Need Suggestions for Comic Reviews

PeezMachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By PeezMachine

Hey there, I'm Eric, new to the Vine (but avid GiantBomber or "duder" as it may be). I'm pretty new to comics, but am currently writing/pitching three of them (two of which still need artists, hint hint).

That artist and I recently launched a site where we, among other things, review comics. We did some New 52 Wonder Woman (loved it) and the reboot of X-O Manowar (despised it), and now we're looking for our next target. Any suggestions? We're not necessarily looking for great comics; in fact, our discussion-based format will probably work best for comics that have both considerable strengths and flaws. In short, we're looking for comics which:

1) Have run enough of arc to evaluate the long-form storytelling (we did 6 issues of Wonder Woman and 4 of X-O, both of which covered an arc)
2) Isn't "just art" at the expense of writing (that is to say, nothing in which the writing is an obvious throwaway)
3) Is fairly recent
4) (nice, but not mandatory) is sci-fi in some sense, since that's what our joint project is
5) (also not mandatory) is available on Comixology (since I'm trying to cut down on physical clutter in my life)

Thanks in advance for your tips! Feel free to check out the site over at http://www.theschemehatchery.com/ for our reviews and behind-the-scenes "developer diaries" (in gaming parlance).