New 52 Arsenal.. WTF??

Nightwing_1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Nightwing_1234

ive been reading red hood and the outlaws since it came out.. but arsenal, who used to be one of my favorite characters pre-52 is totally different (and worse) now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By 202122

@Nightwing_1234: I disagree, but could you explain why at least?

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By the_tree

Eh, I generally like him.

I'm most disappointed that they substituted a heroin addiction with alcoholism, and I'm not a fan of the trucker cap. I also kind of liked the mechanical arm from before relaunch but I'm probably in the minority for that one.

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By PrinceIMC

I was a fan of Arsenal near the end of the Titans run and through his Outsider days and the beginning of his time as Red Arrow in the Justice League....buy after I found out what happened to him and his daughter I'm glad they took a couple steps backwards. I don't mind him in Red Hood, there's lots of opportunity for growth eventually.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 137

#5  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

considering where he was post Cry For Justice, he kinda needed a restart.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By JakeN7

@The_Tree said:

Eh, I generally like him.

I'm most disappointed that they substituted a heroin addiction with alcoholism, and I'm not a fan of the trucker cap. I also kind of liked the mechanical arm from before relaunch but I'm probably in the minority for that one.

I wish he'd get a haircut reminiscent of the Roy Harper clone from Young Justice. I always thought the short, spiked hair looked good on Red Arrow. Then I'd like him to burn the trucker hat... but I'm pretty sure he's aware everyone hates it and that's why he keeps wearing it. I also miss his mechanical arm. It was a way to separate his skill set from Green Arrow, and it really fit with the name Arsenal. Plus, it was a ROBOT ARM! So cool. At least Arsenal's fake arm was better than Aquaman's hook IMO.

Urban_Ronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Urban_Ronin

The trucker hat has to go.

arnoldoaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8  Edited By arnoldoaad

It goes for me like this

Young Justice's Red Arrow > Outsider's Arsenal > Outlaw's Arsenal > JLA Red Arrow > INFINITY > Rise of Arsenal

the new Roy is not very good, he just lacks pretty much everything that made old Arsenal a good and interesting character, mainly all those relationships with the Titans his dark past with drugs and ofcourse the single father dynamic, instead he is more like a DUDE character, which doesnt really fit with who he was

STILL, he is miles beyond to what he was before the new 52, the JLA's Red Arrow was not really bad he was just boring, he had no personality and was just moody all the time about Kendra or another BS, he was a bad borring clone of Green Arrow, and the whole angle of Lian i thought was kind of badly done, he was almost a token single father with 0 exploration on that angle

the post-Cry for Justice Roy is not only his worst version but one of the worst character assassinations ever made in comics

he is just the most unlikable whiny douguebag ever created, in a way you are suppose to empathize with him and just feel sorry for him but it is impossible to do.

so at least the new Arsenal is kind of likable, he is just not the same character at all

Nightwing_1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Nightwing_1234

Well i hate the trucker hat and the haircut. Also his tattoos are no longer tribal. He no longer has all of his old weaponry, he is a GA clone in the weaponry department. Also i like that hes funny, but i wish he could be the serious badass every once in a while. I think he should get his own arc where he is amazing kind of like how starfire did recently

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#10  Edited By Teerack

Arsenal is easily the best revamped character in the new 52. Roy was always a favorite of mine and the past 6 years before the new 52 was DC seemed to be do all in their power to give the character the worst possible character treatment they could phantom.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#11  Edited By TDK_1997

Yep.I dislike him a lot too.I loved him before the New 52 but now he has that trucker hat.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By ccraft

Arsenal new 52 is way better, hes funnier and awesome, the DC presents issue was really good. So I don't see why you don't like him. He even gets Starfire as a girlfriend! @Nightwing_1234: What version of Arsenal is better?

No Caption Provided