Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
No Caption Provided

[Original Story]

Today started the Television Critics Association Summer Press Tour for Netflix and there's tons of news about what is coming down the line for the company that changed the way people watch content. The thing comic fans want to know about is what's going on with the Marvel series. There still isn't a launch date forJessica Jones or any news of the other continuing series. Variety reported on the event and learned that Jessica Jones will debut in 2015. Unfortunately, no exact date was given, so like most fans have been assuming, they may not get the next Marvel show until December.

In addition, Netflix briefly discussed what else is going on with their Marvel series. Reporter Laura Prudom was there and tweeted out that "Ideally "every six months, you’ll get a new season or series from #TheDefenders group... Once all four Marvel Netflix shows have been launched, they'll cross over for Defenders, but "some will selectively have multiple seasons." Based on that, it sees like fans won't get their Defenders mini-series until 2017, but the fact Netflix is pushing out two Marvel shows seasons out a year is pretty exciting.

Jessica Jones is next on the list, and that show will hit Netflix before the end of the year.

[UPDATE] News is coming out that Punisher could get his own stand-alone series now. Netflix Chief Content Officer Ted Sarandos revealed “Some [shows] will selectively have multiple seasons as they come out of the gate."

No Caption Provided

When Hitflix asked if a stand-alone Punisher show could be one of the future titles, Sarandos replied "Yes, anything is possible." Punisher would fit incredibly well into the world that Daredevil set up in its first season and a stand-alone season, on top of being a major player in season two, sounds pretty fantastic.
Back in June, it was announced Jon Bernthal would be playing Frank Castle in season two of Daredevil, and on top of that, a chunk of the season will have the vigilantes squaring-off against one another.

Would you like to see a stand-alone Punisher season?

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

So Netflix said Alias will air sometime by the end of 2015? Didn't we already know that?

Sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@kidchipotle: yeah, its already been said a few different times.

DrellAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Forget this, when is iron fist coming out?

The end of 2016 or the beginning of 2017, most likely. Daredevil is up next, then Luke Cage.

Avatar image for thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin
Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wrglfan2814: I love Iron Fist, but I can't and dosen't will never forget about Jessica Jones :)

Sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wrglfan2814: Iron Fist, will be out in 2017 from the looks of things.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By FearTheLiving

So Netflix said Alias will air sometime by the end of 2015? Didn't we already know that?

@sammo21 said:

@kidchipotle: yeah, its already been said a few different times.

It was previously said they were shooting for a 2015 release but it could get pushed to 2016 this is confirmation that it will be in fact 2015.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Ehh. I guess I am greedy. I think we should be getting 3 or 4 of these shows a year...

Diannah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Merry Christmas to me! :-)

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

@lukehero said:

Ehh. I guess I am greedy. I think we should be getting 3 or 4 of these shows a year...

Not your fault, they give you so many and then take time away. This year kind of sucked for quantity of super hero shows and movies, they teased us a long and then leave us with the entire half of the year with nothing to do but wait.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@docholiday: Antman was mediocre & boring, but I loved Avengers 2. Arrow season 3 was blase and unfocused. DD was amazing though. I want more Netflix shows. Also of course I am waiting on Batman v Superman.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just want more Daredevil. They've done a crappy job generating interest in Jessica Jones.

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

@docholiday: Antman was mediocre & boring, but I loved Avengers 2. Arrow season 3 was blase and unfocused. DD was amazing though. I want more Netflix shows. Also of course I am waiting on Batman v Superman.

I feel the other way around for Antman and Avengers 2, Avengers 2 felt so much like a copy/paste of the first Avengers and characters who were getting dark or gritty seemed reduced to family-friendly versions of themselves, also Ultron came across really odd, not dark and menacing aside from two scenes, instead he came across as sarcastic and self-obsessed. Arrow, yeah...aside from Atom taking out a fighter jet and Flash defeating an entire building full of ninjas, not much to it. I want season 2 of the Flash, now! :P

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the title is kind of misleading

they didn't really confirm when it's coming out, just vaguely sometime this year

and Defenders could be a pretty long way away if multiple shows get multiple seasons and only 2 seasons a year

2015 - AKA Jessica Jones

2016 - Iron Fist

Daredevil S02

2017 - Luke Cage

Jessica Jones S02/Daredevil S03/Iron Fist S02

2018 - Defenders

Defenders won't be here until 2018 if a single other show gets another season, and could easily be pushed back to 2019

looking forward to it, but nothing to get excited over yet

Sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: I don't know, I feel the marketing is still in the exact same stages as Daredevil was. Remember, the show is still probably 5 months away from release. Daredevil really didn't get any marketing until 2-3 months before release.

DrellAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

I just want more Daredevil. They've done a crappy job generating interest in Jessica Jones.

They haven't done a crappy job, they're just not ready to start the marketing machine this early. Remember, marketing for Daredevil didn't start until about 2 months before the show's release.

Avatar image for deactivated-57dd84d2af8d3
deactivated-57dd84d2af8d3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought it was announced for December months ago.

@drellassassin: Exactly.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I heard they were having trouble bringing him into the MCU. They are trying to find a way to explain his chi and how it can fit into their universe.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By uugieboogie

@lukehero said:

I swear I said this exact same thing people looked at me like I was crazy.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

Cant wait for all of them

~MiB

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

I swear I said this exact same thing people looked at me like I was crazy.

Some people just can't handle when people don't like things the same way they do. It's basically every Battle Forum post on here "No, my favorite character wins because they're my favorite!"

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#22  Edited By d9000

@drellassassin said:
@jayc1324 said:

They haven't done a crappy job, they're just not ready to start the marketing machine this early. Remember, marketing for Daredevil didn't start until about 2 months before the show's release.

It is interesting though that Netflix hasn't completely over-hyped their partnership with Marvel. You'd think they'd be salivating to promote the very notion that they have Marvel related content, let alone original Cinematic Universe tie-ins. Probably a good thing I guess, maybe they're focused on making the product really good instead of just telling people it's good, and maybe they have a much smaller budget than anyone thinks.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SN: I think Jon Bernthal is gonna kill as Punisher, perfect casting IMO.

DrellAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@d9000: I think it's more that they know their audience, and their audience is the kind that wants content on demand and right now. If they can't get it right now, they're not interested. So why would Netflix spend money on a 6 month+ long marketing plan hyping up each Marvel show, when they can just do a marketing blitz leading up to its release? House of Cards is their tentpole show, and even it didn't get a marketing push until the two months before release.

Zearing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@lukehero said:

What about the Flash?

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zearing said:
@lukehero said:

What about the Flash?

I said I want Season 2 of Flash. I loved the first season of Flash, everything felt right. Even the romance/drama didn't feel like the tween garbage they force on the public but rather natural scenes that occur in the Flash comics

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zearing: Flash was great :D thought it was stupid in the season finale they mention he only is running around Mach 2 or below. But...besides that is was great.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Nice

sasquatch888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the defenders is doc strange hulk silver surfer namor valkarie and nighthawk ...how the hell is jessica jjones, powerman and daredevil the defenders wtf

gunswordfist_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sweet. I pray that we do get Punisher and it's Ennis Max style.

Pretty much how I feel about Jessica Jones, even though I'll watch it to hope I'm proven wrong.

BlueJay2324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@docholiday: Nice comments. I also feel like there are a lot of varied opinions on how comic book media is being developed nowadays. I personally enjoyed Ant-Man a lot but didn't feel much excitement for Age of Ultron. And when it comes to something even more topical like Batman v. Superman, I don't really have much interest in it. It's a matter of taste and what individuals are looking for. I think we can take a step back and enjoy that these live action adaptations are even being made. I mean, I'll never see a live action Spider-Gwen, so I'll never see my favorite character but why would I be upset that tons of people are getting these adaptation of Supes and Bats. It's a good time to be a fan in my opinion, enjoy what you like be happy that other people enjoy something you don't.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I have a feeling Jessica Jones will have a hard time living up to Daredevil's hype.I think that's why they gave Luke Cage 8 episodes to appear in.She needs help.

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@docholiday: Nice comments. I also feel like there are a lot of varied opinions on how comic book media is being developed nowadays. I personally enjoyed Ant-Man a lot but didn't feel much excitement for Age of Ultron. And when it comes to something even more topical like Batman v. Superman, I don't really have much interest in it. It's a matter of taste and what individuals are looking for. I think we can take a step back and enjoy that these live action adaptations are even being made. I mean, I'll never see a live action Spider-Gwen, so I'll never see my favorite character but why would I be upset that tons of people are getting these adaptation of Supes and Bats. It's a good time to be a fan in my opinion, enjoy what you like be happy that other people enjoy something you don't.

NEVER! :P Kidding, I can appreciate that things will be made I like and don't like, often I feel what upsets fans is the inaccurate portrayal of famous and favorite characters.

kid Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i feel like they should do stand-alone series for Iron Fist and Luke Cage, then merge the two shows for HFH. how many stories can you really pump out for Luke?

guy went to jail when he shouldnt have, got super powers, got out and became a hero, then forgot to wrap it up on a one-night-stand. that doesnt scream multiple seasons to me, especially cause they arent gonna do the baby stuff for a looooong time if at all

mrkareemruiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#36  Edited By Teerack

This is great news.

IDontLikeBirds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the defenders is doc strange hulk silver surfer namor valkarie and nighthawk ...how the hell is jessica jjones, powerman and daredevil the defenders wtf

Well because like a lot of teams in Marvel, they don't keep the same roster. There have been other Defenders. The last comic version of them was all females.

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By d9000
CyanidePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sasquatch888:

Because the shows and movies aren't the comics. Marvel Studios can create any teams they want with whatever members they want.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

Iron Fist is coming out in winter. :P

THE_JOKER51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh god I hope Netflix does do a Punisher series, if they can do it even close to how they did with DD S1 or HOC S1&2 it should be outstanding! With Bernthal staring in it, with the intensity he brings to every role, it would no doubt give any other Netflix original programming series a serious run for it's money!

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Trash

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#43  Edited By DonFelipe

@sasquatch888:

Because the shows and movies aren't the comics. Marvel Studios can create any teams they want with whatever members they want.

Or, let's simply call the series All-New All-Different Defenders. :P

alsummers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love Netflix shows and I love that Netflix is doing more comic book shows, but at this point I feel like Marvel is overreaching their machine a bit with movies, ABC shows, and Netflix all in the fix.

While Daredevil and possibly Iron Fist differs up the Marvel brand in mainstream media, I think Netflix should want to give other comics from other companies a go too, like Image, or heck I've always wanted Netflix to resurrect Constantine from the dead.

But it looks like Disney/Marvel's icy fist won't let them do that.

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 107

Neat

DrellAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love Netflix shows and I love that Netflix is doing more comic book shows, but at this point I feel like Marvel is overreaching their machine a bit with movies, ABC shows, and Netflix all in the fix.

While Daredevil and possibly Iron Fist differs up the Marvel brand in mainstream media, I think Netflix should want to give other comics from other companies a go too, like Image, or heck I've always wanted Netflix to resurrect Constantine from the dead.

But it looks like Disney/Marvel's icy fist won't let them do that.

What? It's not like Netflix is like "alright guys we have 4 comic book show slots, whose gonna fill them?" and then Marvel took all 4 spots. Netflix can go after any comic property they want, Marvel/Disney have no exclusivity deal in place to prevent them from doing that.

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

Netflix isn't going to turn down money, and none of these actors are so big that they couldn't be bought, so all of these shows could get multiple seasons IF they develop a fan base. Support the shows you love.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edaa8b959055
deactivated-5edaa8b959055

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

I feel the other way around for Antman and Avengers 2, Avengers 2 felt so much like a copy/paste of the first Avengers and characters who were getting dark or gritty seemed reduced to family-friendly versions of themselves, also Ultron came across really odd, not dark and menacing aside from two scenes, instead he came across as sarcastic and self-obsessed. Arrow, yeah...aside from Atom taking out a fighter jet and Flash defeating an entire building full of ninjas, not much to it. I want season 2 of the Flash, now! :P

Because Ultron was the mirror image of Stark. I think that's why they made him so sarcastic and non threatening. Arrow season 3 was a dissapointment after the terrific season 2. Antman was meh.

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@docholiday said:
@lukehero said:

Because Ultron was the mirror image of Stark. I think that's why they made him so sarcastic and non threatening. Arrow season 3 was a dissapointment after the terrific season 2. Antman was meh.

That also annoyed me, they decided to change Ultron's origin and by doing so, his personality, instead of the monstrous super being who saw all humans as trash he came across as more human than ever.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edaa8b959055
deactivated-5edaa8b959055

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_real_seaman said:
@docholiday said:
@lukehero said:

That also annoyed me, they decided to change Ultron's origin and by doing so, his personality, instead of the monstrous super being who saw all humans as trash he came across as more human than ever.

Well since Hank Pym wasn't introduced yet that's why they changed it. Personally I think Antman should have been released before the Avengers AoU that way Pym could've created him