new comixology app

fil123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

um so comixology recent update won't let you purchase comics from the app...

anyone know whats the deal? any other apps i can read digital comics?

it will suck if i have to switch because all my comics i purchased on the app

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

@fil123: I would guess it's part of the Amazon deal.

Avatar image for redxiii18881990
Redxiii18881990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fil123: is it you can't buy it on the app completely or are they waiting till they shut down the old app? As you can still use that.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4  Edited By Erik
CaptainHoopla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fil123: Yes, if you are on an Apple device, you now have to purchase through the website and sync your account with the new app. You should then be able to download and read in the app. This was done because Amazon bought out Comixology and apparently Apple gets a huge cut, I've heard as much as 30%, when you purchased through the app. Obviously Amazon wasn't going to have any part of that.

fil123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By fil123

@redxiii18881990: they shut down the old one already, the new one makes you go to the website then use a cloud to sync to your device, seems like a waste of time

fil123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fil123: Yes, if you are on an Apple device, you now have to purchase through the website and sync your account with the new app. You should then be able to download and read in the app. This was done because Amazon bought out Comixology and apparently Apple gets a huge cut, I've heard as much as 30%, when you purchased through the app. Obviously Amazon wasn't going to have any part of that.

seems redundant to have to go to the website, now i cant purchase it when im not around a computer

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

For comixology, this was a great decision. But for me, and many other readers, this was a huge blow. I don't own a credit card so I don't have any means of paying on line. What I used to do was buy iTunes gift cards and buy comics on their app. It was great and convenient. Now I have no way of buying their content unless I get a paypal account but that seems like a lot of work.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Doesn't effect me, but I understand how this could be a problem for some.

Avatar image for thecupcakeavenger
TheCupcakeAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This must just be the iOS app. The android app still lets you purchase comics once you set up a payment option for either a card or paypal. This sucks for iOS app users though.

Kangaxx_54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Kangaxx_54

What about the publisher specific apps? I use the DC app almost exclusively, as I only buy DC comics. But I know that they're both linked to Comixology; does anyone know if they are also affected? I'd be really annoyed if they were. And overall, I think it's an unwise decision. There are a lot of people (not me), who are on the fence whether or not to buy digitally, and this isn't going to convince them to go digital in any way.

MatteoPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would say it's Apple's fault more than anything. On Android everything is still cool.

And I am still amazed at how lazy we have gotten about this stuff. So now you have to click instead of tap and you won't read digital anymore? How much of a nuisance will this actually be?

Avatar image for redxiii18881990
Redxiii18881990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kangaxx_54: you can still buy on the dc app atm so it might stay, just have to wait n see i guess

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

@fil123 said:

seems redundant to have to go to the website, now i cant purchase it when im not around a computer

Why can't you just use the browser on your phone/tablet to go to the website and buy it instead of going to a computer? I've always bought directly from the website on my phone because I could fill up a cart and not buy the books one at a time like directly through the app.

fil123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By fil123

@fil123 said:

Why can't you just use the browser on your phone/tablet to go to the website and buy it instead of going to a computer? I've always bought directly from the website on my phone because I could fill up a cart and not buy the books one at a time like directly through the app.

you could, its 2014 i want to read and purchase the comic on the same app. guess im just spoiled (technology speaking )