Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Seriously massive spoilers ahead.

Thor and Hyperion's last stand against the Beyonders.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

I called this a few weeks ago, the Thor becoming worthy at the last second. But I thought he would become unworthy when he would fight Rabum Alal. But than that was one heck of a way to go out.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanrocket: I actually think Rabum Alal will be the one to save everybody

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: Same here. I feel the Hickman's line of "All Hope lies in Doom", from FF is being applied here.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: Same here. I feel the Hickman's line of "All Hope lies in Doom", from FF is being applied here.

Agreed. Also he's Hickman's favourite character even more so than Reed so I could see him being made the savour.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Bro, that was dope lol why havent I been reading this??!!

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Well I'm glad someone recognised that Thor is a better character when he's worthy. Almost enough to make me appreciate Hickman's mimicking of Morrison's writing style.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

-Lightbringer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thank goodness Thor became worthy again. I hope he gets back the true Mjolnir soon.

Still, it doesn't explain how he became unworthy in the first place from a few words and became worthy simply by protecting his friends....like always.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@-lightbringer-: Well I presume he became worthy again when he decided to sacrifice himself

-Lightbringer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@-lightbringer-: Well I presume he became worthy again when he decided to sacrifice himself

But he's been doing that all the time. He sacrificed himself even before he became unworthy, so how is it that he became unworthy in the first place?

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

But he's been doing that all the time. He sacrificed himself even before he became unworthy, so how is it that he became unworthy in the first place?

Yeah but he's never made a conscious decision like "I'm going to kill myself to by time for others" before. He's never been unworthy while he's died before.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was so awesome a very fitting end for Thor but for characters like him there is always another story to be told.

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aaron should take note

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I might be impressed if this was an actual death instead of just a hiccup before battle world.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I might be impressed if this was an actual death instead of just a hiccup before battle world.

no such thing

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While the death of characters in this issue is a big deal, the second biggest thing to take away from this issue is that the Beyonders are in the process of running an "experiment". So these Beyonders could be the ones who help in the creation of Battle World. My next theory is that the tree that Abyss and Ex Nihilo made with the first Beyonder will become the Beyonder from the 1st Secret Wars, since they made a comment about giving that Beyonder a new cause/purpose.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Hickman respects the characters he writes, i like him

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While the death of characters in this issue is a big deal, the second biggest thing to take away from this issue is that the Beyonders are in the process of running an "experiment". So these Beyonders could be the ones who help in the creation of Battle World. My next theory is that the tree that Abyss and Ex Nihilo made with the first Beyonder will become the Beyonder from the 1st Secret Wars, since they made a comment about giving that Beyonder a new cause/purpose.

I thought it would be the world tree for the new universe there going to build

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mark_stephen said:

no such thing

Tell this to uncle Ben... ops, i forgot that he was kinda ressurected as Spider-man and transferred to MC2. So now there is really no such thing.

killraven4334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By killraven4334

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

and this is why she-thor will never hold a candle to the real deal. Thor redefining badass yet again. Even without the hammer he is more a hero than his imposter could ever hope to be. good job hickman, way to show up aaron by writing the best thor on the market

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Mark_Stephen

Well the sad thing is that while it is a fine death scene (even if they misspelled Thor on the hammer), there is just so much death in this storyline that this doesn't even rate as a speed bump. Namor and his cabal have murdered worlds, more worlds have died without anyone even noticing and in the end it won't matter because we know battle world is coming up and after that a rebooted marvel universe of some sort. They've screamed 'it's just comics, they'll be back' so often that something like death is just so... laughable. There's nothing here to be upset about, nothing here to stir the emotions, it's just two characters going off stage for a quick costume change. Marvel and DC have diluted the concept of death to the point that I really don't care anymore.

I don't think the writers realize just how pathetic death scenes like this are.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So which Thor died in this attack? Then again if you have multiple Thor's and a few die that sort of reduces death's impact even more. Is a Thor dead or is a Thorr dead? What's the difference, what's the point?

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mark_stephen: In this issue 616 Thor died, he had possession of the alternate reality Thorr's hammer, which he was able to use up to this point since he had been unworthy. Suddenly not being able to lift it indicated he's once again worthy and it was a nice touch having him laugh at the irony of the situation.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Mark_Stephen

@jaken7: What I have strong feelings about is the fact that DC and Marvel are treating death like a joke.

This Thor will be back, that Thorr will be back... what I have strong feelings about is a cycle of retreads and reboots that have nearly destroyed my fondness for what were heroes and are now just playing cards to be reshuffled and dealt again and again. Thor looses the hammer, Thor will get the hammer back, Thor looses and arm, Thor will get the arm back... You're right, I'm not picking it up, I don't have the money and I don't have the enthusiasm for what will be just a precursor to a reboot that'll be reversed and forgotten in another few years.

"It's just comics" has been screamed at me enough times that I've finally accepted it and accepted just how pointless and often badly written these stories actually are. That acceptance does I'll admit make me a bit of a downer, but with heroes constantly failing at both Marvel and DC and writers indulging their egos at the expense of the characters I'm not sure what there is to be happy about. Doubtless you'll tell me but don't bother, I don't think I'll be here or anywhere again ever.

Avatar image for unbreakable_fs4
unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got chills reading this

titing2101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By titing2101

goosebumps after reading this issue! i know thor will be back, but I hope this hyperion does to0.. wasnt really a fan of the other hyperions but the current one i liked. hope he'll be the main hyperion on 616

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In regards to Thor and Hyperion's end:

Loading Video...

Kokemabb200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@jonny_anonymous said:

@-lightbringer- said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

Yeah but he's never made a conscious decision like "I'm going to kill myself to by time for others" before. He's never been unworthy while he's died before.

When he fought Cul, he made a conscious decision to sacrifice himself to the Serpent knowing that the only way to win was if he died.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kokemabb200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: I'm saying that if he's proven his worthiness by sacrificing himself in the past, he shouldn't/wouldn't need to prove it by sacrificing himself again. There isn't a connection between him being selfless and him being unworthy.

When he, Starbrand, and Hyperion were told that there was no coming back from where they were being sent, he still elected to go. If selflessness and worthiness were intertwined then from the moment the trio left he should have become worthy again.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Mark_Stephen

@trickyman86: I am, I've seen death,I've been hurt by death and it irritates me how carelessly and pointlessly they are killing off characters and worlds, more characters than worlds because they don't seem to be able to know the value of life. Kill Thor once, kill him a thousand times and then blink and he'll be back because it's easier to bring him back then to work hard on creating another character. They don't know the true power or meaning of death and if they aren't taking it seriously I'm not going to. Right now marvel and DC are on a killing spree, spraying the comic book world with billions of gallons of blood for cheap drama and I just don't enjoy pointless and temporary death. Death is real, death has power and the idea that Thor is being brave or noble dying when everyones just going to come back after the reboot does anger and sadden me.

They've used death as a plot device too many times for me to consider it and the plot of this anything but a joke.

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't even read this comic and it brought out the feels

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: I'm saying that if he's proven his worthiness by sacrificing himself in the past, he shouldn't/wouldn't need to prove it by sacrificing himself again. There isn't a connection between him being selfless and him being unworthy.

When he, Starbrand, and Hyperion were told that there was no coming back from where they were being sent, he still elected to go. If selflessness and worthiness were intertwined then from the moment the trio left he should have become worthy again.

Well clearly you are wrong since it literally shows him becoming worth again

Kokemabb200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: he's becoming worthy because of something else, not because he's willing to sacrifice himself.

He didn't lose his worthiness because he was selfish. He lost it because he was TOLD something. He wasn't selfish when he lost Mjolnir, he was still his regular self.

The only other superhero as selfless as Thor is Steve Rodgers. It's an innate part of his character. No one definitively knows what was said but it's a huge leap that whatever it was made Thor act selfish.

It's more likely that Fury told him something he did in the past that he was unaware of that was so terrible that he wasn't worthy of carrying Mjolnir anymore

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Mark_Stephen

@trickyman86: Yep, and that kind of thinking gets us endless sequels.

As to your other point my response was as honest and eloquent as I could make it. But if you want to slam me for it go ahead, there are bullies like you on every board I've ever been on, always ready to kick some one in the teeth if they cross a line you've laid down. Do it again, have fun.

-Lightbringer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: he's becoming worthy because of something else, not because he's willing to sacrifice himself.

He didn't lose his worthiness because he was selfish. He lost it because he was TOLD something. He wasn't selfish when he lost Mjolnir, he was still his regular self.

The only other superhero as selfless as Thor is Steve Rodgers. It's an innate part of his character. No one definitively knows what was said but it's a huge leap that whatever it was made Thor act selfish.

It's more likely that Fury told him something he did in the past that he was unaware of that was so terrible that he wasn't worthy of carrying Mjolnir anymore

Exactly. But even still, it wouldn't make sense since Mjolnir chooses its wielder regardless of whether or not the wielder is aware of their decisions. If that were the case, then anyone who believed themselves to be worthy would be able to wield it.

Kokemabb200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@-lightbringer-: You're right. It really just depends on what Fury said. The the only reason I've been reading the current Thor run is to figure it out, but it doesn't look like we're going to find out any time soon.

Divell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided