Need Major help with multiple reading orders and questions!

indiedude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By indiedude

I have never read a comic book in my life... but i have been watching the tv show arrow, and agents of s.h.i.e.l.d and most marvel/dc movies and i recently bought

The new 52: Aquaman(all), Batgirl(all), Batman(all),Batman & Robin(all), Batwing(all), Batwoman(all), Catwoman(all), Detective Comics(all), Birds of Prey(all), Green Arrow(all), Green Lantern(all), Green Lantern Corps.(all), Green Lantern- New Guardians(all), Justice League(all), Justice League Dark(all), Justice League of America(all), Justice League United(all), Red Hood & the Outlaws(all), Red Lanterns(all), Secret Origins(all), Sinestro(all), Superman(all), Superman-Wonderwoman(all), The Flash(all), Wonderwoman(all), Action Comics(all), Supergirl(all)

I know this is alot but when i get into something I really like to get into it. The confusing thing is where do i start??? do i read one set then another or.... and am I missing any dc comics which i should go out and buy or order online? Money isn't an issue, but im not buying anything pre the new 52.

Any help is extremely appreciated and very needed!

Edit: Im currently watching Justice League The Flashpoint Paradox instead of reading The Flashpoint Arc

Eric

Mr_Clockwork91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Mr_Clockwork91

Not buying anything pre52? i'm sorry. Best stories are there and in so you don't overwhelm yourself, find a character you'd think you like and read a lot of their stories, then extend out from there. Dark Knight Returns is a good Batman read.

indiedude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

too much stuff before 52 it confuses me and i want to read most of there characters

Mr_Clockwork91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like I said, pick a character that you'd think you would like, look up on here their history and pick a story arc that is attainable for you. Not every story arc is canon and crucial to the character. For example, my favorite dc character is The Question, I know I probably will never get the Charlton comics so I started with the dc reboot of him and went from there.

feebadger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By feebadger

@indiedude: I'd probably recommend starting with Justice League. It is one of the cornerstone series of the New 52 and is a great introduction to a lot of the characters. Then i would look into Aquaman and Wonder Woman as they really relaunched from the ground up. Feel free to drop me line if you want any further but i think that's a good place to start. Enjoy, indiedude, you've got some fantastic reading ahead of you :)