#1 Posted by briangsharon (147 posts) - - Show Bio

Please recommend me the New 52 Super-Family books I should read, I'm not a big fan of Morrisson but willing to give it a try.

#2 Edited by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

The only real positive I've heard from the Super books is Morrison's Action Comics. But frankly I was never able to get into his Batman run which I felt was being weird purely for the sake of it. So because of that, I'm waiting for the Snyder-Lee collaboration next year.

#3 Posted by Video_Martian (5562 posts) - - Show Bio

Action Comics

#4 Posted by SmashBrawler (5978 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr.obvious said:

Action Comics

Yep, this.

#5 Posted by briangsharon (147 posts) - - Show Bio

@Reignmaker: I am in this exact same situation! I have heard good things about superboy as well but not sure.

NOt sure how the H'el on earth crossover will effect Snyder & Lees man of steel though.

#6 Posted by The_Tree (7979 posts) - - Show Bio

Action Comics has been great, especially if you're a fan of Morrison. I've also been liking Scott Lobdell's Superman, which so far has been Superman Annual #1, Superman #0, and Superman #13

#7 Edited by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

@briangsharon said:

NOt sure how the H'el on earth crossover will effect Snyder & Lees man of steel though.

My hunch is it won't have any noticeable effect. Man of Steel isn't out for at least another 6-7 months or so. And though it's supposed to happen within the continuity, I suspect DC will want to make it as newbie-friendly as possible so fans of the movie will have an easy place to jump on the bandwagon.

Of course, I haven't really been following the books so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

#8 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

Supergirl is pretty good, despite a few occasional low points, I'd actually say Supergirl is the best of the super-family books out right now. Morrison is leaving Action Comics and Andy Diggle is taking over, might be a good place to jump in. Superman has gradually improved since Lobdell took the reigns, but its definitely a Scott Lobdell book, meaning I'd only pick it up if you tend to enjoy his writing. Superboy started out great but really dipped in quality after the first arc (as with much of the New 52).

There's a new Superman title launching in 2013 by Scott Snyder and Jim Lee that will most likely be amazing.

#9 Posted by Juandicimo_Magnifico45 (152 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Tree said:

I've also been liking Scott Lobdell's Superman, which so far has been Superman Annual #1, Superman #0, and Superman #13

I agree that Scott's Superman so far has been good. I have not liked Supergirl since issue #2 honestly. Other than that, I suggest waiting out for Man Of Steel by Jim Lee and Scott Snyder.

#10 Posted by TheCannon (19462 posts) - - Show Bio

I can only recommend Action Comics and Superman. I have not read Supergirl (even though I want to so much) or Superboy. From what I've read, Superboy is absolutely horrible, so I recommend you don't get that.