New 52 : Martian Manhunter has no place?

Avatar image for dannilosantiago
dannilosantiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

Since the NEW 52 debut in 2011,the long date DC Comics fans were shocked with the announcement that J'onn J'onzz,the Martian Manhunter were no longer a Justice League founding member,giving his place to a former Teen Titan,Cyborg.

After 4 years or less,Cyborg finally fitted to the team,becoming an important member of the JL,after the efforts of Geoff Johns.Poor Victor suffered in the hands of the fans,who blamed him for J'onn's absence,but that is not the truth,the fault lies in the hand of...Geoff Johns!!! I admit that I was furious when that happen,but,Cyborg earned his place,but I still prefer J'onn!!!

The Martian Manhunter debuted in the New 52 as a member of the StormWatch,was a Justice League member,I don't know how and when,but not as a Founder,then he entered in the Justice League of America,now he is in the Justice League United,the blond League!...During that time he also appear in many other comic books such Green Lantern Corps,Legion of Super Heroes and Action & Comics to name a feel...

DC is trying to find a place to him,trying to put him somewhere,but it isn't working!Despite the fact that I actually liked the JLA and I'm enjoing the JLU,I have a feeling that the JLU will not last long enough.. :(

We all know why J'onn can't find a place...Because there's only one place that he belongs...

..The Justice League...

And I'm not talking of the "B" leagues,I talking of the "A" team,with the DC's Trinity and the others.J'onn is a character known as the Soul of the Justice League,the history and career of Martian Manhunter is heavily bound to the story of the team,so when take the Justice League from him,the character loses a big part of his essense,he loses what make him special and important to the DC Universe...

Unfortunetely,because of the New 52,J'onn is also losing his spot on the animated movies,games and such...And in 2017,when we'll finally see a Justice League movie,DC chooses to adapt the New 52 version,so,no J'onn...People say that he may be in the movie ot on i'ts sequel in 2019,but will not be the same thing...I belive that J'onn is not a founder because the need to represent minories in the comics,Cyborg is there to fill a "need",to say: "Hey! look,we have a black super hero in the league now!" I am not racist,I love Cyborg,he was one of my favorite Titans,he is an amzing character,but I don't like the way that he entered in the Justice League,THAT was racist...I also belive that Cyborg does almost the same thing MM did in the Team,he is the one trying to find a place in the world,he is the one who try the team united,he is the one who almost live in the Watchtower,he is the one the link of the team,as J'onn did but with Telepathy...So I actually belive that Cyborg is a replacement,with a few changes... I just think that is not right.Cyborg and the Martian Manhunter,both are suffering the fact that DC is becoming incompetent to represent their characters,something that happened only in the movies,is moving to the animations,for TV (I don't believe that Arrow is representing Oliver Queen in the right way,for me,he is Batman with a Bow)and now,also for comics...

Darktimecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

J'onn's only place is with the Justice league. That's what these cyborg supporters don't understand.

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@dannilosantiago: this is understandable, the race thing is definitely a factor but it also stands to reason that MM's power set covers to may bases for him to be properly shown in comics. he's not as popular but he can do everything superman can and more as well as being older and smarter.

Darktimecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hyperlight: A couple things. One, J'onn has a vulnerability to fire, which balances out his immense power. Two, his Shapeshifting and telepathy give him a unique enough presence. Three, regardless of him being overpowered, J'onn is a staple of the league, idk about you but it feels wrong without him.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree he should be on the real justice league. There's no reason for the JLA and the JL can have more than seven people, they do right now actually.

wrongdamnside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was also really surprised when New 52 took J'onn out of the JL lineup, but I thought he'd find a home with Stormwatch, being a Martian and all. Sad to hear he's been bouncing around the place.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wrongdamnside: not really bouncing around, he was consistently on JLA, then moved to JLU along with Green Arrow, Hawkman, and Stargirl

anything else he was in was just a cameo

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darktimecop: im not saying I don't agree. MM is one of my favorites and he is pretty much their rock. im just saying it would be hard to write about a character that can drop anyone without even fighting them, and even if they did want to fight 9 times out of 10 they would be destroyed

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We all know why J'onn can't find a place...Because there's only one place that he belongs...

..The Justice League...

Darktimecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hyperlight: Well, you could say that about most Justice league members. Superman could use his heat and microscopic visions to lobotomize someone, The Flash could vibrate and scramble the enemies brain, Green Lantern could create a device that instantly crushes the enemy's head and Zatanna could instantly teleport her opponent to jail or something etc.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@dannilosantiago said:

..The Justice League...

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Cyborg should have staid part of the teen titans

Avatar image for thenaughtytitan
TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TheNaughtyTitan

They should give him his love of Oreo's back

No Caption Provided

This has nothing to do with the topic at hand but damn he is in need of some personality.....

Nathaniel_Adam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

just be patient

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darktimecop: im more talking about in comparison to the main 7. he is superman and professor x with the added of treats of intangibility, invisibility, and shapeshifting. meaning if he wouldn't have to lay a hand on anyone if he didn't want to and even if he had to they could touch him. even if they could touch him, they are not beating him. do you see what im saying? I love MM and I believe he shouldn't be replaced but I understand why they don't use him as much.

Darktimecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hyperlight: fair enough. But my point still stands that most of the JLA could be considered story breakers or overpowered.

Avatar image for dannilosantiago
dannilosantiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Today I can say: Yes!

Now he has a place!!!But outside the New 52!!!Martian Manhunter gets his own Solo series in June/2015!!!

So excited!

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cyborg should've gotten the boot.