#1 Edited by The Stegman (23160 posts) - - Show Bio

Awhile ago I did something pretty similar where I pitted a DC title against a Marvel title, but I soon grew bored of that, now, since Tournaments are all the rage, I figured I'd jump on the bandwagon and try again.

So, here's how it goes. I'll pick one title from DC's New 52 and one title from Marvel's Marvel NOW. It is up to you viners to choose which you like better. The first title to get 10 votes moves on to the next round!

Now, first, Green Lantern vs Thor: God of Thunder

#2 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17333 posts) - - Show Bio

thor

#3 Posted by RIKR2 (10446 posts) - - Show Bio

thor

#4 Posted by Dark_Guyver (2295 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Lantern

#5 Posted by gunmetalgrey (1267 posts) - - Show Bio

Johns and Mahnke may be the tried and tested team for Lantern books, but Thor still comes out on top.

#6 Posted by JMG (224 posts) - - Show Bio

God of Thunder is a modern classic.

Thor

#7 Edited by WaveMotionCannon (5183 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor

#8 Posted by Moonchilde (1601 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor: God of Thunder

#9 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7595 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Edited by Wolverine08 (38861 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor!

#11 Posted by comedy_brosUSA (758 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor! I don't even like thor that much, but DC rebooting everything was a waste of time and money.

#12 Posted by spinningbirdcake (1430 posts) - - Show Bio

GL for me. I feel like with the exception of Batman this is going to be a stomp in Marvel Now's favor.

#13 Posted by Black_Arrow (2554 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor

#14 Posted by Z3RO180 (6326 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor

#15 Posted by solon (421 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor: God of Thunder

#16 Edited by RaggedScarecrow (788 posts) - - Show Bio

11-2 for Thor: God of Thunder. @the_stegman: We're ready for the next round.

#17 Posted by tomlikesfries (4626 posts) - - Show Bio

I vote Thor, but GL's first story arc (Sinestro) was beyond amazing in my opinion.

#18 Posted by attatje (1421 posts) - - Show Bio

GL

#19 Edited by The Stegman (23160 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay, voting over, almost a stomp for Thor:God of Thunder, who will move on. Also, didn't mention this in the rules, but if it comes down to a group of comics from one company, then those will go head to head to get a definitive winner!!

Next,

All New X-Men vs Justice League of America

#20 Edited by attatje (1421 posts) - - Show Bio

JLA

#21 Edited by Binski (645 posts) - - Show Bio

JLA

#22 Posted by G_leno (937 posts) - - Show Bio

X-men

#23 Posted by NoahMaximillion (328 posts) - - Show Bio

JLA

#24 Posted by westy206 (576 posts) - - Show Bio

X-men.

#25 Posted by The Stegman (23160 posts) - - Show Bio

JLA 3, X-Men-2

#26 Edited by Xwraith (15522 posts) - - Show Bio

JLA. Marvel Now X-books have been nothing but disappointments.

#27 Posted by tomlikesfries (4626 posts) - - Show Bio

All-New X-Men by far.

#28 Edited by AllStarSuperman (20210 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor! I don't even like thor that much, but DC rebooting everything was a waste of time and money.

Umm, dude, Green Lantern wasn't rebooted...

#29 Posted by AllStarSuperman (20210 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by The Stegman (23160 posts) - - Show Bio

4-4 tie!!

#31 Edited by G_leno (937 posts) - - Show Bio

@xwraith:

I'd agree with you with the exception of all new. I like where its gone so far.

#32 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

All New X-men. I really liked JLA pre trinity war though

#33 Edited by jason55 (29 posts) - - Show Bio

THOR

#34 Posted by comedy_brosUSA (758 posts) - - Show Bio

@comedy_brosusa said:

Umm, dude, Green Lantern wasn't rebooted...

yeah I know HE wasn't 'rebooted', but the universe around him was. but overall i'm mad at both companies because Marvel is re starting each series whenever it gets to a high number or switches creative teams. can't we just keep the numbering going. making the new 52 all start out on the same issues got hard to follow because it's hard to remember "do I need to get Detective 24...or is it Batman 24" since they are mostly on the same numbering. and ALL NEW Marvel Now! seems cool because their bringing back a lot of heroes that we haven't seen in a while, but some of the heroes' suits look dorky. like Captain America looks too much like the movie counterpart for me.

#35 Posted by AllStarSuperman (20210 posts) - - Show Bio

@comedy_brosusa: I like the similar numbering in DC, but I don't like marvels constant need to relaunch after only like 15 issues. agreed about some of the suits looking stupid

#36 Posted by spinningbirdcake (1430 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm gonna go with JLA. I've enjoyed Bendis's stuff in the past but it just seems like he has a singular voice for every character or group of characters, and a style of plot laying, or seemingly a lack thereof, but that as of late I just can't get into.

TLDR, JLA.

#37 Posted by comedy_brosUSA (758 posts) - - Show Bio

@comedy_brosusa: I like the similar numbering in DC, but I don't like marvels constant need to relaunch after only like 15 issues. agreed about some of the suits looking stupid

yes. I don't mind the numbering in DC, it just stinks that we can't see " action comics 920" etc. Marvel loves it's re-launching though. it seems x-men series' and avengers' 100 each titles are getting re launched every year or two. what is your opinion on the Hulk and CA suit?

#38 Posted by VoodooPenguin (974 posts) - - Show Bio

JLA

#39 Edited by AllStarSuperman (20210 posts) - - Show Bio

@allstarsuperman said:

yes. I don't mind the numbering in DC, it just stinks that we can't see " action comics 920" etc. Marvel loves it's re-launching though. it seems x-men series' and avengers' 100 each titles are getting re launched every year or two. what is your opinion on the Hulk and CA suit?

yeah, It is gonna be especially stupid when the will clame they have a 1000th issue just for the sales increase and then go back to the normal number, I think Hulk looks kinda cool, tbh, but I am not a huge fan of Cap's new suit.

#40 Edited by Fallschirmjager (15274 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice contest!

JLA

#41 Posted by Saint_Wildcard (9231 posts) - - Show Bio

JLA

#42 Edited by VoodooPenguin (974 posts) - - Show Bio

JLA-8, X-4

#43 Edited by comedy_brosUSA (758 posts) - - Show Bio

@comedy_brosusa said:

@allstarsuperman said:

yeah, It is gonna be especially stupid when the will clame they have a 1000th issue just for the sales increase and then go back to the normal number, I think Hulk looks kinda cool, tbh, but I am not a huge fan of Cap's new suit.

yeah. it's in DC's nature to do this so it won't be surprising. but on occasion I don't mind Hulk's suit, it's just not the same Hulk I guess, for me. and once the avengers, iron man, thor, and Captain America movies are over, I think Marvel will look at their sales increase and go " hm...well, let's write back in all of the characters' original costumes since our little movie experiment is over". I mean, are the comic prices really increasing that the avengers movies are out? to me I don't think so because most people I talk to acknowledge the avengers are a comic book team, but they don't say " hm, I really liked avengers so i'm gonna go get the comic book of it". unless little kids got interested, because I got into comics when I saw the spider-man movie with Tobey Maguire and watched Batman: The animated series.

#44 Posted by attatje (1421 posts) - - Show Bio
#45 Posted by The Stegman (23160 posts) - - Show Bio
#46 Posted by attatje (1421 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman: Why don't you vote or are you indifferent about it

#47 Posted by The Stegman (23160 posts) - - Show Bio
#48 Posted by ShadowSwordmaster (12253 posts) - - Show Bio

All New X Men

#49 Posted by HumanRocket (7523 posts) - - Show Bio

All new X-Men

#50 Posted by attatje (1421 posts) - - Show Bio

8-7 in JLA's favor