too young and small. Go the way they did the very first Superman movie, get an unknown, who looks and acts like him, and looks like a SuperMAN!  Someone who likes like there in there thirt's not early twenties!
Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16  Edited By Nighthunter

Some people already know what I want to see for a Superman trilogy....

Imperial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Imperial
Calvin said:
"

All-Star Superman
All-Star Superman

I say Superman: Birthright to the first film and All-Star Superman to the sequell

Birthright the is the last retcon of Superman's Origins and All-Star Superman tells the last days of Superman before he went to the heart of the Sun and become the Superman Prime. - Ok, sorry about the spoilers…

Anyway I think these two plots are the best of Superman, I really liked to see them on the big screen.

"
Just happen to be written by two have my favourite writers. Just add Geoff Johns & Greg Rucka and call it a deal. Them Four working on Superman, amazing! They did all write 52. :D
Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Nighthunter

I'm not sure about Rucka, his place is in Batman

The_Scourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By The_Scourge
Social Moth said:
"I think that Joe Jonas should be Clark Kent/Superman!
Very very bad idea
Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Nighthunter
Is Tom Weilling the next Christopher Reeve?
Imperial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Imperial
Nighthunter said:
"I'm not sure about Rucka, his place is in Batman"
I liked his take on his Superman series.
Push

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Push
Nighthunter said:
"
"

Not even close, as far as the acting chops go! Maybe in another ten years or so, he might be taller/bigger and more mature looking enough to play big blue, but at the momet, he's good enough were he is, playing a young teenage clark kent!
Imperial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Imperial

To be honest I don't think we will ever get another Reeve.  I think we got lucky with the first one. Hopefully we will get lucky with another. I don't mind Routh, but I want someone I truly believe in. Reeve did it, am sure another person can.

Oh, and I can't wait for the Shazam movie either. :D

Calvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Calvin
Imperial said:
"Calvin said:
"

"
Just happen to be written by two have my favourite writers. Just add Geoff Johns & Greg Rucka and call it a deal. Them Four working on Superman, amazing! They did all write 52. :D"
They sure did a good job.

What about the rest of you guys, what would like to see as a plot in a new superman plot?
Imperial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Imperial

Someone who he can actually hit...hard! But it will be to early for Doomsday. If they made it like a story where you get to it leading in a direction during the movie but continuing to the next ones, then possible. Like Superman I & II, with Zod.

bumnut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By bumnut

Imperial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Imperial

Reeve stands out the most, I didn't even like the series of Lois and Clark much. The effects :@ I saw wires!

bumnut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By bumnut
Imperial said:
"To be honest I don't think we will ever get another Reeve.  I think we got lucky with the first one. Hopefully we will get lucky with another. I don't mind Routh, but I want someone I truly believe in. Reeve did it, am sure another person can.

Oh, and I can't wait for the Shazam movie either. :D"

Shazam, hmmmm!

and Superman

bumnut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By bumnut

Actually, The Rock would be better as

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Nighthunter

World's greatest hero
World's greatest hero

Brainiac takes the
Brainiac takes the "heart" of Krypton
After Superman Returns, the Superman franchise was left in pieces. The great movies that wondered millions of people in the eighties by Conner were shattered as the inclusion of various factors and characters was made. Superman with a son? Superman without Lois Lane? Kryptonite as the main thing...again? oh wait...now it was a complete island, my bad.

A reboot is in real need, bring Superman back to his roots and then up, up and away (sorry, had to). For me the reboot should be like this:

For me the perfect superman trilogy would start with the classical scene of him being traveled to Earth, I know that scene has been done many different times over the ages, but you can't make the origin of Superman without showing where he comes from and how he ended here, it would also only take 5 minutes. As soon as that sequence finishes, you see him then as an adult man in the daily planet, you have a few short flashback sequenses but not big ones that can help to introduce the cast or his powers.

The movie should start with Clark Kent, the stupid guy who is everyday man, then suddenly he hears a boy/girl about to suicide herself a
Superman to the rescue
Superman to the rescue
nd takes his clothes off and becomes superman, then saves him/her, the only presence of him would inspire him/ her to move on because that is exactly what superman is about, the ability to inspire people, to help us want to be more than what we are.

I think that the studio would be pushing to have Luthor in the movie, however I think that everyone can agree that we've seen enough of him as a villain in both the movies and the series, we need another villain, Superman has quite his rogue gallery so he shouldn't have problems with that.

For me the perfect mix would be to put Luthor in the movie...but not as a villain, he starts as Clark's friend like in smallville and the rebooted comics origin,you see him as supporting cast, the real man of tomorrow and Metropolis' champion, a guy so smart that can save humanity and that is actually trying to do it.
You are in the big leagues now
You are in the big leagues now

Lex Luthor sees himself as the ultimate hero and savior of manking, let him start like that as it is what makes the character so great and in a way relatable. Then superman slowly starts to steal his thunder during the first two movies, leading him to be the main villain in the third movie as he is in the end superman's greatest nemesis

But then, with Luthor as supporting cast....who would be the villain?

Personally for the first movie I would put brainiac, if the movie starts with the destruction of krypton, he is a natural  choice. The being in great part responsible for his birthplanet destiny comes to Earth and is trying to do the same to the Earth, this is the first real challenge for Superman,  he ain't saving a car or a person, the entire world is at stake and the threat is greater than ever before.

Then for the second one I would put both Zod and Bizzarro, the perfect examples  of why it ain't the powers or the origin what makes Superman so great. I would also make Luthor create Bizzarro, but not as a bad intent, but as a try to help humanity by recreating superman...

In the end you have Luthor rise to be the greatest nemesis to Superman, showing that brains beats brawn every day.
The corrupted savior
The corrupted savior

A major issue for whoever they cast as Superman/Clark Kent is that the writer needs to get that although they are the same person, they aren't anything alike. Clark Kent is a man that is relatable for the small workers as they aren't everything they could be, while Superman is exactly the opposite, he ain't someone relatable, he is someone you look up for, a god in his own right and the best that the humanity has to offer. The writer must really understand this in order to make the 2 roles.

Another thing that I want to add is that in most of the movies, I think that a comic writer should either write the scrypt or supervise the movie (if not both) as it has been proven that comic writers can indeed create masterpieces and that when the transmission to other media is loyal to the original material a great movie can be made.

Who I would put for the job? A hard question indeed as there are quite a few writers that come to mind that could do a hell of a job, it resolves in the end to only four finalists though.

Geoff Johns (Superman and the Legion, Brainiac)

Grant Morrison (All Star Superman)

Mark Waid (Superman: Birthright)

Mark Millar (Superman: Red Son)

One of DC's new classics
One of DC's new classics
In the end I would give it to Morrison though, All Stars Superman is my favorite Superman story ever and also I think that Morrison has the "let's bring something new while still respecting the old" vision that the Superman movie franchise needs, he also notices that no matter what, Superman shouldn't be dark. You can have the cast and the villains go darker, but Superman should still stay as the light to lead the way.

He should suffer, he should strugger and he should have problems, but at the end of the day he is the one person that still doesn't lose faith in the humanity.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By King_Saturn
Push said:
"King Saturn said:

"

Nah, he's too young and small. Go the way they did the very first Superman movie, get an unknown, who looks and acts like him, and looks like a SuperMAN!  Someone who likes like there in there thirt's not early twenties!
"
Too Small ? Tom Welling is 6'3''
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By King_Saturn
bumnut said:
"King Saturn said:
"Push said:
"King Saturn said:

"

"
Too Small ? Tom Welling is 6'3'' "

Really! You sure? He just looks much smaller. He should tower over everyone on the show."
He does if you notice carefully...
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By AtPhantom
King Saturn said:
"bumnut said:
"King Saturn said:
"Push said:
"King Saturn said:

"

"

Really! You sure? He just looks much smaller. He should tower over everyone on the show."
He does if you notice carefully... "
He still looks like he's 16.
Constantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Constantine
King Saturn said:
"Push said:
"King Saturn said:

"

"
lol
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By King_Saturn
AtPhantom said:
"King Saturn said:
"bumnut said:
"King Saturn said:
"Push said:
"King Saturn said:

"

"

He does if you notice carefully... "
He still looks like he's 16."
Agreed... but Welling is 30 years old... he has the age and height to play Clark in truth
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By AtPhantom

He just doesn't have the face.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By King_Saturn
AtPhantom said:
"He just doesn't have the face."
I guess... but he is better choice than Joe Jonas...
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By AtPhantom
King Saturn said:
"AtPhantom said:
I guess... but he is better choice than Joe Jonas..."
Oh that definitely.
But I think there are other people who can portray Superman better than those two combined. The producers just need to dig in a little bit and find them.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By King_Saturn
AtPhantom said:
"King Saturn said:
"AtPhantom said:
I guess... but he is better choice than Joe Jonas..."
Oh that definitely.
But I think there are other people who can portray Superman better than those two combined. The producers just need to dig in a little bit and find them."
I can dig that... but I wouldnt mine seeing Tom Welling as Superboy Prime in a live action film...

lol
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By AtPhantom
King Saturn said:
"but I wouldnt mine seeing Tom Welling as Superboy Prime in a live action film...

lol
"
OMG, I think we have a winner!
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By King_Saturn
AtPhantom said:
"King Saturn said:
"but I wouldnt mine seeing Tom Welling as Superboy Prime in a live action film...

lol
"
OMG, I think we have a winner!"
Yes Indeed
T.J. Magnum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By T.J. Magnum

a movie were lex luthor is like he is in the comics

not a bald kevin spacey dancing around going KRYPTONITE !!!!

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By AtPhantom
T.J. Magnum said:
"a movie were lex luthor is like he is in the comics

not a bald kevin spacey dancing around going KRYPTONITE !!!!

"
Definitely! No more silver age Lex.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By King_Saturn
 Sinestro Corps War Movie...
T.J. Magnum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By T.J. Magnum

and we can focus on more villains

like having brainiac, also have him use titano to attack superman or something on those lines

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By AtPhantom

That could be Green lantern 2

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By King_Saturn
AtPhantom said:
"That could be Green lantern 2"
Truth
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

Just throwing out that if you were going for pure looks and not acting when casting Wonder woman then Megan Fox is your choice.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By King_Saturn
Lunacyde said:
"Just throwing out that if you were going for pure looks and not acting when casting Wonder woman then Megan Fox is your choice."
Tom Welling has better acting skills than Megan Fox though...

LOL
santeria_smith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By santeria_smith

base it off the superman doomsday animated movie.

and i'll be happy.

just make the superman doomsday fight LONG, and EPIC, and VIOLENT.