New #1s that I should look out for?

ST3ALTHSE7EN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I know i'm far behind when it comes to most story arcs and comics, but I was wondering in the last few months or so has there been any new #1s that you've read or heard about that you want to read? I was looking at picking up Buzzkill #1, but wasn't sure. Does anyone know of any new reboots that are going to be taking place soon at all? Any and all thoughts are welcomed. Thanks!

DoomDoomDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 10

The only #1 issues I've picked up in the last couple months are...Forever Evil, Eternal Warrior, Zero....I think that's it.

InFamous_Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@st3althse7en: I would definitely get Buzzkill #1

You should try

• Kiss me Satan #1
  • Zero #1
  • Brain Boy #1 (badass)
kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LAZARUS. Get it. It's Image.

Also, go to Valiant, get Eternal Warrior along with Quantum and Woody, that's at issue 2 or 3, so easy to catch up.

Brain Boy is good as well, from what I've heard.

Also...are you looking for indy books or books from the Big 2? Because so far the recommendations have been just indys.

ST3ALTHSE7EN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm looking to take on anything either from the big 2 or from the indys. I should have gotten Buzzkill today. I was just at the comic shop! I'll drop in tomorrow to snag it.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

DecoyElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

UNITY! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HYPED!

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Eternal Warrior is awesome and there's only 1 issue. Also jump on XO manowar at 15 or 17. Superman unchained is great it only has 3 issues.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I also recommend Eternal Warrior. Valiant also has Unity (essentially their answer to the Justice League or Avengers) coming out in November, but you should probably read X-O Manowar if you plan on reading that.

impossibilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Matt Fraction's new Image series, Sex Criminals, looks promising. The first issue comes out this Wednesday.

ST3ALTHSE7EN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm hearing a ton about Eternal Warrior. I might need to look into that sooner than later. @v_scarlotte_rose, how are you liking the Might Avengers? I haven't heard much about it.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

@st3althse7en: yes read Eternal Warrior and add Unity to your pull as that starts in November and should be a real game changer.

ST3ALTHSE7EN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice. Thanks for the heads up @extremis. I know before I jump into Unity, I will need to get some X-O Manowar reading done. I'm going back to the comic shop today to snag a few copies.

DecoyElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By DecoyElite

Nice. Thanks for the heads up @extremis. I know before I jump into Unity, I will need to get some X-O Manowar reading done. I'm going back to the comic shop today to snag a few copies.

If you read digital it'd be cheaper to go that route. 99 cent sale at Comixology right now dude.

ST3ALTHSE7EN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decoyelite thanks for the heads up. I might just do that instead. But i'm weird. I like to have physical copies of issues.

DecoyElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@st3althse7en: That's not weird. I read mostly digital now and I still think physical copies are better to have. But that deal is really good so it's at least worth considering. (It's on almost all Valiant stuff, including a bunch of classic stuff like Ninjak)

ST3ALTHSE7EN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decoyelite You make it sound tempting! Especially considering the price. I might do it! ha! Especially since i'm so far behind on most Valiant stuff as it is.

DecoyElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@st3althse7en: I used it to play catch up myself. Ended up buying a lot of issues and I might be getting more(the classic Valiant stuff is really good).

ST3ALTHSE7EN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decoyelite I feel like i'm playing catch up.... A TON! I am still in the newb stages here. Started in the comic book world a little late, but I am excited to get some good reads in. Thanks for all the help!

DecoyElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@st3althse7en: No problem. The more people who read Valiant the better. I really want to see them succeed. ^.^

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@st3althse7en: The first issue was good. It seems to have set things up pretty well for future issues. The team is coming together to protect Earth while the main team is off-planet, so most of the members aren't in other titles at the moment, so if there are characters you like on the team, it could be worth getting for them. It looks like Luke Cage and Spectrum(Monica Rambeau) are going to be the main focus, but I imagine the other members will get a fair amount of attention.

ST3ALTHSE7EN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@st3althse7en: No problem. :)

Any thoughts on the other titles I suggested?

ST3ALTHSE7EN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@v_scarlotte_rose. I've been hearing some buzz lately about Pretty Deadly. Not sure if it would be something I would jump into, but it has peaked my interest a little haha. Any input here?

Smallville2106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I have just ordered:

Velvet #1

Sex Criminals #1

Black Science #1

Pretty Deadly #1

Zero #1

All sound great!

ST3ALTHSE7EN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was thinking of picking up Zero as well.... Anyone else reading it?