New Black Canary series - characters jobbing coming

• 67 results
Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 559

She is no where near the top 10 never mind 1st.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@vitalius said:

@metaljimmor:

Nobody complain when Jason Todd defeated Lady Shiva and Talia Al Ghul without much effort on Red Hood and the Outlaws.

Literally everyone, but me, complained. And still do on a daily basis.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

@bat_girl_cc:

I see your point but i dont think that Black Canary would be unstoppable fightning machine that destroys everything on her sight because that isnt Black Canary. Even without using sonic scream, she tends to not use physical force while dealing with her opponnents unless someone is dangerous or talking with that characther is useless. Also it wouldnt be the first time that stablished characters looked bad in tittle because upgrade from characther like Jason Todd defeating Lady Shiva and Talia al Ghul almost without any effort. I think that you should give a chance to the writers, something they say something so that people will buy the tittles because of some factor.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

@vitalius said:

@bat_girl_cc:

I see your point but i dont think that Black Canary would be unstoppable fightning machine that destroys everything on her sight because that isnt Black Canary. Even without using sonic scream, she tends to not use physical force while dealing with her opponnents unless someone is dangerous or talking with that characther is useless. Also it wouldnt be the first time that stablished characters looked bad in tittle because upgrade from characther like Jason Todd defeating Lady Shiva and Talia al Ghul almost without any effort. I think that you should give a chance to the writers, something they say something so that people will buy the tittles because of some factor.

I will give this a shot, although interviews like this one, makes me fear the content.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fights make the tittle sell more.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman:

I think now he has lot similarities with Nightwing in terms of characthers.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By AllStarSuperman  Online

@vitalius: Not really. He just hangs with Grayson's old friends

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman:

I think he is dating Batgirl and he pretended to date Starfire

He has good relationship with Tim Drake.

He clean his act and started to take things more serious

He has good friendship with Roy Harper

He acts more like Batman´s second in comand.

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

@battle_forum_junkie said:

@bat_girl_cc:

I think it was pretty clear that they where being at least a little sarcastic.In the Interview they said that "she was the best martial artist in the DC universe". Unless the writers state that in the comic - which would be pretty silly - there's no way they could prove it. Not to mention that several of the major martial artists in DC either don't exist or aren't as skilled in the new 52.

Besides, from what I know she's only appeared in the cancelled Birds of Prey and a couple issues of Batgirl. I get the argument for continuity but she hasn't really been in the limelight in the new 52 and this will give the creative team a chance to boost her skill level. And I don't see why they shouldn't have the freedom to do that. Besides, feats don't have that big of an impact on the quality of the book in the end.

The problem with this, is that she will be really good for 20 or 30 issues (depending on how long it will take for this book to get cancelled (every book in the New 52, besides the main ones, get cancelled), and after that, she will be written as she was before, at least that's what always happens.

Well, hopefully that's not the case. Matt Fraction's new take on Hawkeye seems to have stuck over at Marvel.

And that's even if this is actually the case. I doubt she will really be "number one" as far as martial arts skill, even though I wouldn't have a problem with it. And again, I can understand the importance of continuity, but I don't really see the problem with her skill level fluctuating from writer to writer if that's how it plays out. It only really has an effect on battle forum arguments, and contradicting feats are brought up all the time there anyway. Although, if they do end up boosting Black Canary's skill level I hope it's treated as a different take on the character, and not just dismissed as PIS.

username12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

@scouterv: I know it has been a few weeks but here is that scan:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I'll let you decide if this is a valid victory for Batman or not. It's from Vixen Return of the Lion #5.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ultragreenboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She's probably a bit below Nightwing and above Red Hood.

Avatar image for midnightdragon18
midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By midnightdragon18

@ultragreenboy: that doesn't really make any sense considering Nightwing = red hood

Ultragreenboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Martial Arts isn't important in New 52. Look at Shiva getting shot in the butt and one shotted by our Lord and Savior JT.