#1 Posted by Ravager4 (1627 posts) - - Show Bio

Looking for some suggestions for new comics, not from DC or Marvel (and by that extension, no Vertigo either). Here's a list of what I'm already reading:

• Morning Glories
  • Mind the Gap
  • Invincible
  • Harbinger
  • Red Sonja

I'm most interested in books that have some interesting/strong female leads, not really picky on the genre. Also, don't suggest Saga... I've already given that a chance and wasn't too fond of it.

#2 Edited by CaptainHoopla (1165 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Posted by Ravager4 (1627 posts) - - Show Bio

@captainhoopla: That's written by Rucka? Well there's a reason right there to give it a try.

#4 Posted by Billy Batson (58265 posts) - - Show Bio

Rachel Rising?
BB

#5 Edited by jwalser3 (5255 posts) - - Show Bio

The new TMNT, The Wake, Doomsday, AND SAGA

#6 Posted by DoomDoomDoom (4253 posts) - - Show Bio

East of West, while the lead isn't female there are quite a few strong females who pop up in the story.

#7 Posted by Ravager4 (1627 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

Anyone have any more?

#8 Edited by ccraft (5494 posts) - - Show Bio

IDW's TMNT ongoing is awesome, a good jumping on point would be on the arc City Fall or you can start on issue #1, issue 1 is free on comixology check it out!

#9 Posted by batman922 (268 posts) - - Show Bio
@jwalser3 said:

The new TMNT, The Wake, Doomsday, AND SAGA

SAGA is so good, it was recommended to me by my LCS owner and I have been hooked since. I don't collect the monthly's since my pull list is already to long and I don't need to add more lol but I love the trades and have read them both multiple times.

#10 Posted by Squares (8024 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by ccraft (5494 posts) - - Show Bio

@nico4ever: is red sonja a good series? I've read about 2 issues and it was pretty interesting.