New 52 Superman?

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

How strong/powerful is his suit in the New 52?

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

This question is best placed in the Superman section, but to answer the question it can heal with enough solar power (Superman vs Apollo fight) and can help the wearer absorb solar energy faster (as said by Superman to Superboy in the H'el arc)

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

it got destroyed and regenerated itself. Superman says it isn't even armour cause it doesn't protect him any more then his skin, he just wears it to honor krypton

G_leno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By G_leno

It saved superboy from his DNA unravelling, holding him together. Also confirming that he is of the house of El to Superman, because the 'S' crest appeared when he wore it. It is as durable as Superman himself, as a knife broke when the little boy had it and got stabbed trying to stop a crime.

Avatar image for wishiwassuperman
WIshIWasSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I don't think it's armour in the classic sense - but it does offer types of protection - such as slowing the loss of power when under a red son. However we've seen it take damage as well - and then restore itself. I believe it's a type of nano-technology - someone may be able to clarify better (or I'll go back to earlier comics to when he acquired the suit). Also it can alter it's own appearance to serve as ceremonial clothing and other outfits for him to wear - it seems as though this is what they wore on Krypton and it adjusted itself depending on the situation the individual was in (as seen in the recent Return to Krypton arc).