Need help with the order of reading DC

MarlboroMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey guys sorry for the bad english first of all, anyway i wasn't really planning to read DC universe at all it was alway not really compelling to my style but i literally almost read anything published by Marvel, and i am not really happy with the new marvel now world at the moment soo this is getting really boring and i read couple non cannon dc series for the last month i liked it pretty much now i want to get in to the main events but i dont know where should i really start, but i dont want to go back a lot at least just for now can you guys help me out with the order of recent big events on DC comics?

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

@marlboroman:

Hey, don't worry about it. You have better English then most people on this site. :P

I'm pretty new to DC comics myself compared to most, but I've heard around the site and from my own resurch that a good place to start is probably something like Final Crises. I also hear there "greatest stories ever told" collections are a good place to start as well.

Also, some advice; if you can manage to find "DC's essential graphic novels and chronology for 2013" pick it up. It's free and very helpful.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By ccraft

I guess you can start with the new 52

You should list your favorite characters so we could recommend you comics.

If you like Superman try reading these story arcs, Kingdom Come and Superman Brainiac

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

@marlboroman: What I would recommend is to start with the New 52. It is a relaunch for new readers to jump on, anyways. This way, you don't need to worry about order. Just read from issue 1 and so on.

Then, you can also look for famous story arcs pre-New 52. For example Kingdom Come or Blackest Night, or Hush, etc...As for pre New 52, you don't need to read full volumes of titles, just pick out ones that may interest you.

This is what I did. Don't worry, I'm fairly new to comics as well. Starting last year, I jumped onto the New 52. I checked out series that I was interested in. For example: Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Justice League...starting from issue 1 to right now (around issues 21).

In between all of the New 52, I looked around for famous stories. I've always loved Batman so I found Hush, Killing Joke, and so on. I read other ones like Superman Brainiac, Kingdom Come, Flashpoint and so on.

MarlboroMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Thanks for the answers guys! i will try to cover new 52 reboot and as an extra Kingdom Come and Blackest Night, and i have an one more question though what is the storyline that caused this reboot i would like to read the build up story that caused this big change in the multiverse

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Thanks for the answers guys! i will try to cover new 52 reboot and as an extra Kingdom Come and Blackest Night, and i have an one more question though what is the storyline that caused this reboot i would like to read the build up story that caused this big change in the multiverse

Flashpoint.

BB