Posted by The Stegman (25989 posts) 1 year, 2 months ago

Poll: New 52 vs Marvel NOW! #1- Wonder Woman vs Thor:God of Thunder (99 votes)

Wonder Woman 41%
Thor:God of Thunder 59%

I decided it would be fun to pick two titles from Marvel NOW! and DC's The New 52 and pit them against each other every now and again, mostly because I'm bored, but some of the greatest ideas arise from boredom, so here goes.

This week it is Marvel's "Thor:God of Thunder" by writer Jason Aaron vs DC's "Wonder Woman'' by writer Brian Azzarello. Which one do you enjoy more?

#1 Posted by Wolverine08 (45571 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor: God of Thunder in a godstomp.

#2 Posted by dondave (38891 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor: God of Thunder by far

#3 Posted by SNascimento (442 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman is the best nu52 book. It gets my vote.

#4 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Wonder Woman a lot but Thor

#5 Posted by Skyfire (760 posts) - - Show Bio

I much prefer Thor as a character but this is actually a hard choice. Both are great books.

Thor GOT shades it for me because I found Gorr a pretty cool new villain.

#6 Posted by Extremis (3363 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor: God of Thunder. God stomp, as someone said.

#7 Posted by Supreme_Maj (301 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor God of thunder takes it it's true Wonder Woman new 52 run is good but what Jason Aaron wrote t's something else my vote goes to Thor without hesitation .

#8 Edited by SOG7dc (8086 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually Read both and this is tough...I've said before that Thor god of thunder is THE best super hero comic out right now....but Azzarello's wonder woman is very underrated IMHO......it's Norse epic vs Greek drama....I can't pick

#9 Posted by ganon15 (1862 posts) - - Show Bio

WW

#10 Posted by cameron83 (7643 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by lightsout (1836 posts) - - Show Bio

Odds that people will vote after actually having read all of both & not sticking to party or character lines? (or even, misinterpret it as a battle) haha

I'm not up to date on Thor so I can't fairly vote. I do eventually want to catch up though (the beginning of the god-slayer arc was intriguing).

#12 Edited by QueenCorp15 (1035 posts) - - Show Bio

Like both but gotta go with thor

#13 Posted by noj (1090 posts) - - Show Bio

No freaking way Thor is winning this. Thor was great dont get me wrong but Wonder Woman took me by complete suprise with how good it was. It laid the foundation of a brilliant new world. Im still reading Wonder Woman to this day and I havent missed a single issue. I NEVER thought I would say that before the New 52. I lost interest in Thor after issue 5.

#14 Edited by cameron83 (7643 posts) - - Show Bio

@noj said:

No freaking way Thor is winning this. Thor was great dont get me wrong but Wonder Woman took me by complete suprise with how good it was. It laid the foundation of a brilliant new world. Im still reading Wonder Woman to this day and I havent missed a single issue. I NEVER thought I would say that before the New 52. I lost interest in Thor after issue 5.

To be fair I stopped reading Wonder Woman. The whole baby thing was getting boring to me. I mean,it had some good moments,but.....meh.

And the recent issue of Thor made me hooked.

But to each his own :)

#15 Posted by corey1003 (31 posts) - - Show Bio

As much as I think WW is cool to me she doesn't hold a candle to Thor. I'm actually about to drop one of my comics for thor: god of thunder.

#16 Posted by Deranged Midget (17968 posts) - - Show Bio

God of Thunder by a longshot for me personally. I liked Wonder Woman's issue a lot but I prefer Thor as a character much more and Aaron and Ribic killed it!

#17 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5665 posts) - - Show Bio

THOR

#18 Edited by venomoushatred1001 (12273 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Edited by Outside_85 (10243 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman.

#21 Posted by gunmetalgrey (1275 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor: God of Thunder, and I wouldn't say it was a hard choice. The mega-arc was just on a whole 'nother level.

#22 Posted by Jake Fury (19202 posts) - - Show Bio

Voted WW due to more exposure. Heard great things about Thor and I really enjoyed the first few issues that I read.

#23 Posted by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (2091 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

Thor: God of Thunder by far

Thor: God of Thunder, and I wouldn't say it was a hard choice. The mega-arc was just on a whole 'nother level.

Thor God of thunder takes it it's true Wonder Woman new 52 run is good but what Jason Aaron wrote t's something else my vote goes to Thor without hesitation .

Thor: God of Thunder in a godstomp.

God of Thunder by a longshot for me personally. I liked Wonder Woman's issue a lot but I prefer Thor as a character much more and Aaron and Ribic killed it!

Like both but gotta go with thor

@extremis said:

Thor: God of Thunder. God stomp, as someone said.

@skyfire said:

I much prefer Thor as a character but this is actually a hard choice. Both are great books.

Thor GOT shades it for me because I found Gorr a pretty cool new villain.

#24 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (20244 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor-GOT.

#25 Posted by TheWalkingDeadpool (23 posts) - - Show Bio

Never would have thought it before, but my vote went to Diana. I love, love, love Thor, but Wonder Woman might be one of the best DC going right now, not something I ever thought I would say.

#26 Edited by Night Thrasher (3708 posts) - - Show Bio

Both Great: Thor GoT greater.

#27 Posted by Mr_Ingenuity (7952 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Posted by Lvenger (21181 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman for me. Despite the excellent quality of Thor: GOT, particularly in the last 4 issues of the Godbomb arc, it doesn't quite reach the brilliance of Azzarello's Wonder Woman. I've never not enjoyed an issue of Azzarello's run or found something fresh and creatively innovative each issue that pushes the boundary up from the last issue. The title does things in the stories that outpace the competition by a lot, even Thor: GOT. It's the best title DC has going on by far and is one of the best comics on the stands IMO.

#29 Posted by ShadowSwordmaster (16419 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor: God of Thunder

#30 Posted by batmannflash (6226 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman for me.

#31 Posted by judasnixon (7181 posts) - - Show Bio

Man I have to go with Wonder Woman on this...... It's one of my top 3 books right now......

#32 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

This shouldn't be close at all! Thor has been receiving a lot of raves and Wonder Women, meh!

#33 Edited by Pperspectiveandreality (1931 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman has been my favorite comic for a while now. Bravo to Aaron and Azzarello for rejuvenating these two mythological characters and taking them to new, unfettered ground. This is how I see this comparison:

Art-Thor

Dialogue-Wonder Woman

Pacing- Wonder Woman

Moments- Thor

Character expansion- Wonder Woman

Story- Wonder Woman

Creativity and Innovation- Wonder Woman

Action- Thor

Boldness- Thor

That was tough but I really think that's about how these books stack up to one another.

#34 Posted by Experio (17156 posts) - - Show Bio

The votes says it all.

#35 Posted by linkjt (476 posts) - - Show Bio

This shouldn't be close at all! Thor has been receiving a lot of raves and Wonder Women, meh!

what is wrong with wonder woman?,it's one of the best new 52 titles.

#36 Edited by Pperspectiveandreality (1931 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess I should re-read Thor.