New DC series after Convergence?

NewKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NewKid

Before the Convergence event happens in a few months, a huge number of DC titles are ending. So a lot of people are expecting DC to announce lots of new titles to launch once Convergence in done. I'm thinking about 10 new titles, maybe more.

So... if DC launch 10 new titles... what does everyone think they will be?

My guesses-

Green Lantern Weekly - lots of GL series are getting cancelled, and they seemed to be crossing over most of the time anyway. After the success of Batman Eternal, I can see them doing a weekly GL series focused on the many characters in the universe.

Red Robin - Tim Drake has been handled pretty shoddily since the New52 started, a lot fo fans are asking for this title. Seems like a no brainer.

Shazam! - A lot of people enjoyed the Shazam story that was told in Justice League, so just make a series. Should be Johns writing. Also, if they're making a film, it makes sense.

New Gods - A lot of people want this. The characters have popped up in a few series, and after the GL Godhead storyline, this would make sense.

Birds Of Prey - Relauch this series, but better. The start of the N52 series wasn't bad, but it went downhill. This deserves a fresh start.

Rogues - The villain centered comics that have come out have been pretty popular (Sinestro, Harley Quinn), and I think if they launch another one, then this makes the most sense.

Mera - This has been rumoured and makes sense. Aquaman and The Others in cancelled, so this could replace it. Aquaman has gained a lot of popularity since N52 started, and Mera has been a popular character. It would be silly not to launch a new female led solo title and this would probably be the best one.

Cyborg - This needs to happen if they want to raise this characters profile. The only JL member without a solo series. They need to establish some of his own villains. Plus, they're making a film (eventually).

Kamandi - DC like to relaunch more obscure older titles it seems, and I fully support that. I think this could be a fun choice.

Multiversity - Not written by Grant Morrison, or even called Multiversity, but a similar thing. Stories taking places across the many Earths of the DCU. They are really pushing the DC multiverse stuff at the moment, and I find it's something that definitely sets DC apart. So this could be a good ongoing title.

What do you think of these ideas?

And what do you think they will announce post-Convergence?

:)

NewKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no one?

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@newkid said:

Before the Convergence event happens in a few months, a huge number of DC titles are ending. So a lot of people are expecting DC to announce lots of new titles to launch once Convergence in done. I'm thinking about 10 new titles, maybe more.

So... if DC launch 10 new titles... what does everyone think they will be?

My guesses-

Green Lantern Weekly - lots of GL series are getting cancelled, and they seemed to be crossing over most of the time anyway. After the success of Batman Eternal, I can see them doing a weekly GL series focused on the many characters in the universe.

Red Robin - Tim Drake has been handled pretty shoddily since the New52 started, a lot fo fans are asking for this title. Seems like a no brainer.

Shazam! - A lot of people enjoyed the Shazam story that was told in Justice League, so just make a series. Should be Johns writing. Also, if they're making a film, it makes sense.

New Gods - A lot of people want this. The characters have popped up in a few series, and after the GL Godhead storyline, this would make sense.

Birds Of Prey - Relauch this series, but better. The start of the N52 series wasn't bad, but it went downhill. This deserves a fresh start.

Rogues - The villain centered comics that have come out have been pretty popular (Sinestro, Harley Quinn), and I think if they launch another one, then this makes the most sense.

Mera - This has been rumoured and makes sense. Aquaman and The Others in cancelled, so this could replace it. Aquaman has gained a lot of popularity since N52 started, and Mera has been a popular character. It would be silly not to launch a new female led solo title and this would probably be the best one.

Cyborg - This needs to happen if they want to raise this characters profile. The only JL member without a solo series. They need to establish some of his own villains. Plus, they're making a film (eventually).

Kamandi - DC like to relaunch more obscure older titles it seems, and I fully support that. I think this could be a fun choice.

Multiversity - Not written by Grant Morrison, or even called Multiversity, but a similar thing. Stories taking places across the many Earths of the DCU. They are really pushing the DC multiverse stuff at the moment, and I find it's something that definitely sets DC apart. So this could be a good ongoing title.

What do you think of these ideas?

And what do you think they will announce post-Convergence?

:)

The ones in bold have a pretty good chance to happen, the others i don't think so.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

Cyborg and Shazam had better get their own series. Specifically the former because it's been four damn years, and it makes no sense for one of the big 7 to not have an ongoing by now.

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I would kill for a Rogue's series.

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Skit

I could see all those except khamandi and maybe multiversity. I think they're going to do more than 10 though.

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I love Tim Drake, but I don't think I'd read a Red Robin solo because he's boring on his own. He works better within a team.

Cyborg-No brainer

Shazam- Again, no brainer

Mera- The thing I love most about Aquaman's book is that it feels like a Mera book too. But unfortunately, Mera would never get an ongoing because she isn't affiliated with Batman or Superman.

Rogues- I'm surprised this hasn't been done already. Come on DC!

Birds of Prey- A relaunch would be great. Keep the roster the same, just add Vixen.

I'd also like for Doom Patrol, Martian Manhunter, Atom, Vixen & Simon Baz to get books too. It's time for DC to start doing things that don't relate to Bats and Superman.

Zearing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Green Lantern Weekly: Like the idea, there's definitely enough Lanterns to fill a weekly book.

Red Robin: I'd give it a try, but it wouldn't be on my "most looked forward to" list.

Shazam!: DC definitely needs to do this one. I'd also like it if he goes about halfway back to the Pre-Flashpoint version in said book. Maybe keep Shazam himself alone, but change Billy Batson back. What do you think @captainmarvel4ever?

New Gods: No thanks

Birds of Prey: Not really into this idea either

Rogues: I'd read that.

Mera: I'm not a huge Aquaman fan, but I always thought that her powers were neat. I'd give it a try.

Cyborg: Make that Cyborg and the Metal Men and it sounds perfect.

Kamandi: I've only seen him when I read Crisis on Infinite Earths recently. The story would be interesting, just not sure if it would be something I would want to read.

Multiversity: This is the one I want the most. I am a huge fan of stories involving the multiverse, so count me in on an ongoing series about it.

As for my own idea, I'd actually enjoy an Earth 3 book, showing what life was like there before it was destroyed.

Nathaniel_Adam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Maybe some series with old DC characters which didn't show up in the new 52 yet

And characters that didn't have solos series yet like Shazam

regiebravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Red Robin would most likely stay with the Teen Titans. If anyone from the Bat-Family deserves their own title, it's Jason Todd.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Cyborg won't happen. Geoff wants to write Cyborg and he's only allowed to do two books at a time.

Since he just started Superman, and he already said he has no plans to leave JL, Cyborg is going to be in 2017 or '16.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Most likely going to get 10 Batman themed books. =D