Neil DeGrasse Tyson on the Plot Points in the BvS Teaser

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

As you may or may not know, NGT was one of the voices that was speaking in the beginning of the BvS teaser, and it is confirmed that he has some role in the film (probably just a person on a news cast.) Tyson was on the Daily Show this week, and seemingly and simply summed up the plot points that are unclear to some in the BvS teaser. Some of us were able to pick up on this message from just the teaser, but for those that weren't, this should help clear up any confusion. Check it out below.

_Mongul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

NDT in BvS?

10/10, 10/10

100/100

Best movie.

BEST MOVIE.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

@eyedcyou: He got the Superman part right, but the Batman part wrong. Batman doens't really answer to anyone and he's rumored to be an urban legend in GOtham

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@_mongul: If you're not being sarcastic, you know he was in a Superman comic too, right?

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard: he's got about 4 rogues in Suicide Squad confirmed so far. I don't think that rumor is correct.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard: he's got about 4 rogues in Suicide Squad confirmed so far. I don't think that rumor is correct.

Obviously if Batman stops the bad guys they go to jail, but no one aside from them (and possibly Gordon) have seen Batman. But if we took ARGUS into consideration, they are a super secret agency, they need to know things. Waller probably also knows that Bruce is Batman. An other rumor states that they call him a booegyman that makes the government look bad

VoloErgoMalus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@eyedcyou: He got the Superman part right, but the Batman part wrong. Batman doens't really answer to anyone and he's rumored to be an urban legend in GOtham

I wonder if they're going for a more "lawful" version of Batman, who has some concept of aid to civil authority and recognizes the mayor as both a key part of the order he's trying to maintain in Gotham, and a source of feedback from the people of the city, so they have a working relationship and Batman is obligated to follow certain guidelines. There's a precedent for this sort of thing in Batman stories, though usually in the lighter-toned stories. This way he's not just some crazed vigilante, but a political figure that could believably be part of the status quo. From there he's pitted against Superman, who is decidedly unlawful ("I guess you'll just have to trust me"), in an interesting reversal from The Dark Knight Returns, where Supes was the lawful one.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Superguy1591

@saint_wildcard: he's also retired and well into his career as Batman. I seriously doubt the "legend" rumor is true.

He drives that really loud Bat-mobile around and has a Bat-Wing. Someone has noticed him.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SaintWildcard

@superguy1591 said:

@saint_wildcard: he's also retired and well into his career as Batman. I seriously doubt the "legend" rumor is true.

He drives that really loud Bat-Mobile around and has a Bat-Wing. Someone has noticed him.

Him retiring doesn't debunk him being an urban legend. It's not like they threw him a retirement party. It works for the character because he wants to instill fear into criminals. People would more likely fear him if they think he is a fake when they are caught of guard commuting a crime. It adds some suspense.

I'll give you the Batmobile and Batwing argument though. BUt even if he is known through out Gotham, the rest of the world might not give a hoot so it mostly stays within Gotham and why Superman is the one to cause the hero boom and not Batman.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

@superguy1591 said:

He drives that really loud Bat-Mobile around and has a Bat-Wing. Someone has noticed him.

Him retiring doesn't debunk him being an urban legend. It's not like they threw him a retirement party. It works for the character because he wants to instill fear into criminals. People would more likely fear him if they think he is a fake when they are caught of guard commuting a crime. It adds some suspense.

I'll give you the Batmobile and Batwing argument though. BUt even if he is known through out Gotham, the rest of the world might not give a hoot so it mostly stays within Gotham and why Superman is the one to cause the hero boom and not Batman.

I think Supes caused the Hero Boom because his Events made a bigger impact. A Possible Vigilante beating on thugs in Gotham the most crime filled city in America (I'm assuming) Or a Super Powered Alien who every time he fights buildings fall ( the point of view of the anti supes supporters such as Lex)

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Supes caused the Hero Boom because his Events made a bigger impact.

Yes, not just destruction wise, but it is the first time the people of Earth have seen an ALien or had a public Superhero. Steve Trevor possibly crashed on Themyscira because of the World Engine which also must have affected Atlantis.

A Possible Vigilante beating on thugs in Gotham the most crime filled city in America (I'm assuming) Or a Super Powered Alien who every time he fights buildings fall ( the point of view of the anti supes supporters such as Lex)

NOt sure what you mean here. What are you asking?

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

@stormshadow_x said:

I think Supes caused the Hero Boom because his Events made a bigger impact.

Yes, not just destruction wise, but it is the first time the people of Earth have seen an ALien or had a public Superhero. Steve Trevor possibly crashed on Themyscira because of the World Engine which also must have affected Atlantis.

A Possible Vigilante beating on thugs in Gotham the most crime filled city in America (I'm assuming) Or a Super Powered Alien who every time he fights buildings fall ( the point of view of the anti supes supporters such as Lex)

NOt sure what you mean here. What are you asking?

Not asking anything. Just comparing the two characters and how big they were too the world. You know what would be cool? If the Guardians took notice of the kryptonians attack on earth and now monitor it by giving the Job to Abin Sur ((if its Hal. Not sure about the others) I just think the Idea of thinking earth and its sector seem to have go problems on a galactic level so this is the first time they actually see they may indeed need protecting. Along with this Earth is now under the spot light of otherGalactic characters. (Possibly Mongul, Darkseid of course, Maybe the new gods?)