Need suggestions for trades / graphic novels.

Seppuku716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hello all.

Well i just sold my child hood as in. I sold all of my comics. Granted it wasn't that much but it did have gems such as the mutant massacre, fatal attractions, and Identity crisis. There were at least 300 comics all from the 90's I'm vert sad to say that I no longer own any actual comics.

It was a dumb move on my part but in order to make myself feel better I plan on buying new trades to somewhat bring my spirits and my collection back to something worth while.

If you all could suggest a bunch of material I would really appreciate it.

Main interests

Xmen -Gambit,Cyclops,Fatal Attractions,AoA.. I havn't read much of anything X related since The Pheonix five so i would really like to get into some new stuff. I really do not like Wolverine tho so try not to throw any suggestions his way. Cyclops was right.

I heard Superior spiderman was really good but while looking on amazon for trades I get lost and dont know where to start.

I also really enjoy single stories. I heard titles such as Age of X was good as well as No More Humans so anything like that is cool too. I enjoyed Justice if that helps.

DC- I left off during the Hush saga so anything there and after would be nice to read.

Overall really just please help wish some suggestions and a quick synopsis of the story to help sell it for me.

Seppuku716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone?

CaptainHoopla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Get the omnibus of Uncanny X-Force by Rick Remender. It does have Wolverine in it, but I don't think it will disappoint you.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I picked up some of the new 52 aquaman and really enjoyed it

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

If you want to check out superior Spider-Man just start with Superior volume 1.

Batamns Zero Year stuff is absolutely worth reading as well.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

The New-52 titles I would recommend areeee

Justice League

Aquaman

Flash

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 559

I enjoyed or enjoying Aquaman & Batman (Death of the Family was awesome) from the New 52. I also enjoyed Red Hood and the Outlaws but seems to gather great love or hate depending on who you ask.

Have read a few marvel titles but only thing I have enjoyed moderately thus far has been X-Force or Cable & X-Force. Couple of other decent ones but only thing from Marvel Now I actually kept.

You didn't mention anything outside the big 2 but would highly recommend the TMNT IDW stories. Just finished City Fall and everything is really getting red hot.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da1bf32237f0
deactivated-5da1bf32237f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Try Brian Michael Bendis' Uncanny X-Men, which is currently ongoing. Wolverine only pops up for a couple issues and isn't a main character. You might also like Kieron Gillen's run of Uncanny X-Men since that's also about Cyclops' team, which I haven't read yet, but it's on my list. And I know you don't like Wolverine, but Grant Morrison's New X-Men and Joss Whedon's Astonishing X-Men are definitely worth a look. Also, try looking into X-Men (you can just start with issue 18) and All-New X-Factor. Both don't feature much of Wolverine. All-New X-Men is good, too, but it loses its steam after issue 15. It doesn't have a whole lot of Wolverine in it, and the team eventually goes to Cyclops' school after Battle of the Atom, so that's fairly interesting. The quality of the book did definitely drop after Battle of the Atom, though.

For Spider-Man, I actually recommend J. Michael Stracynzski's run. It is excellent. A lot of it has been retconned because of One More Day, but the stories and writing are really well done. I've also heard Spider-Man: Big Time is pretty good, but I haven't read it yet.

For DC, I'll recommend some New 52 titles. Scott Snyder's Batman is just awesome. Definitely give that a look. I also recommend Aquaman, Justice League, and Wonder Woman. A lot of people seem to like Jeff Lemire's current Green Arrow run, so that also might be worth looking into. I personally don't like it, but most people do, so give it a shot.