ComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By ComicGeek

Hi everyone,

I recently started a new blog at http://thecomicrack.blogspot.com that is dedicated to daily comic news, reviews, movie trailers, humor and opinion. It will be updated 7 days a week and is devoted to comic book lovers like you and me. Stop by and if you see what you like, let me know here or at thecomicrack@yahoo.com, and if you don't like what you see, do the same, I am open to criticism and want to make http://thecomicrack.blogspot.com a daily read for anyone who loves comics as much as I do.

Thanks

CG
Post Edited:2007-06-05 22:28:42

Mr Mofo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Mr Mofo

I'm confused. All that and more can be found here.

???

Octagon Freak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Octagon Freak

Nice.

ComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ComicGeek

I don't pretend that I am the only person or the only place for anything that I do. In fact, I frequent many blogs, forums and sites daily, and many of them do a great job. However, I feel I add something to the comic book community. I am not asking you to like it, or even come by everyday, just give it a shot, and if you do happen to like it, come back. If you don't like it, or think there should only be one place to get your info, your free to that opinion the same I am free to mine.

And not to be too defensive (I love what I do, and do it free), but I do have unique and new content that I try to provide that you won't find anywhere else, it is not just a linkblogging site, though I do do some of that. In fact, I just finished typing out a brand new feature I thought up called "10 Pages Deep" where I look at results from common terms I put into Google, but I only look at the 10th page of results, where most people never get to. I can tell you after do my first one that there are definitely some hidden treasures.

But again, feel free to take a narrow view of the world, or just stop by and see what I have to offer before you try to disparage the work I do.

ComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ComicGeek

Octagon Freak says:

"Nice."

shatterstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By shatterstar  Moderator

Soooo why not do all that here?

Ms. Invisible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Ms. Invisible

I think it's because you're new here and you're posting a link to your blog: it seems as if you're just advertising.

ComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ComicGeek

Ms. Invisible says:

"I think it's because you're new here and you're posting a link to your blog: it seems as if you're just advertising."

Yeah that might be it. Sorry but it's not meant to be like that. I belong to a few different comic forums and usually the first thing you do is introduce yourself and talk about what projects you are working on. That way people can go and see whether you have any credibility or if you are just some kid there to cause trouble.

I apologize for going about it the wrong way.

As far as why not do it here: I actually planned on doing a blog and doing the same type of thing here, and just linking between the two. You guys have such a large and indepth site here that after only one evening of even knowing about it, it is a bit overwhelming. I already spent over an hour that I didn't really have tonight, looking over all the character profiles and covers you have here. I was blown away and impressed with the content. So as I said before, I was saying hi, and intended on spending more time here tomorrow setting my little corner. I can't say I am as impressed with the response of the forums, but we'll see how it goes, I guess.

ComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ComicGeek

Also, if anyone doubts my sincerity, simply post here and I will gladly remove any reference to my blog on the comicvine, I am not here to pimp a Blogger account, just to get to know more comic lovers.

Prodigal Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Prodigal Son

I would suggest getting involved in our community, and then just cross-linking your blog here on the Vine with your "best" posts on your blogger account. That way, we'll get to know you, and in the long run you will probably drive much more traffic to your blog from here (as opposed to placing a one-time link here in the forums). Once we know you more after seeing you participate in group discussion, I'm sure we will be more apt to visit your blog on a regular basis.

Either way, welcome to the Vine.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#11  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

ComicGeek says:

Yeah that might be it. Sorry but it's not meant to be like that. I belong to a few different comic forums and usually the first thing you do is introduce yourself and talk about what projects you are working on. That way people can go and see whether you have any credibility or if you are just some kid there to cause trouble. "
It may have come off wrong in this case, but if more newcomers started with an intro like that, it would save a lot of time. Prodigious Man says:
"I would suggest getting involved in our community, and then just cross-linking your blog here on the Vine with your "best" posts on your blogger account. That way, we'll get to know you, and in the long run you will probably drive much more traffic to your blog from here (as opposed to placing a one-time link here in the forums). Once we know you more after seeing you participate in group discussion, I'm sure we will be more apt to visit your blog on a regular basis. Either way, welcome to the Vine."
Listen to this guy. Also, welcome to the Vine.
Post Edited:2007-06-06 03:01:41
Walkingstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Walkingstone

Welcome to the Vine :)

Personally, I do similar to what P-man suggested, though slightly different. I put most of my blog entries on here with more personal stuff on my live journal. Come get to know us and be friendly, I'm sure we'll visit your blog when we know you better.

Have fun on the Vine, hope you stay and enjoy it :)