never watched naruto, onepiece or cowboy beebop

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

whats so great about them? should I watch em on Netflix or something?

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

Naruto is pretty good. Wouldnt reccomend the dub tho

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I've watched Naruto and I really liked it. Great anime IMO. You should watch it on watchcartoononline.com

Avatar image for wishiwassuperman
WIshIWasSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By WIshIWasSuperman

I can't stand One Piece (the animation alone turns me off it), and I've never watched Cowboy Beebop, so I can't comment on that, Naruto however - absolutely LOVE it - especially the Shippudan series. Once they got older it turned into a whole new ball game. The only downside with the anime is season filler (especially during the original Naruto series), but the manga generally doesn't suffer from that.

I tend to agree with @wolverine08 thoug that the dub version isn't as good, however if you're lazy and can't be bothered reading subtitles it's still fine (I'm assuming of course you can't speak/understand Japanese, which if you can, doesn't matter then). The one thing I will say though - if you intend on watching form the very beginning (which really, you should so you have a clue as to what the hell is going on), it does take a few episodes to really get going and suck you in.

The other one I absolutely love is Bleach. If you're not watching/reading that - get into it. Again give it a few episodes, but I can't imagine anyone who likes comics and stuff not enjoying Bleach. Just spewing the cut the anime series short of the entire manga (and even more disappointed the manga is ending soon).

MrShway88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cowboy Bebop is awesome. I loved it. One Piece is good but only the Fundimation episodes. The 4kids episodes ruin it and makes it unwatchable. Wouldn't recommend Naruto. As for mangas, I never read Cowboy Bebop, One Piece is great, and Naruto is good but I think it goes downhill during Shippuden.

AzorAhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ahh my friend, let me tell you, Bleach, not good. I mean, IMO there's no development in storyline. Starts off as student then transforms into this crazy soul reaper dude with instant OP'ness (kinda). Naruto on the other hand, is a beautiful anime. It really shows the torment, struggles, relationship and successes Naruto has had ever since he was just a boy. Detail rich characters, that you should keep watch of from the 1st episode. It's best if you finish the 1st part and watch Shippuden. Shippuden is where the sh!t hits the fan, old characters return and Naruto's true story unfolds. He gets crazy strong and we meet new and insanely powerful characters. It shows the development of a lot of characters not like Bleach. But before you watch that, I suggest you watch Samurai Champloo, my fav anime of all time. MASTERPIECE soundtrack, MEMORABLE characters and BEAUTIFUL animation sequences. It will make you cry, angry and laugh. Cowboy bebop is up there with Champloo. And btw, Naruto= watch in Japanese, please not English and SC= in english

The_Imperator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By The_Imperator

Just started watching Naruto; I would recommend watching it with someone, Naruto is a grating and stupid character for much of the show, and you need someone to mock him with to keep from simply turning it off. Most of the other characters are awesome, such as the Pervy Sage, and all characters but Sasuke and the kid that eats too much.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

@sog7dc: Naruto is great, Cowboy is ok..but a bit over-hyped imo. And I dislike One Piece.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

I'm not a fan of any of those, or anime in general. I do like non-anime cartoons but I don't like anime design/style, to be honest.

Cooldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Cooldes

I've watched Narutoone piece and I really liked it. Great anime IMO. You should watch it on watchcartoononline.com

fixed*

I recommend One piece, and durarara, and deathnote.

you can check them out on watchcartoononline.com

cowboybebop is a Classic and it's really good if that's your style.

Naruto and Bleach on the other hand....

they're ok... i mean... of course the big 3 are all expected to be great but to me they don't live up to one piece, for naruto i stopped at pain as everyone was getting alittle too OP for my tastes...

...And bleach they OVER hype up ichigo with Every Single Power Available. like he's somehow been blessed with everything -_-

it really takes the fun out of a show when the main character successfully becomes the strongest in the universe. at least in dbz ult gohan is strongest so goku isn't.

Buuuut one piece is only half way done sooo yeaaah....

AzorAhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cooldes said:

@wolverine08 said:

I've watched Narutoone piece and I really liked it. Great anime IMO. You should watch it on watchcartoononline.com

fixed*

they're ok... i mean... of course the big 3 are all expected to be great but to me they don't live up to one piece, for naruto i stopped at pain as everyone was getting alittle too OP for my tastes...

...And bleach they OVER hype up ichigo with Every Single Power Available. like he's somehow been blessed with everything -_-

it really takes the fun out of a show when the main character successfully becomes the strongest in the universe. at least in dbz ult gohan is strongest so goku isn't.

THANK YOU FOR SEEING THE FLAW IN BLEACH.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azorahai said:

@cooldes said:

@wolverine08 said:

fixed*

THANK YOU FOR SEEING THE FLAW IN BLEACH.

lol

Everyone sees it, even Bleach fan can't deny it.

MrShway88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cooldes: Finally someone talking with some sense on this thread.

Vaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Vaccine

I have stopped watching anime but have continued to keep up with the Manga. If you're okay with it, give Manga a shot. I dislike fillers and the Naruto (Shippudden) anime has lots of it recently. I can't complain much about Bleach though (Anime and/or Manga-wise). I'm still upset that the anime got terminated right before the current (Manga) arc began.

I've heard some good things about the One Piece anime.

If you have to go with Naruto, watch it before the Shippudden arc. Those were GREAT times.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hmmm i cant really say what directly is so good about bebob cuz sometimes i like it and sometimes i dont, the music and the mood of the stories are pretty good i guess i would

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc: I haven't watched bebop, But I'd recommend you watching naruto, one piece, and bleach. (Subbed version, as much as possible, it's weird to hear the english voice actors say 'sasuke' and 'jutsu' )

One piece is really, really worth watching if you can stand the weirdness of art, and weirdness of.. everything in general. It has really in-depth character development, world building, you can for a deep bond with them, more so than most other mangas. Ignoring the omgnakama stuff, it's really very well writen, and real world to the point the protagonists get stomped when faced with actually strong enemies.

Naruto, out of the three, is much more classified, and systematic, yet fun, like special defensive and offensive techniques, different battle tactics, elementary techniques, their strengths and weaknesses and many very ingenious concepts. This also makes sure they have the best battle scenes out of the three. And the canon part never lets you gets bored. But, it sometimes can be overly simplistic (like: uchiha love is stronger than senju, but they can't control it and turns to hate? wth?) I'd recommend skipping the fillers between naruto ending and shippuden beginning though. They're a torture.

Bleach is a very good anime, if you like art, and a *lot* of style combined with iconic moves and crazy dialogues. It can get incredibly annoying at times (ichigo spent chapters fighting a piggish looking thing once), and has some really boring fillers except one or two, but if you ignore them, the anime itself was incredible. Even if they tend to overpower ichigo sometimes, it's nice watching it.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 the_stegman  Moderator

@azorahai: Bleach has MANY flaws, Deus Ex Ichigo is only one of them.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmannflash: then why post?

@SOG7dc Cowboy Bebop is awesome: great story, animation and characters.

Naruto is cool and I recommend Samurai Champloo also.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By frogdog

Stick with cowboy bebop then, watch outlaw star and trigun

Don't bother with the other two shows.

One piece isn't for everyone as it's requires patience to get into. Otherwise it's a very good shonen show.

Naruto has decent part1 but a horrible part2 that contradicts everything placed in part 1.

Cooldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frogdog said:

Stick with cowboy bebop then, watch outlaw star One Piece, and trigun

Don't bother with the other two shows.Naruto

MrShway88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frogdog said:

Stick with cowboy bebop then, watch outlaw star and trigun

Don't bother with the other two shows.

One piece isn't for everyone as it's requires patience to get into. Otherwise it's a very good shonen show.

Naruto has decent part1 but a horrible part2 that contradicts everything placed in part 1.

I second this. Although I can't think of how anyone can not like One Piece. Also Outlaw Star and Trigun are some of my favorites.

Commander_Kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cowboy Bebop is amazing, those other 2 aren't worthy of the same list

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Naruto had a VERY good start. However a little while into Shippuden, Kishimoto completely ignores the supporting cast, starts sucking every Uchiha's d***, and Naruto turns out to be the chosen one, which is absolute crap! One Piece, I would recommend. But do NOT watch 4Kids. Its possibly the worst anime they ever dubbed.

Cooldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cowboy Bebop & One Piece are amazing, those other 2 aren'tNaruto isn't worthy of the same list