New Site Awaiting to be Launched!

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By Raw_Material

Who else is excited about the new Comic Vine site being launched by the end of the month with the improvements and enhancements that have been added into this new layout? Anyone not a premium member right now, signing up to be one after this relaunch? Who here will be getting the Comic Vine App on their phone? To whom that hasn't already, the current iphone app is some what inaccessible and is being fixed as we speak. Really anxious into seeing how the new design pays off. Can't wait for the new version of CV to be launched!

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

It'd be awesome if they made a good Android app - as long as it worked for the forums.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By dondave

It's good that there re-designing it

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By JonSmith

I really hope they don't do what Giantbomb did and take the Recent Forum Posts off the front page. That might kill this site for me.

Ren_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Ren_

@JonSmith said:

I really hope they don't do what Giantbomb did and take the Recent Forum Posts off the front page. That might kill this site for me.

I was in the thread about this over on GB and I don't get it, to be honest.

It takes one click on the dropdown menu to head over to the forums, which display the same way if you have it set to show all.

@JediXMan: The mobile version of the new sites are MUCH friendlier than they are currently.

Only thing you seem to not be able to do is use the replies/quotes. But you can flag, edit and delete.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#6  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@Ren_:

Hm. Better than nothing. Navigating through a mobile browser on here is torture.

Curious: should we expect our posts to reset or remain, mostly, the same?

Ren_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Ren_

@JediXMan: From what I can tell, your post count will remain the same, but it appears that forum counts have been reset, although overall site top posters has not.

Darth Paul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Darth Paul

Is that why on the new GB site I have 98 posts, and saw another user with something like 3,000-4,000 posts, but their top posters list only has people w/ 25-26 posts tops?

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Joewell911

What all are they changing?

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 31

#10  Edited By akbogert

It hadn't occurred to me that this would actually change/erase previous data. That actually worries me a bit, though not nearly as much as it would had I been around for longer than six weeks. Kinks I can understand, but outright purging is unfortunate. That said if it's a one-time deal and the site runs much better for it, I suppose folks shall cope.

That said, what's with no replying or quoting on mobile? That strikes me as a feature that quite frankly ought to be there. There's pretty much no excuse for lacking that kind of functionality with today's Internet technology. And I imagine I'm not the only one who relies quite frequently on a mobile device for using this site. The updates are of course most welcome, but it bothers me that they're seen as perks and not as obvious features that CV should just be expected to provide.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By danhimself

@Ren_ said:

@JonSmith said:

I was in the thread about this over on GB and I don't get it, to be honest.

It takes one click on the dropdown menu to head over to the forums, which display the same way if you have it set to show all.

@JediXMan: The mobile version of the new sites are MUCH friendlier than they are currently.

Only thing you seem to not be able to do is use the replies/quotes. But you can flag, edit and delete.

I can post/reply/quote just fine on my S3

Ren_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Ren_

@Darth Paul: Yup!

@akbogert said:

It hadn't occurred to me that this would actually change/erase previous data. That actually worries me a bit, though not nearly as much as it would had I been around for longer than six weeks. Kinks I can understand, but outright purging is unfortunate. That said if it's a one-time deal and the site runs much better for it, I suppose folks shall cope.

That said, what's with no replying or quoting on mobile? That strikes me as a feature that quite frankly ought to be there. There's pretty much no excuse for lacking that kind of functionality with today's Internet technology. And I imagine I'm not the only one who relies quite frequently on a mobile device for using this site. The updates are of course most welcome, but it bothers me that they're seen as perks and not as obvious features that CV should just be expected to provide.

I've done some checking and stuff. Old posts are all there, it just wipes the post count, which shouldn't be much of an issue. I don't think the wiki's were affected by anything of that sort (there would be mayhem if they were). People should also remember (and I don't mean this directed to you, but to everybody) that this is a brand new site for them. So yes, things have been tested and it's been in development for about a year, but there are going to be inevitable bugs that pop up and that will be resolved as quickly as possible.

The mobile sites have always been lacking (it's actually why I purchased a membership on my main, Mercy - access to the premium mobile site). I absolutely agree with your post. I think that this would have been the perfect time to implement those features on a mobile version of the site, alas, it seems not.

Ren_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Ren_

@danhimself: Hrrrrm. Not seeing that option on my iPhone :S I only have the option to flag a post on the mobile site. Or edit/delete if it's my own.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By danhimself

@Ren_ said:

@danhimself: Hrrrrm. Not seeing that option on my iPhone :S I only have the option to flag a post on the mobile site. Or edit/delete if it's my own.

there's your problem

Avatar image for deactivated-5791595859013
deactivated-5791595859013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't lose my post count, I worked hard to be the 26,685th ranked poster on here dammit !

Ren_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Ren_

@danhimself: But...but they told me that Apple was going to rule the world T__T

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By danhimself

@Ren_: Apple was built on lies and broken dreams

@Brazen_Intellect: it's taken me 5 years to get this many posts...if they reset it'll take me like 3 times as long to get caught back up

Avatar image for deactivated-5791595859013
deactivated-5791595859013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself said:

@Ren_: Apple was built on lies and broken dreams

@Brazen_Intellect: it's taken me 5 years to get this many posts...if they reset it'll take me like 3 times as long to get caught back up

Never concerned myself with it, they could reset mine and it might take a week for me to notice, but I understand what your saying.

Ren_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Ren_

Just to be clear, they're not resetting YOUR post count, it's the forum posts counts. So over on the left, where it says just how much time you waste on the site, that's gonna be reset (except for the overall top-posters, apparently).

Whimpers about losing her RPG post count.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By danhimself

meh....that's ok...I'm guessing that I might have a top forum post count on some very obscure character where I've created the only thread

Darth Paul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By Darth Paul

@Ren_: Thought so, thanks for clearing that up about the funky post count stuff. Also, I have an iphone as well (4S) and I hate the new mobile site for GB. It doesn't let you switch to just the standard site on your phone like it used to. Is that a "premium option" or what? Whatever the reason for it is, I've just stopped going to GB unless I'm on a computer.